• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Osprey: our boy Lemonier killed it

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Great call so far. Lemonier had a sack around the LT for a safety & a forced fumble to seal the game. And he's not even starting right now; Dan Skuta is getting the majority of the snaps in Aldon Smith's absence because the rook doesn't have all the nuances down yet.

On a related note, Eric Reid is looking like the DROY. The dude had a monster game. A pick & 53-yard return, zero mistakes & he's been hittin' like Ike Turner after a fifth of scotch.

Not here to gloat of course after the beat down Seattle gave the Niners; Osprey & I just had some preseason talk about these 2 guys on the 49ers' board.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great call so far. Lemonier had a sack around the LT for a safety & a forced fumble to seal the game. And he's not even starting right now; Dan Skuta is getting the majority of the snaps in Aldon Smith's absence because the rook doesn't have all the nuances down yet.

On a related note, Eric Reid is looking like the DROY. The dude had a monster game. A pick & 53-yard return, zero mistakes & he's been hittin' like Ike Turner after a fifth of scotch.

Not here to gloat of course after the beat down Seattle gave the Niners; Osprey & I just had some preseason talk about these 2 guys on the 49ers' board.

Reid had a missed tackle on Ellington late in the game. Other than that, great game for Reid.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Reid had a missed tackle on Ellington late in the game. Other than that, great game for Reid.

That must've been in the last drive or 2 because I quit watching after the game was clearly over.

He had a few missed tackles this season early on (one was when Jordy Nelson pushed off before the ball got there & they didn't call it), and he missed a game with a concussion. But he's hitting on all cylinders right now.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1693348-in_before_the_lock.jpg

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, great job. I do enjoy the Seahawk Drafts, but this year, THIS YEAR, we may have made a few mistakes. Lemon looks great, awesome drafting him. Harper, Hill, Williams, well one is out already, Hill and Williams don't show much promise either. Tank, and Patton, we could have drafted too, but Missed.

Willson, now he may be ok, would it be terrible if Willson actually turned out better than McDonald?

1st rounder spent on Harvin, we have to wait on this one, hit or miss, IDK!
2nd Rounder, I do believe he will replace Lynch when the time is right, him and Turbin.
Rest of the draft, unclear.

Yet, SF draft still has plenty of hope, Tank, Lemon, Lattimore, McDonald, Reid, etc. Lots of potential there.

As of right now, OCT 2013, I think SF CLEARLY killed us in the draft. Harvin (although not a Draft Choice) will determine the success of this 2013 Draft.:clap:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, great job. I do enjoy the Seahawk Drafts, but this year, THIS YEAR, we may have made a few mistakes. Lemon looks great, awesome drafting him. Harper, Hill, Williams, well one is out already, Hill and Williams don't show much promise either. Tank, and Patton, we could have drafted too, but Missed.

Willson, now he may be ok, would it be terrible if Willson actually turned out better than McDonald?

1st rounder spent on Harvin, we have to wait on this one, hit or miss, IDK!
2nd Rounder, I do believe he will replace Lynch when the time is right, him and Turbin.
Rest of the draft, unclear.

Yet, SF draft still has plenty of hope, Tank, Lemon, Lattimore, McDonald, Reid, etc. Lots of potential there.

As of right now, OCT 2013, I think SF CLEARLY killed us in the draft. Harvin (although not a Draft Choice) will determine the success of this 2013 Draft.:clap:
Yet our last 2 drafts are clearly better than SF. Wilson, Wagner, Irvin, Wright, Sherman, Maxwell, Malcolm Smith, Turbin, Jeremy Lane.... all of these guys are at the very least making plays, and most of them are outstanding already for a top 5 team in the league.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet our last 2 drafts are clearly better than SF. Wilson, Wagner, Irvin, Wright, Sherman, Maxwell, Malcolm Smith, Turbin, Jeremy Lane.... all of these guys are at the very least making plays, and most of them are outstanding already for a top 5 team in the league.
so if you are talking about the last 2 drafts why did you include Sherman, Maxwell and wright when they were 3 drafts ago????

since we are going back 3 drafts lets take a look at the 49ers on this list that contribute

aldon smith, kendall hunter, bruce miller, chris culliver, Collin kaepernick, eric reid, vance McDonald, and cory lemonier. 49ers also have 3 players who haven't played yet who have the potential to be huge impact players in marcus lattimore, tank carraidine, and Quinton dial.

Sherman Irvin and Wilson are the only 3 that completely stand out as great picks the 49ers that stand out aldon, kaepernick, kendall hunter and bruce miller.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
so if you are talking about the last 2 drafts why did you include Sherman, Maxwell and wright when they were 3 drafts ago????

since we are going back 3 drafts lets take a look at the 49ers on this list that contribute

aldon smith, kendall hunter, bruce miller, chris culliver, Collin kaepernick, eric reid, vance McDonald, and cory lemonier. 49ers also have 3 players who haven't played yet who have the potential to be huge impact players in marcus lattimore, tank carraidine, and Quinton dial.

Sherman Irvin and Wilson are the only 3 that completely stand out as great picks the 49ers that stand out aldon, kaepernick, kendall hunter and bruce miller.

Earl Thomas was a great pick, too. Okung was a very good pick. I won't call him a great pick until he can avoid the injury bug a little more, though.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First - :laugh3:

Second, if you're counting Kap, Hunter and Miller as stand outs why on God's green earth did you leave KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner out of the Seahawks list of stand outs. I mean, I know you're a 9ers fan, but you've thrown your back-up RB and FB as stand outs while leaving out the Seahawks 2 starting LBs.

I know that our linebackers don't get respect, but these two have been really good. Especially Wagner. He leads our defense and was 3rd in the NFC West in tackles last year (Bowman & Laurinaitis) while finishing 2nd in ROY voting (Kuechly).

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thx, NS. You read what I said about Lem back in early July. I watched 3 full video games of Lem against Florida, Bama and Georgia as a soph. I loved him because he makes game changing plays and would've been the perfect Hawk LEO, perfect. I guess I was a blind squirrel and found a nut. It didn't surprise me one iota of the game changing play(s) he made yesterday. The fumble cost Zona the cover.

I had Lem going late in round 2 and was yelliing for him in round 3 but we took Hill. I can understand because we had just signed Avril and with Clemons coming back and the addition of Bennett, Lemonier was going to be a bench warmer and we already took a future stud in Michael in round 2. The worst part is that I thought we could've had Hill in round 4, Lem in rd 3 and wouldn't have wasted a selection on that WR from KSU that I had never heard of. Oh well, PC/JS are quality when drafting.

What I don't like is that Clem is getting up there and we only have Avril for another season and Bennett is a free agent. We're going to have to find a young LEO soon and Lem looked to be that guy.

Oh well, our loss is your gain and anything Lemonier does won't surprise me. Wait until he turns 23, the dude will be tearing it up.

I said Reid was a heat seeking missile in that thread on your board and thought he'd be a dynamite SS.
What has surprised me is how good he's look as a free safety and his awareness has been real nice
for you guys. I will admit I was inaccurate in my assessment of him as a FS. But, hey, all I could go
by was the 3 games I saw him at LSU when he was slow to react to coverage.

You don't have to explain yourself, NS. We need to talk more ball and I won't have many college player opinions until after the season when I can get some time to analyze the talent. If anyone gets sensitive about you bringing conversation about SF player development, then F 'em. You have some young talent,
we talked about it and it's coming to fruition. I'd be excited, too.

I plan on doing the same when Christine Michael learns the blocking scheme because we're missing explosive talent and Mike is that guy. He should at least be a 3rd down back receiving screens like a Darren Sproles. He can take a potential 5 yd screen and bust it for 50 and a TD. I can't wait for that.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon jar. We're trying to have some non-homer conversation here. If you include Kendall, then you'll have to include the Hawks' Turbin. Both have similar yds from scrimmage. If you include Vance, then you'll have to include his Rice buddy, LWillson, who has more catches and yds than Vance. Vance may block, but still....

I wouldn't include Chris Culliver, who is injured, just for the fact that he's o.k. and a 3rd rd disappointment. The caveat is that Baalke and Harbaugh took Culliver over Sherman, who dropped into the Hawks' lap. How Harbaugh didn't see Sherman's athleticism is beyond me. I wanted Sherman in
the 4th after seeing him against USC and Sherman stood out in the SR bowl game. Could you imagine how good your D would be if you'd have taken Richard instead of Culliver?

Before you post your statements, it would be nice if you actually knew your enemy besides what is mentioned on Sportscenter.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
osprey and blstoker that was kind of my point in what I posted, I left your guys off to show the poster he didn't know what he was talking about, one with the fact he said last 2 drafts and then included players from the last 3 drafts and two he didn't list any of the 49ers draft picks to show how they were better. both of our teams have been killing it on draft day and finding very nice players each year. I love to hate you guys because that means we are both relevant and both have great chances of going all the way. long gone are the days that the NFCwest is the doormat of the league. Right now we have two GREAT teams and two very good teams in the division.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
osprey and blstoker that was kind of my point in what I posted, I left your guys off to show the poster he didn't know what he was talking about, one with the fact he said last 2 drafts and then included players from the last 3 drafts and two he didn't list any of the 49ers draft picks to show how they were better. both of our teams have been killing it on draft day and finding very nice players each year. I love to hate you guys because that means we are both relevant and both have great chances of going all the way. long gone are the days that the NFCwest is the doormat of the league. Right now we have two GREAT teams and two very good teams in the division.
Posted at 3:27 AM. Forgive me for missing the 3 button after 2 bottles of 11% beer.

My point still remains that we've absolutely killed our drafts lately and have no reason to be envious of anyone else's.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So a guy who may never play football again, a shaken QB, and 3 players who haven't played yet support your point how? :laugh3:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has had some great drafts lately, so has San Francisco, there. But I think it's been really important for the 49ers to have a good draft this year, we had older players that left or are close to being done, so drafting macdonald, Reid, carradine and lattimore wil be huge if they pay off. Also it looks like we'll have kc 2nd rd pick this year and 3 3rd round picks, which will allow us to stay young good and cheap if used right.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you get that Aldon will never play football again??? and if Kap is a shaken QB what is Russell since they both have virtually identical stats on the season???

2013 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

check out numbers 22 and 23!!!

I don't see identical stats. Since Week 2:

Kaep - 63-122 51.6% 809 5-5 69.3 24-150 6.3 0
RWil - 72-125 57.6% 934 7-4 88.5 45-287 6.4 0

Oh yeah, and Wilson has been doing it with only 1 starting lineman playing in his position for most of the time.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see identical stats. Since Week 2:

Kaep - 63-122 51.6% 809 5-5 69.3 24-150 6.3 0
RWil - 72-125 57.6% 934 7-4 88.5 45-287 6.4 0

Oh yeah, and Wilson has been doing it with only 1 starting lineman playing in his position for most of the time.
Oh so we are just picking and choosing which games we want to use and which games we don't want to use, of course you would take out kaps best game this year and one of wilsons worst games this year. SMH

how about we just go of the last game,
Kap 16 of 29 for 252 yards and 2 tds
rus 23 of 31 for 257 yards and 0 tds

wow rus completed 7 more passes for 7 whole yards more and 2 less touchdowns than kap. man russel is just tearing it up compared to kaepernick. ohhh and since you want to cry about russel having 1 starting lineman do I get to throw out there that kaepernick is throwing the ball to one starting wr in boldin and we are missing our #1 and #3 wrs so far this year while russel still has the same top 3 wr he had last year in rice, Baldwin and tate???

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so we are just picking and choosing which games we want to use and which games we don't want to use, of course you would take out kaps best game this year and one of wilsons worst games this year. SMH

how about we just go of the last game,
Kap 16 of 29 for 252 yards and 2 tds
rus 23 of 31 for 257 yards and 0 tds

wow rus completed 7 more passes for 7 whole yards more and 2 less touchdowns than kap. man russel is just tearing it up compared to kaepernick. ohhh and since you want to cry about russel having 1 starting lineman do I get to throw out there that kaepernick is throwing the ball to one starting wr in boldin and we are missing our #1 and #3 wrs so far this year while russel still has the same top 3 wr he had last year in rice, Baldwin and tate???

Harvin wasn't on the team last year, but was expected to be a starter here this year,and not just a starter, but the best play maker of all our receivers. So that right there equals your one starting WR you lost. In addition to that 3 of 5 OL out plus our starting TE. You want to claim losing a non starter equals that?

Lets just be real here. Go to the 49er board and read what 49ers fans are saying about Kaep. Then cruise thru Seahawks comments about Russell Wilson. Then tell me which one is having the better year, based on what the fans of each team has to say about their starting QB.

The truth is Russell Wilson is carrying this offense and Kaep hasn't done the same for the 49ers, in fact in some games he's done the reverse.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, pointing to the reason why even 9er's fans have been thinking Kaep has regressed. In truth, I think Wilson has regressed from last year (in some ways) but that has just made him a very solid QB and great leader, where Kaep has been well below average as a QB and has had a difficult time showing that he's maturing. Let's also remember that the Hawks were facing a top 10 pass defense while the 9ers were facing a bottom half one.

Not only that, but Wilson ran for 63 more yards, was sacked for 10 less yards lost, had only 2 more attempts passing and fewer turnovers.

Also, thanks for pointing out our mediocre receiving corps. If our WRs were that great, they wouldn't have traded their 1st round pick for Harvin. Not to mention that both our TEs from last year were out a lot (McCoy on IR). So in short, Vernon Davis is by far a better target than Wilson has thrown to all season, though in truth I'd take the Seahawks top 3 WRs over Boldin.

One more thing, Wilson threw 25-33 320 1-0 in week 1, so how the hell do you come up with that I took off one of Wilson's worst. I guess if your saying it's one of his worst 6 games this year.....:scratch: