• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Orange Bowl: Ohio State vs. Clemson

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a good game, stat wise we're pretty evenly matched, the only exception being Clemson's a pass offense and we're a rushing offense. Was kind of disappointed at the Clemson draw at first, but am a bit more ready for this game now.

Let's punch 'em in the mouth! Woody style, lol.

As for next year, hope we get our freakin' secondary cleaned up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did.. I shouldn't have said ranked.. you have 10 appearances . But your 6* and 3 one win being vacated.. and one yet to be determined.. Fl is 5-2 during the Bcs era.. but again.. your complete bowl record is a losing one. And Florida is only irrelevant THIS year.. just like yall last year.. I don't have to tell Myself anything.. we will be back..

Undefeated=irrelevant

:laugh3:

Yah, you will be back in 3 or 4 years. That is the difference, tOSU stays relevant even through probation.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell happened to Sox? I know I missed something. He got himself banned? Wow!

I didn't see it either, but several threads have mentioned it. Did he:

a) post poreknow
b) post somebody's real name or address or employer
c) use alts
d) embarrass somebody with thin skin

Enquiring minds...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up: since the BCS started Ohio State lost to irrelevant Florida TWICE and have won ZERO National titles. Florida has won TWO national titles. Ohio State is 5-2 in BCS games and Florida is 5-1 in BCS games. You brought up the time frame and the facts are clear that Florida has the better record. Have a nice day.

:L

Everything about this post is wrong. Do some research and come back to me later.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly makes a team relevant? Playing in a NC game or just getting to some BCS games?

That's a good question. People could say Ohio State was irrelevant during their bowl ban...but they sure ruined the hell out of some other teams' seasons during that time.

Florida being down for one year doesn't qualify, IMO. If they have another year like this one in 2014, then yeah, maybe so (please please please!).

But isn't it funny how in some arguments, we like to talk about stuff that happened decades ago, and in other arguments, we only want to talk about right now?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he jimmie jammed a mod so they banned him.

Pretty weak.

I know there's stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to, but I agree with you. I just don't get how some posters get the heave-ho due to words typed on a computer screen. There's an ignore button and everything...

Hell, you're one of the most annoying mo-fo's on this site, and you've not been banned yet, have you?

Game Threads are now sacred, though. Less is tolerated in those than in the general topic ones.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question. People could say Ohio State was irrelevant during their bowl ban...but they sure ruined the hell out of some other teams' seasons during that time.

Exactly!! Tell me how that makes any sense. No hopes of getting to a bowl or even trying to earn a NC, but we can stop everyone else from doing it.

Florida being down for one year doesn't qualify, IMO. If they have another year like this one in 2014, then yeah, maybe so (please please please!).

But isn't it funny how in some arguments, we like to talk about stuff that happened decades ago, and in other arguments, we only want to talk about right now?

I do like talking history, but it really doesn't have much bearing on what's happening today.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like talking history, but it really doesn't have much bearing on what's happening today.

Ehhhh....your team actually HAS a history...some others of us can only focus on right now!

Crap...this game isn't even until tomorrow night. I think it'll be more watchable than the Sucrose Bowl, though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhhh....your team actually HAS a history...some others of us can only focus on right now!

Crap...this game isn't even until tomorrow night. I think it'll be more watchable than the Sucrose Bowl, though.

I am not very confident with this defense. And I don't know what to expect from Clemson. Just hope it is a good game, bc tonight will be a blowout. IMO

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, tonight could be VERY lopsided.

we do have history, but I don't know how valid it is in an argument. We have a whole new coaching staff right now and an entirely different look on offense and defense.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not very confident with this defense. And I don't know what to expect from Clemson. Just hope it is a good game, bc tonight will be a blowout. IMO

I would say that if our offense can go ahead and put up 80 pnts tomorrow we're pretty safe.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clemson is schizophrenic. One game, they can look like fresh Doberman loaf, next game they're unbeatable. Even during particular games, they can have drives where they look lost, and then drives where they are unstoppable. Boyd and Watkins are special talents. Their defense isn't world-beatin' good, but it's enough given how well their offense is capable of playing.

I think part of the lack of consistency is in their play-calling, meaning: it's the coaching. I like Dabo a lot and I think he's a great guy, but he suffers from some horrible mutation of ADD/ADHD.

Take all that for what it's worth, since I'm speaking from their chief rival's POV. They CAN blow you guys out, but ultimately Urban >>> Dabo and that's where this game will be won.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson is schizophrenic. One game, they can look like fresh Doberman loaf, next game they're unbeatable. Even during particular games, they can have drives where they look lost, and then drives where they are unstoppable. Boyd and Watkins are special talents. Their defense isn't world-beatin' good, but it's enough given how well their offense is capable of playing.

I think part of the lack of consistency is in their play-calling, meaning: it's the coaching. I like Dabo a lot and I think he's a great guy, but he suffers from some horrible mutation of ADD/ADHD.

Take all that for what it's worth, since I'm speaking from their chief rival's POV. They CAN blow you guys out, but ultimately Urban >>> Dabo and that's where this game will be won.

Yah, everything you said is point on. I hate not knowing what to expect from both teams. But I trust Urban, but I also said that before the MSU game. MSU had a great team this year though, and Dantonio is a special cosch as well.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, you're one of the most annoying mo-fo's on this site, and you've not been banned yet, have you?

Who are you again?

I find it funny that people who I have never even conversed with before find me annoying. :noidea:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State really should win this game, however Clemson can keep it close by keeping Miller in the pocket and make him throw the ball. His best work is running the ball. Count on Meyer being very conservative when crunch time comes. He just can't help himself. Tajah Boyd is the X-factor here. He is a better passer than Miller and runs the ball almost as well. IMO, Sammy Watkins is the best receiver in college. Both teams have some problems on defense, so look for this one to be a lot of fun to watch.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you again?

I find it funny that people who I have never even conversed with before find me annoying. :noidea:

Come on man, don't play modest...you know you are. It's a skill, really...you should be flattered.