• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: O's head to Pittsburgh- GM 1- Gonzalez vs Liriano

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After getting an ass whooping by the Motown Kitties and splitting 4 games with KC, would a sweep of this series be too much to ask?

Here's hoping. A quick two game stretch with a pair of double-yas would be real nice.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha that's funny, its like us with 83 but even we're not that bad. Im just happy i get to see a game which is usually one every 2-3 weeks unless they play NY. I turned the sound off.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^I've definitely been there. Before I got mlb.tv, I had to rely on the local YES network, when the O's played the Yanks.. and the super rare occasion ESPN showed them. (Which wasn't very often, when the O's were absolutely terrible)

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought the extra innings the past few years but figured id wait until after the AS break when the price drops. Its tough to miss 100 games though.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought the extra innings the past few years but figured id wait until after the AS break when the price drops. Its tough to miss 100 games thoufh.

Not a bad idea. I picked up mlb a couple of years ago late in the season and it was only something ridiculous like $10. The $120 or so I pay for a full season is definitely worth it for me. Very very nice not to have to rely on ESPN commentary and such.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our ol' pal Jason Hammel is keeping the Cubs ahead of the Yanks 1-0.. pitching against Tanaka. Good deal.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, i figured i try and make it till July but im finding its not easy. MLB network shows them once every two weeks and have cut ins on the studio show so that helps for now. At night i get BAL in so sometimes ill go for a drive and listen.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, i figured i try and make it till July but im finding its not easy. MLB network shows them once every two weeks and have cut ins on the studio show so that helps for now. At night i get BAL in so sometimes ill go for a drive and listen.

When I was younger and Jon Miller was the O's commentator on the radio I'd actually turn down the tv volume and put the radio on.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew, i didnt like where that was going.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was younger and Jon Miller was the O's commentator on the radio I'd actually turn down the tv volume and put the radio on.

I actually remember as a kid listening to Chuck Thompson before they went to Miller. The only time i could watch was against the Yankees or monday night baseball on ABC which was only like 3 times a year.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter in.... did I miss something?

Do we have a different closer now?

I think Buck is going to start trying Britton as the closer for the time being since Hunter wasn't getting the job done.

Edit: So much for that. Looks like Britton is in the game now. I think Buck might just be trying a closer by committee approach.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually remember as a kid listening to Chuck Thompson before they went to Miller. The only time i could watch was against the Yankees or monday night baseball on ABC which was only like 3 times a year.

Joe Angel has a similar voice to Miller -- but more animated. I like him. His biggest claim to fame is that he was the quarterback on O.J. Simpson's high school team.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad idea. I picked up mlb a couple of years ago late in the season and it was only something ridiculous like $10. The $120 or so I pay for a full season is definitely worth it for me. Very very nice not to have to rely on ESPN commentary and such.

I did the exact same thing back in 2012. While MLB.tv is still a lot cheaper than the Extra Innings package, I still find it a bit high. Wish they had something cheaper where you can choose one team to watch all season and get it at a much lower price. So I've been streaming games when I get chances to.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did the exact same thing back in 2012. While MLB.tv is still a lot cheaper than the Extra Innings package, I still find it a bit high. Wish they had something cheaper where you can choose one team to watch all season and get it at a much lower price. So I've been streaming games when I get chances to.

That would be a nice option to have, for sure. It's *nice* to have the option to watch other teams.. but I rarely do.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was a lot of fun to listen to as well.