• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Orson Charles

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do we need him on the team? Can he split out wide and kind of play in a hybrid TE/WR mode? That would give us 3 athletic TE/WRs.

Could he fill the role of the additional receiving threat we are looking for?
Or would you prefer a Michael Floyd, Alshon Jeffery, Sanu, etc.?

Where do you think Charles will go, top of the 2nd or bottom of the 2nd round?

If he blows it up at the combine would you use our 1st on him?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After all the Alshon Jeffrey discussion, I took a peak at Orson Charles yesterday for a rough comparison.

For me I don't know if Orson would be much of an upgrade over DW to justify a first RD pick. He's a receiving TE threat for sure, but not the mold that our offense could get the most out of.

Especially when we can use some picks on the various tall receivers in this class ahead of him - who have a better chance at getting more playing time. Prefer a taller TE receiving threat to move the chains right now to compliment VD instead of a bowling ball type TE with speed.

I was clowning on Jeffrey, but I do like him more than this guy (bottom 2nd round). Would go Sanu over him. Definitely Michael Floyd - not even a question. I'd only like this guy if he fell to the third round, and in this weak draft and teams clamoring for TE's - not sure if that can happen.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orson Charles - TE - Player Georgia TE Orson Charles is now the top-rated tight end in the 2012 draft, per NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock's updated rankings.
Mayock ranks Charles No. 1, Stanford's Coby Fleener No. 2, and Clemson's Dwayne Allen No. 3. Rounding out the top five are LSU's DeAngelo Peterson and Ladarius Green of Louisiana-Lafayette. Described as a "Joker" tight end by Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris, Charles probably won't be much of a blocking asset in the pros, but he can stretch the seam and may crack 4.4s in Indy.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Orson Charles - TE - Player Georgia TE Orson Charles is now the top-rated tight end in the 2012 draft, per NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock's updated rankings.
Mayock ranks Charles No. 1, Stanford's Coby Fleener No. 2, and Clemson's Dwayne Allen No. 3. Rounding out the top five are LSU's DeAngelo Peterson and Ladarius Green of Louisiana-Lafayette. Described as a "Joker" tight end by Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris, Charles probably won't be much of a blocking asset in the pros, but he can stretch the seam and may crack 4.4s in Indy.

I read one scout say he was actually more impressed with his blocking and less impressed with his hands. So if he runs in the 4.4's maybe he's like a poor man's Vernon Davis coming out of college.