• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon is going to whip Michigan State

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oregon's in for an early loss here.

The MSU defense will be good, it's been their strength since Dantonio took over. Very disruptive and agressive style. While they lost some big talent in the secondary, the defense looks to still be made up of mostly juniors and seniors.

The offense really started clicking when Cook became the QB. Langford is a very tough RB who's big enough to steamroll through Oregon's front 7 easily.

I too believe Oregon is in for a tough battle or big surprise. Michigan State is a tough, mean, take no shit kind of team. They won't be intimidated by Oregon what so ever. Its like the Spartans have become what Michigan once was; the blue collar bad asses.

Oregon will have to find some real toughness and be willing to play some smash mouth football for 4 quarters. Not sure they can do that after seeing their past results from playing physically tough teams. This should be one of the better games all season.

Can't wait...

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking something like 33-21 Oregon. Not a colossal beatdown, but a convincing win for the Ducks.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too believe Oregon is in for a tough battle or big surprise. Michigan State is a tough, mean, take no shit kind of team. They won't be intimidated by Oregon what so ever. Its like the Spartans have become what Michigan once was; the blue collar bad asses.

Oregon will have to find some real toughness and be willing to play some smash mouth football for 4 quarters. Not sure they can do that after seeing their past results from playing physically tough teams. This should be one of the better games all season.

Can't wait...

Yes.. Oregon has huge issues vs smash mouth teams. 2-2 vs Stanford.
2010: 1 loss to Auburn. A spread team with a defense outside of the top 50.. but a power running attack
2011: LSU and USC (finished #6). LSU fits it, but so does Stanford. Cardinals lost 53-30
2012: Lose to Stanford and walks KSU
2013: Lose to Stanford. Zona beats them 42-16.

I dont see power teams just beating Oregon. I see 2 losses to NC caliber teams in Auburn and LSU. .500 vs 4 top 10 Stanford teams. Took it to the ground and pound of KSU, finished #11. USC and Zona do not really fit the power meme. I would understand the talk if this came up more often, but seems to me Oregon could not beat NC caliber talent and was .500 vs top 10 power teams. Seems to me that when Oregon loses it is generally to a top 10 team. Power part is jsut some bobble head BS people heard on TV

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.. Oregon has huge issues vs smash mouth teams. 2-2 vs Stanford.
2010: 1 loss to Auburn. A spread team with a defense outside of the top 50.. but a power running attack
2011: LSU and USC (finished #6). LSU fits it, but so does Stanford. Cardinals lost 53-30
2012: Lose to Stanford and walks KSU
2013: Lose to Stanford. Zona beats them 42-16.

I dont see power teams just beating Oregon. I see 2 losses to NC caliber teams in Auburn and LSU. .500 vs 4 top 10 Stanford teams. Took it to the ground and pound of KSU, finished #11. USC and Zona do not really fit the power meme. I would understand the talk if this came up more often, but seems to me Oregon could not beat NC caliber talent and was .500 vs top 10 power teams. Seems to me that when Oregon loses it is generally to a top 10 team. Power part is jsut some bobble head BS people heard on TV

Power part is due to how they lose to Stanford, mainly because it limits the amount of snaps Oregon is able to get off by eating up the clock.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power part is due to how they lose to Stanford, mainly because it limits the amount of snaps Oregon is able to get off by eating up the clock.
-
that is interesting pt. You also need to stop them for that to matter. But Oregon has averaged 35 pts vs Stanford the last 4 games. Not to mention Mariota was injured in the last game. Like the Bama spread talk, Oregon has issues vs elite units. Little evidence that it is a flaw vs a system. If you told me Oregon struggled consistently vs mediocre power teams than I would say there is some reality to this.The only non-top 10 loss they have is to a HUNH spread team coached by RichRod. Pting out losses to top 5 teams hardly confirms a flaw in their system. I do think they are light in the ass on the DL and that shows up from time to time, but you need to be an elite team to take advantage of that issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon needs more physicality in the trenches to win a national championship. 2010 was a fluke. The last 3 teams, even with lesser records, were better than the 2010 team.

That being said, Oregon puts a lot of emphasis on stopping the pass, which is why their secondary has been so good under Allioti. They need to put more emphasis on their run defense. That is their weakness.

Alabama's weakness is against teams with either great running game and/or a VERY good, athletic QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon needs more physicality in the trenches to win a national championship. 2010 was a fluke. The last 3 teams, even with lesser records, were better than the 2010 team.

That being said, Oregon puts a lot of emphasis on stopping the pass, which is why their secondary has been so good under Allioti. They need to put more emphasis on their run defense. That is their weakness.

Alabama's weakness is against teams with either great running game and/or a VERY good, athletic QB.

Ya the new guy Pellum is putting (no pun intended) a heavy focus on players in the trenches weight and strength.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the new guy Pellum is putting (no pun intended) a heavy focus on players in the trenches weight and strength.

And when I say weakness, I don't mean they suck at stopping the run. Their just not as strong in that department. Kinda like Alabama has had a weakness recently in pass rushing. Its not that they suck at it, just that Saban doesn't emphasize it enough. But he is doing that this year, so we oughtta be locked and loaded come our rendevous with the 'Neers in Atlanta.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when I say weakness, I don't mean they suck at stopping the run. Their just not as strong in that department. Kinda like Alabama has had a weakness recently in pass rushing. Its not that they suck at it, just that Saban doesn't emphasize it enough. But he is doing that this year, so we oughtta be locked and loaded come our rendevous with the 'Neers in Atlanta.
-
I think the spread issue for Bama are more a result of LB recruiting. Those big thumpers are getting out-dated. Bama will be moving toward the hybrid SS/LB model. Those 200-220 pound athletes are pretty easy to find, especial for a school like Bama. Its harder for Oregon to fix. One of the toughest position to recruit is DL. Big athletic guys are snapped up by the elite recruiting school pretty fast and the state of Oregon does not produce many of them. One reason I think you saw Alioti run a lot of 46 defense. Try to out-man the offense, because they arent going to out Jimmy and Joe them.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking something like 33-21 Oregon. Not a colossal beatdown, but a convincing win for the Ducks.

The offense is gonna pick up a bit of the slack. They still have a couple all conference type players and maybe even an all-american in Shilique Calhoun (DE).

I don't expect a DRASTIC drop off from last years D. They return 5 starters and Narduzzi will keep that machine running smoothly.

I like your score prediction.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU is built like Stanford is. Smash mouth O and D lines. Power running game that slowly, but with tons of brute force, methodically moves down the field and scores. Teams built like this are the Ducks kryptonite. The Ducks D is designed to limit the big plays and defend the pass. Their run defense is looking worse than last year. Their run D cost them the Stanford and Zona games. They lost 3 seniors on the D line, and their base D package is a 3-4 look.

Ducks WR corps are filled with fresh and sophs. Defending the pass doesn't have to be a top priority. MSU needs to concentrate on speeding up their defense to deal with the Ducks no-huddle approaches, defending the run, and harass Mariota all game long.

MSU simply needs to stick to their strengths and they can pull off what Stanford did last year.

josh-huff-crying-with-plenty-of-time-left.gif

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so obsessed with another team beating Oregon? Oh right because yours can't.

And I have another proposition for you. Since you are too big of a coward to accept the other avi bet.

You talk of how Oregon has no WRs. Ok then. How bout an avi bet. Oregon has more passing yards than UDuh does for the season.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm disgusted at was the almost complete lack of involvement by ASJ, Williams, and the rest of the WR corps. There was no rain today. It's not like the Zona game were the weather cancelled out the pass attack. We threw the ball well against Furd. All I saw for the most part was Sankey and Price runs. We were at home for godsakes. Where the hell was the passing?

We played way to conservative on offense. Which backfired and kept our D out on the field way too much.

Translation "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, they did it again, why can't they ever use lube on us? They pushed our poop in.... And our first loss in our brand new stadium. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa."

:laugh3:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU is built like Stanford is. Smash mouth O and D lines. Power running game that slowly, but with tons of brute force, methodically moves down the field and scores. Teams built like this are the Ducks kryptonite. The Ducks D is designed to limit the big plays and defend the pass. Their run defense is looking worse than last year. Their run D cost them the Stanford and Zona games. They lost 3 seniors on the D line, and their base D package is a 3-4 look.

Ducks WR corps are filled with fresh and sophs. Defending the pass doesn't have to be a top priority. MSU needs to concentrate on speeding up their defense to deal with the Ducks no-huddle approaches, defending the run, and harass Mariota all game long.

MSU simply needs to stick to their strengths and they can pull off what Stanford did last year.

josh-huff-crying-with-plenty-of-time-left.gif

False.
rushing Stanford 22nd MSU 58th
passing is more of a push 92 and 82
Scoring Stanford 45 MSU 64th

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so obsessed with another team beating Oregon? Oh right because yours can't.

And I have another proposition for you. Since you are too big of a coward to accept the other avi bet.

You talk of how Oregon has no WRs. Ok then. How bout an avi bet. Oregon has more passing yards than UDuh does for the season.

What other avi bet are you speaking of???

And seriously? Do you think I'm WallUSC? We don't even know who will be the UW QB for 2014 as Price is gone and we have an entirely new coaching staff. I wouldn't make that bet against anyone in the PAC right now who has QBs what have already been starting 1 to 2 years. Comeon man... The subject involves Ducks and Sparta in this thread. Stay on subject and stop being butthurt that 3rd parties are offering insight into this matchup that doesn't involve slob knobing on Nike U. Ducks could win this game. It's @ Nike U. I know the drill with that. Just saying MSU stands a more than respectable chance of getting the W given the strengths of their team. They turn the ball over and blow it on the run coverage, their beyond screwed. No doubt.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay on topic?. Then stop posting troll pics cock smuggler.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Run defense is changing up with Pellum at the D Coordinator spot. they lost 2 senior starters and a back rotation player.
if you ignore the young WR, they and Mariota will torch you. you act like just because they are young they dont know how to play the game. Didn't Mariota come in as a redshirt Freshman and start? how about Jonathan Stewart? LaMichael James had a pretty good Sophmore year. Jaison Williams second year was pretty big too.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just so I have this straight, you know UW has 13 games this year so you are offering him an avi bet for season total passing yards despite playing one less game? Again, just making sure I'm on the same page.
Stay on topic?. Then stop posting troll pics cock smuggler.
I haven't seen him say anything worse than you or many of the other duck fans have said about UW up here and yet you go there? Very disappointing. This isn't supposed to be taken so serious that you pop veins out of your neck man. I expect more from you than this low level name calling garbage. :tsk: