• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine how fast COVID can spread on that baby?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I have a friend who thinks that all cruises are like this and i can't convince him otherwise.
Last two cruises i was on had 3-400 passengers.

We did do one of these when my kid was younger, would not recommend.
It had a skating rink, rock climbing wall, ziplines, a surf pool, a full sized movie theatre, all the bells and whistles.
we were tripping over people everywhere we went.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend who thinks that all cruises are like this and i can't convince him otherwise.

It had a skating rink, rock climbing wall, ziplines, a surf pool, a full sized movie theatre, all the bells and whistles.
wife is pretty bad with motion sickness but we both want to try a cruise. was thinking an alaska one as its bit shorter.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
wife is pretty bad with motion sickness but we both want to try a cruise. was thinking an alaska one as its bit shorter.
there is a terrific deal on 11 day round trip in mid Sept.
my wife is going on that with one of her friends.
she has motion sickness issues as well, so looks for newer boats with good stabilizers

text me if you want the details

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet I would love the smaller ships like that but unless I am way off on price, I do not see that being in my range anytime soon.
I will say that over the last 15 years I have gone on 3 cruises. All have been out of Baltimore so while they are with the big cruise lines, they are not the line's bigger ships. I think they carry 1500-2000 passengers. It sounds like a lot. but with the exception of the safety muster on the first day, and maybe the whole first day before people know where things are, I never felt crowded. Also 2 of the 3 were when school was in session so that might have helped.
Not sure I'll ever do one again post Covid. I kind of want to, kind of don't.
The patches behind the ears work great for most people. Some people just prepare to wear them the whole time

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patches behind the ears work great for most people. Some people just prepare to wear them the whole time

we did these on our trip to Guadalupe Island for the shark diving. the liveaboard boat was 40 feet and we got rocked hard on the 23 hour trip out to the island. she held up pretty good but there was one day we both really felt it.

she fears that the big boats would mess up her vertigo

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine how fast COVID can spread on that baby?
or Norovirus or Legionnaires

Id rather take Grandma tubing :noidea: (to be clear ... thats not sexual innuendo ... or is it ???)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw there was a Seattle to Van cruise that was 1 day/night ... you could try that :thumb:

/i thought it was Princess but its Holland America
1689093539434.png

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw there was a Vancouver to Seattle cruise that was 1 day/night ... you could try that :thumb:

I took the Victoria Clipper from downtown Victoria to Seattle just before COVID really broke out in North America in mid-February of 2020. There was a family sitting a few feet away from me who were hacking and coughing the entire trip. I then attended a theatrical production with about 800 people in attendance. How I managed to escape catching COVID is a mystery.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we did these on our trip to Guadalupe Island for the shark diving. the liveaboard boat was 40 feet and we got rocked hard on the 23 hour trip out to the island. she held up pretty good but there was one day we both really felt it.

she fears that the big boats would mess up her vertigo
Usually, the bigger the boat the less issue with seasickness/vertigo. At least thats what I have heard.

On the first cruise I was on we hit a tropical storm and some of the workers said it was the roughest seas they have ever felt. My wife was sick and couldnt sleep for about 24 hours. I slept fantastic and felt great! When I went to get breakfast the place was completely empty because most people were not doing well. I did feel bad when I saw a worker I talked to a bit, I walked up and said "good morning Gloria, how are you?". She held her stomach and could barely utter "not so good, not so good".

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw there was a Seattle to Van cruise that was 1 day/night ... you could try that :thumb:

/i thought it was Princess but its Holland America
View attachment 333943
that is perfect.... give her an idea pretty quick if a week long one would work thanks man i promise no more pinapple pizza comments for a week

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of a cruise, how about a submersible? Instead of huge crowds of thousands, a nice relaxing crowd of 5. Take a leak (or more) in a bucket behind a curtain and laugh about the poor people in their pop-up campers.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is perfect.... give her an idea pretty quick if a week long one would work thanks man i promise no more pinapple pizza comments for a week
Cdn Thanksgiving weekend ... you could go Vancouver to Seattle by Amtrak on Friday morning ... those trips leave at 6:35am from Main and Terminal ... stay at a nice hotel .. almost a planes trains and automobiles thing ... maybe put your hands between two pillows if youre lucky! I just planned your weekend getaway for you even though you mentioned Hawaiian pizza ... YOU'RE WELCOME!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.