• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Orange Bowl: Ohio State vs. Clemson

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI...Florida's ranked teams 8 of the 17 they played in the top 25 was Florida St in that span. And 5 of the 8 was also FSU in the top 10, who they play every year.

When you play a great team every year it kind of distorts those numbers a bit.

First 2 sentences, I dont get your point. Doesnt refute anything. Now, if you wanna talk about how uf has tried to drop fsu too, then I gotcha ;)

Edited the fluff from your last sentence so you can reconsider that thought, and so I could lol :D

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson retaliates...

1474384_10101195551312508_1301787837_n.jpg

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Originally Posted by Edisto_Tiger
How did this thread become about UF? GTFO here with that. This is the OSU/Clemson Orange bowl thread.

The original comments were regarding Ohio State playing down in the bowl games and expecting some respect when they win. It was the Ohio State homers, including Tharvot, who brought Florida into the mix, and I agree Florida has nothing to do with this matchup. Again, if Ohio State is happy playing Clemson, a team that got blown out by FSU and by 2 touchdowns by South Carolina, don't expect to be ranked in the top 5, even if they win. Any team that has not beaten a top 10 team in two years does not belong in the top 5. Time to put on the "Big Boys Pants" if looking for respect. 23-1 against Cup Cakes does not mean a thing. Sorry.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did this thread become about UF? GTFO here with that. This is the OSU/Clemson Orange bowl thread.

The original comments were regarding Ohio State playing down in the bowl games and expecting some respect when they win. It was the Ohio State homers, including Tharvot, who brought Florida into the mix, and I agree Florida has nothing to do with this matchup. Again, if Ohio State is happy playing Clemson, a team that got blown out by FSU and by 2 touchdowns by South Carolina, don't expect to be ranked in the top 5, even if they win. Any team that has not beaten a top 10 team in two years does not belong in the top 5. Time to put on the "Big Boys Pants" if looking for respect. 23-1 against Cup Cakes does not mean a thing. Sorry.
Cool... don't really care what others think...

:yahoo:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, no I didn't. You were trying to diminish Ohio State's BCS record by saying they played nobody and it was inflated due to the Rose Bowl ties. I pointed out that you are an idiot and offered that maybe your butthurt stemmed from Florida's terrible season and 1/2 their team jumping ship.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, no I didn't. You were trying to diminish Ohio State's BCS record by saying they played nobody and it was inflated due to the Rose Bowl ties. I pointed out that you are an idiot and offered that maybe your butthurt stemmed from Florida's terrible season and 1/2 their team jumping ship.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

That's fine; I stand by my statement of 23-1 against cup cakes does not make a team great. Had Ohio State played a better schedule and had a coach who was not so predictable in his play calling, Michigan State would not have won. Ohio State, IMO, has the better talent but did not have the mental toughness necessary to play a strong 4th quarter. Michigan state had some issues and became a better team. Same argument could be made for Alabama; maybe the best team in CFB. They didn't have to struggle during the year and Auburn with the lessor talent(IMO) was able to tough out a great win. My problem is not so much with Ohio State, it with you guys who continue to expect rave reviews on mediocre play. Your team is simply not a top 5 team and if you expect to be a top 5 team, play up...not down.

I'm not upset about Florida's season, other than Muschamp's inability to control himself and that bled over to the team along with a boatload of injuries. Florida over the past 20 years has provided a great many good to excellent teams so one down year does not a team make. Florida continues to play a better schedule than most so the "Big Boy Pants" are on. We will be back.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to get our doors blown off. Our D is awful. If y'all's D can put any pressure on Tajh he will make mistakes and make them often. I have no confidence in this being close. Now, I said the same thing last year against LSU too and we managed to come out of there with a win, albeit with an assist from the madhatter.

you think Clemson's D is bad, put yourselves in the shoes of a Buckeye fan: Ohio State has the #76 pass efficiency D, Clemson has the #16 pass efficiency D

as for 2012 LSU, they had the #11 pass efficiency D and Clemson put up 445 yards up on LSU (346 passing by Tahj Boyd with zero INTs despite being sacked 5 times). That was a masterful performance by Boyd. Since then, this is how Boyd has done in big games:

vs Georgia (the #85 pass efficiency D), Tahj threw for 270 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT and was sacked only once

vs FSU (the #1 pass efficiency D), Tahj threw for 156 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT and was sacked 4 times

vs SC (the #51 pass efficiency D), Tahj threw for 225 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT, and was sacked 5 times (and SC only averages 2.0 sacks per game)

vs Ohio State (the #76 pass efficiency D)....???. Note: over the last 3 games (Indiana, Mich, Mich St), the Ohio St D has given up 1,075 passing yds (358 per game), and 9 passing TDs to only 1 INT

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 2 sentences, I dont get your point. Doesnt refute anything. Now, if you wanna talk about how uf has tried to drop fsu too, then I gotcha ;)

Edited the fluff from your last sentence so you can reconsider that thought, and so I could lol :D

He was talking about non-conf, and just bc you play one team every year and doesn't mean shit. Most of those top 25 teams and top 5 teams Florida played was from playing FSU.

That is 13 out of 17, and top 10 6 out of 8. He shouldn't of made the point, congrats on playing one team every year. Mute point.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine; I stand by my statement of 23-1 against cup cakes does not make a team great. Had Ohio State played a better schedule and had a coach who was not so predictable in his play calling, Michigan State would not have won. Ohio State, IMO, has the better talent but did not have the mental toughness necessary to play a strong 4th quarter. Michigan state had some issues and became a better team. Same argument could be made for Alabama; maybe the best team in CFB. They didn't have to struggle during the year and Auburn with the lessor talent(IMO) was able to tough out a great win. My problem is not so much with Ohio State, it with you guys who continue to expect rave reviews on mediocre play. Your team is simply not a top 5 team and if you expect to be a top 5 team, play up...not down.

I'm not upset about Florida's season, other than Muschamp's inability to control himself and that bled over to the team along with a boatload of injuries. Florida over the past 20 years has provided a great many good to excellent teams so one down year does not a team make. Florida continues to play a better schedule than most so the "Big Boy Pants" are on. We will be back.

Where do you get the idea that Ohio State or their fans control who they play in the bowl games ?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to get our doors blown off. Our D is awful. If y'all's D can put any pressure on Tajh he will make mistakes and make them often. I have no confidence in this being close. Now, I said the same thing last year against LSU too and we managed to come out of there with a win, albeit with an assist from the madhatter.

Our D made MSU's offense look explosive. Might be a pretty high scoring affair.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree! So tell your fellow OSU posters to lay off the Florida teams and stick to OSU/Clemson talk.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

In the BCS era (1998-2013, 16 years)
OSU has played 60 OOC games in the regular season.
UF has played 58 OOC games in the regular season.
Miami has played 65 OOC games in the regular season.
FSU has played 61 OOC games in the regular season.

In their 60 OOC games, OSU has played 8 year-end ranked teams (13.3%) of which 5 were at home, 2 away and 1 neutral site. Of the 8 ranked opponents only 3 were top 10 teams.
In their 58 OOC games, UF has played 17 year-end ranked teams (29.3%) of which 8 were at home and 9 away. Of the 17 ranked opponents 8 were top 10 teams.
In their 65 OOC games, UM has played 21 year-end ranked teams (32.3%) of which 10 were at home, 10 away, and 1 at neutral site. Of the 21 ranked opponents 12 were top 10 teams.
In their 61 OOC games, FSU has played 24 year-end ranked teams (39.3%) of which 12 were at home, 11 away, and 1 at neutral site. Of the 24 ranked opponents 13 were top 10 teams.

Who’s wearing the Big boy pants????

Here is a breakdown of the four teams’ OOC schedules over the past 16 seasons.

In tOSU’s 60 OOC games they played 8 ranked teams (13.3%, of which 3 were top 10), 19 teams (31.7%) that had winning records but were unranked (6 AQ and 7 non-AQ), 5 teams (8.3%) with 0.500 records ( 2 AQ and 3 non AQ), 28 teams (46.7%) with losing records or FCS opponents (7 AQ, 18 non-AQ and 3 FCS).

In UF’s 58 OOC games they played 17 ranked teams (29.3%, of which 8 were top 10), 17 teams (29.3%) that had winning records but were unranked (5 AQ and 12 non-AQ), 1 team (1.7%) with 0.500 record (1 non AQ), 23 teams (39.7%) with losing records or FCS opponents (0 AQ, 14 non-AQ and 9 FCS).

In UM’s 65 OOC games they played 21 ranked teams (32.3%, of which 12 were top 10), 11 teams (16.9%) that had winning records but were unranked (7 AQ and 4 non-AQ), 5 teams (7.7%) with 0.500 record (2AQ and 3 non AQ), 28 teams (43.1%) with losing records or FCS opponents (7 AQ, 10 non-AQ and 11 FCS).

In FSU’s 61 OOC games they played 24 ranked teams (29.3%, of which 13 were top 10), 14 teams (23.0%) that had winning records but were unranked (5 AQ and 9 non-AQ), 3 teams (4.9%) with 0.500 record (2 AQ and1 non AQ), 20 teams (32.8%) with losing records or FCS opponents (7 AQ, 4 non-AQ and 9 FCS).

Ellupo, tOSU’s OOC schedule is legendary only in YOUR mind!

ALL 3 major schools in Florida play OOC schedules that DWARF tOSU OOC slate! tOSU, has played only TWO ranked OOC opponents away in 16 seasons!!! UF has played 9, Miami has played 10 and FSU has played 11. Yep, tOSU will play anyone, anytime, anywhere, as long as they aren't ranked!

How about FSU's OOC slate this year. That was legendary.

Zero Bowl Teams.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree! So tell your fellow OSU posters to lay off the Florida teams and stick to OSU/Clemson talk.

Yea, it OSU posters fault.

Take your blinders off

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was talking about non-conf, and just bc you play one team every year and doesn't mean shit. Most of those top 25 teams and top 5 teams Florida played was from playing FSU.

That is 13 out of 17, and top 10 6 out of 8. He shouldn't of made the point, congrats on playing one team every year. Mute point.

:laugh3: