• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best reply

im-in-dange-the-simpsons.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary moment earlier today. I thought I was bitten by someone infected with the cordyceps fungus. I hate going to Walmart but my aunt said it was an emergency so I went. I was walking around looking for the Maximum Strength Nair she needed when someone making odd noises ran out and bit me in my arm before I could reach for the pistol I've kept taped to my back since 1988. They ran off and I panicked thinking I only had 4-6 hours left to live. I sat down and began wondering if Walmart had those phone lip things. Luckily the store manager came back and said the person was not infected, just a meth addict. Whew! Crisis averted. The manager gave me my aunt's Nair for free and some expired soap to use to clean up my arm, so what started out as a bad day turned out to be pretty awesome.
Just in case my mother and sister have me quarantined to my room for 24 in case it is cordyceps, but I've got my tablet and basic cable in here so its like a vacation.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in summation I dont think we should completely discount Pogo Sticks as a primary form of transportation in heavily populated urban areas. I think the facts and studies above prove it's at least worth a look. Thank you.

Edit - What happened to the first 5000 words of my post? I bet it was cancel culture.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another US retailer where the Canadian stores were never comparable to their US counterparts. I still thought they were good stores though. Surprised by this.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the economy is bad when Canadians stop buying beer.

I think the pandemic took a pretty big toll on people staying away from bars and restaurants. Also, if you took a hit financially, alcohol certainly tumbles down the list of priorities.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pandemic took a pretty big toll on people staying away from bars and restaurants. Also, if you took a hit financially, alcohol certainly tumbles down the list of priorities.
you can click through to all the statscan annual reports on volume of alcohol consumed by clicking previous years report on their website

Last years report shows there was record breaking consumption of alcohol by volume in canada at the height of covid (and restrictions) from April 2020 to March 2021.

This last reporting years consumption by volume may have come off that record number but it was still higher than any year reported between April 2014 to March 2020. Of course it would decrease this year with everyone being able to do more in their lives than just drink.

dumb headline/story/and spin

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in summation I dont think we should completely discount Pogo Sticks as a primary form of transportation in heavily populated urban areas. I think the facts and studies above prove it's at least worth a look. Thank you.

Edit - What happened to the first 5000 words of my post? I bet it was cancel culture.
reminds me of when my son broke his tibia in November ... my daughter is the queen of family power rankings ... she came up with a "top 4 family cripples" as we were driving home from emergency where we left my son and wife to wait for assessment

Her words ... verbatim ...

"#1 - Dad - Achilles ... nuff said
#2 - *her brother* - all these hockey related injuries wah wah wah
#3 - Mom - she fell off that pogo stick that one time
#4 - Me - tip top shape"

/ I cancelled her shortly after
// yes we own a pogo stick

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancer sucks.

My mother in law lost her fight with it. It's been one of the most awful things to watch the last few years. Made infinitely worse by watching the fights with the health care industry along the way.

RIP funny lady. At least the pain is gone.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancer sucks.

My mother in law lost her fight with it. It's been one of the most awful things to watch the last few years. Made infinitely worse by watching the fights with the health care industry along the way.

RIP funny lady. At least the pain is gone.
Sorry for you and your family’s loss

Status
Not open for further replies.