• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Orange Bowl: Ohio State vs. Clemson

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When push comes to shove, Braxton Miller is not a championship QB when it comes to passing. The Buckeyes might have had a better chance if Kenny Guiton had been in at QB on the final drive. Still, the better team won the game. That's all I can say.

Pretty mediocre on both sides really. I think you either have it or you don't.. and I don't see either of these QBs playing on Sunday. Boyd was able to exploit a pretty bad OSU defense, but all that and clemson still loses if Brown just fair catches the ball. Both teams are probably top 25, but not top 10 for sure.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initials are TA. Not gonna give anymore. :lol:

cartman-authoritah.jpg

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty mediocre on both sides really. I think you either have it or you don't.. and I don't see either of these QBs playing on Sunday. Boyd was able to exploit a pretty bad OSU defense, but all that and clemson still loses if Brown just fair catches the ball. Both teams are probably top 25, but not top 10 for sure.

you may not be, but we are. :dhd:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you may not be, but we are. :dhd:

That's fine. It was a good win, but neither team is impressive or outstanding. Neither one of us really beat a ranked team and I'm not even sure how good OSU is w/our D as bad as it is.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. It was a good win, but neither team is impressive or outstanding. Neither one of us really beat a ranked team and I'm not even sure how good OSU is w/our D as bad as it is.

Oh so now neither team is good?

Pretty hilariously predictable.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are welcome all college football fans. Michigan State kept a team that is neither impressive nor outstanding out of the national title game.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya, but UGA was healthy and gamey at the beginning of the year. Other than them, no we didn't beat anyone with a pulse until last night.

As far as our D is concerned, we're not that great either. There is a lot of potential for next year though. We'll lose a couple guys off the D line like Jarret and Beasley, but we have better talent behind them, or at least the guys coming up have more potential.

On Offense, we lose Tajh and Sammy, but we a very capable QB for next year in Cole Stoudt and our WR corp will lose some strength with the loss of Sammy but we have some solid guys coming back like #1 Martavis Bryant, Charone Peake ( who was out all season with an ACL or MCL tear), Hopper, and others.

Ending the season with only 2 losses is a great accomplishment. I don't care who you are. Just ask the Michigans, So. Cals, and Tennessee's out there. So I'm not going to dog my team too bad. It was a great year. I'm looking forward to another great season next year.

:suds:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are welcome all college football fans. Michigan State kept a team that is neither impressive nor outstanding out of the national title game.

FSU beat Clemson 51-14.. can you imagine what that game would have looked like between them and us? Same as last year... had we been able to go to a bowl game, we would have likely faced bama and got killed.

Our offense isn't the problem. It's that our D is just SOOO bad!

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, but UGA was healthy and gamey at the beginning of the year. Other than them, no we didn't beat anyone with a pulse until last night.

As far as our D is concerned, we're not that great either. There is a lot of potential for next year though. We'll lose a couple guys off the D line like Jarret and Beasley, but we have better talent behind them, or at least the guys coming up have more potential.

On Offense, we lose Tajh and Sammy, but we a very capable QB for next year in Cole Stoudt and our WR corp will lose some strength with the loss of Sammy but we have some solid guys coming back like #1 Martavis Bryant, Charone Peake ( who was out all season with an ACL or MCL tear), Hopper, and others.

Ending the season with only 2 losses is a great accomplishment. I don't care who you are. Just ask the Michigans, So. Cals, and Tennessee's out there. So I'm not going to dog my team too bad. It was a great year. I'm looking forward to another great season next year.

:suds:

Forgot about UGA.. that was a good win. As for us, I don't mind the fact that we lost. I just don't like that our D is worst that I've ever seen for us. I don't see us being a contender next year either... unless they get rid of Fickell and make some changes.. FAST!

We'll get Braxton back, which is good, but I think he's a head case. He just always looks SO nervous to me. Almost like he's not having a bit of fun out there.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so now neither team is good?

Pretty hilariously predictable.

That's fine, but aside from MSU we didn't really play anyone. Michigan darn near beat us and put 40+ points on the board. Clemson didn't have much of a problem either. If they had a better D it wouldn't have been a game at all. So tell me how I should be happy about this and think we have a good team.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU beat Clemson 51-14.. can you imagine what that game would have looked like between them and us? Same as last year... had we been able to go to a bowl game, we would have likely faced bama and got killed.

Our offense isn't the problem. It's that our D is just SOOO bad!

I heard this on the radio from someone who covers the team. There has been a battle between Fickell and Withers over what type of defense to run (soft zone or attacking). It seems that the front 7 (which Fickell was primarily responsible for) wanted to attack, but Withers did not have confidence in the DB's (which he was his primary area) and wanted to keep everything in front of them.

With Withers gone, hopefully there will be one philosophy. If Urban keeps Luke as DC and it still sucks, that is on Urban. I would prefer to see Luke go back to coaching the linebackers or d line with Vrabel and bring in a DC we know will be aggressive.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this on the radio from someone who covers the team. There has been a battle between Fickell and Withers over what type of defense to run (soft zone or attacking). It seems that the front 7 (which Fickell was primarily responsible for) wanted to attack, but Withers did not have confidence in the DB's (which he was his primary area) and wanted to keep everything in front of them.

With Withers gone, hopefully there will be one philosophy. If Urban keeps Luke as DC and it still sucks, that is on Urban. I would prefer to see Luke go back to coaching the linebackers or d line with Vrabel and bring in a DC we know will be aggressive.

Well, maybe Fickell isn't the problem then. I'm sure Urban will get it figured out. Just seems odd that you have all these 4 & 5 star guys on the field that any other team in the nation would be happy to have and you can't get the job done. When an average QB at best can have a field day on you and turn a game into a shootout you know there's a problem.. and coaching is probably the issue.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where the fuck is my tweet? :L

edit: never mind. There it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can handle jokes about the ol lady, just don't fuck with my Tigers.