• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Baseball Playoff Thread

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 MLB POSTSEASON

wpid-Detroit-Tigers-vs-New-York-Yankees4.jpg

AMERICAN LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES
DETROIT TIGERS VS NEW YORK YANKEES

NEW YORK YANKEES LEAD SERIES 1-0

GAME 1 - DET 3 @ NYY 9 - SEPT 30/Oct 1
GAME 2 - DET @ NYY - OCT 1 TBD TBS
GAME 3 - NYY @ DET - OCT 3 TBD TBS
GAME 4* - NYY @ DET - OCT 4 TBD TBS
GAME 5* - DET @ NYY - OCT 6 TBD TBS

* If Necessary

----------------------------------------------------------------------

wpid-Tampa-Bay-Rays-vs-Texas-Rangers1.jpg

AMERICAN LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES
TAMPA BAY RAYS VS TEXAS RANGERS

SERIES TIED 1-1

GAME 1 - TB 9 @ TEX 0 - SEPT 30
GAME 2 - TB 6 @ TEX 8 - OCT 1

GAME 3 - TEX @ TB - OCT 3 TBD TBS
GAME 4 - TEX @ TB - OCT 4 TBD TBS
GAME 5* - TB @ TEX - OCT 6 TBD TBS

* If Necessary

wpid-St-Louis-Cardinals-vs-Philadelphia-Phillies.jpg

NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES
ST LOUIS CARDINALS VS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES LEAD SERIES 1-0

GAME 1 - STL 6 @ PHI 11 - OCT 1
GAME 2 - STL @ PHI - OCT 2 TBD TBS
GAME 3 - PHI @ STL - OCT 4 TBD TBS
GAME 4* - PHI @ STL - OCT 5 TBD TBS
GAME 5* - STL @ PHI - OCT 7 TBD TBS

* If Necessary

wpid-Milwaukee-Brewers-vs-Arizona-Diamondbacks2.jpg

NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS VS MILWAUKEE BREWERS

MILWAUKEE BREWERS LEAD SERIES 1-0

GAME 1 - ARI 1 @ MIL 4 - OCT 1
GAME 2 - ARI @ MIL - OCT 2 TBD TBS
GAME 3 - MIL @ ARI - OCT 4 TBD TBS
GAME 4* - MIL @ ARI - OCT 5 TBD TBS
GAME 5* - ARI @ MIL - OCT 7 TBD TBS

* If Necessary

Last edited by a moderator:

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DNR_Rogo DesigNate Robertson
When exactly was the decision made to let the YES Network take over TBS anyway?

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DNR_Rogo DesigNate Robertson
When exactly was the decision made to let the YES Network take over TBS anyway?

Because it's the Yankees they can do whatever they want. We get their games in our market because apparently we are all Yankees fans.

It sucks because we were the farm team for the Indians and the rights to broadcast here was the Yankees.

You have no Idea how much I hate this fucking team. Big city, Big money, has ESPN in their pocket, not too mention they have the money to buy themselves into the playoffs every stinking year.

I love it anytime those bastards lose. They are the perfect reason MLB needs a damn good hard salary cap.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's the Yankees they can do whatever they want. We get their games in our market because apparently we are all Yankees fans.

It sucks because we were the farm team for the Indians and the rights to broadcast here was the Yankees.

You have no Idea how much I hate this fucking team. Big city, Big money, has ESPN in their pocket, not too mention they have the money to buy themselves into the playoffs every stinking year.

I love it anytime those bastards lose. They are the perfect reason MLB needs a damn good hard salary cap.

Tigers lost the first game in the ALDS against the Yankees in 2006, and they weren't nowhere near as good and talented as the 2011 Tigers. They wound up winning the next 7 games to make it to the WS. It just took them awhile to get going, but at the end of the game they finally got some hits.

I haven't given up yet, and I won't until someone loses that third game.

GO TIGERS!!!

FUCK NY!!!

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lost the first game in the ALDS against the Yankees in 2006, and they weren't nowhere near as good and talented as the 2011 Tigers. They wound up winning the next 7 games to make it to the WS. It just took them awhile to get going, but at the end of the game they finally got some hits.

I haven't given up yet, and I won't until someone loses that third game.

GO TIGERS!!!

FUCK NY!!!

Go Tigers!!

I'm with you 100% !!

Fuck the Yankees!!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll LOL again at the Phillies if they do anything other than win a WS. What's worse than buying a WS is buying one and not getting it.

ahahaha!! Being a Bravo's fan you outta know.

I LOL at every jealous Braves fan who feels that they have some right to every single championship because they're the mighty Atlanta Braves. I mean...how dare any other team but the walk on water Atlanta Braves win anything, right??!!

Face it....their incredible run of winning/buying everything but the WS is over. Move on man. :becky:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, Halladay always dials in after the first 2 innings. If you don;t score runs on him then, then good luck.

After keeping it at 3 after 2 innings I knew we'd come back eventually. Didn't think it would all be at once.

All of this ^^^

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I LOL at every jealous Braves fan who feels that they have some right to every single championship because they're the mighty Atlanta Braves. I mean...how dare any other team but the walk on water Atlanta Braves win anything, right??!!

Face it....their incredible run of winning/buying everything but the WS is over. Move on man. :becky:

Can you tell me who exactly the Phillies "bought"? Cliff Lee is the only argument you can make, and even with him he TURNED DOWN more money to play here.

Lets See, Roy Halladay. We traded A+++ talent to get him. Hunter Pence, traded A+ talent to get him. Chase, Jimmy, Howard, Victorino, Hamels, Madson. All came up through the minor leagues and developed.

Just because our GM spends smart unlike teams like the Yankees and Red Sox, doesn't mean we are buying wins. Yea our payroll is high, because we are now paying the players we developed ourselves and traded the players we developed ourselves.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you tell me who exactly the Phillies "bought"? Cliff Lee is the only argument you can make, and even with him he TURNED DOWN more money to play here.

Lets See, Roy Halladay. We traded A+++ talent to get him. Hunter Pence, traded A+ talent to get him. Chase, Jimmy, Howard, Victorino, Hamels, Madson. All came up through the minor leagues and developed.

Just because our GM spends smart unlike teams like the Yankees and Red Sox, doesn't mean we are buying wins. Yea our payroll is high, because we are now paying the players we developed ourselves and traded the players we developed ourselves.

lol Now...now....now 48. Let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buying? Really? Yes, they had a higher payroll, but I'm pretty damn sure their salary per player wasn't 2-3 million over the league average. That is buying wins, while the other is spending money to win, there is a difference.

I'm sure some fans are like that, and I can't comment for the most part since I don't personally know many Braves fans, but I damn sure hope I'm not that smug.

I never considered what they did in the 90s as buying wins, but you know what, that might be because their my team and I failed to see it.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Buying? Really? Yes, they had a higher payroll, but I'm pretty damn sure their salary per player wasn't 2-3 million over the league average. That is buying wins, while the other is spending money to win, there is a difference.

I'm sure some fans are like that, and I can't comment for the most part since I don't personally know many Braves fans, but I damn sure hope I'm not that smug.

I never considered what they did in the 90s as buying wins, but you know what, that might be because their my team and I failed to see it.

While I was very young and don't recall all of the 90's, I never really considered the braves a team that bought wins.

But I don't get how you can make that argument for the current Phillies either. The Braves were successful because they were willing to spend money when they needed to and the Phillies owners were not. Like I said, thats not buying championships, it is smart spending.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon Ritari...

You got in your daily quota of anti-Philles comments. I rebutted. Game over.

To keep going on and on is completely useless. Fair enough?