• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Opening week is here! Rangers host defending AL Champs Cleveland Indians

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening day is not "just another game" compared to what Dyson had been doing the last 2-3 months. The guy has been pitching in exhibition games that don't really matter. There was definitely a noticeable increase in the competitive level and intensity. How else could anyone possibly explain his performance besides saying crazy knee jerk comments like " Dyson is terrible" or "Bush should be closer".

Well, he's a professional and has been for years, and just finished pitching in the WBC. If opening day is this big a deal to an established major league player you've got a scoop. But I suspect not.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a long grueling season so Banny decided to give Lucroy a break tonight.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening day is not "just another game" compared to what Dyson had been doing the last 2-3 months. The guy has been pitching in exhibition games that don't really matter. There was definitely a noticeable increase in the competitive level and intensity. How else could anyone possibly explain his performance besides saying crazy knee jerk comments like " Dyson is terrible" or "Bush should be closer".
Opening day didn't seem to bother Miller. Your reason of opening day FAILS.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a long grueling season so Banny decided to give Lucroy a break tonight.

Although I got a chuckle out of your post, Lucroy didn't not play well last night and really seemed out-of-sorts. Not sure what this was all about really, but he didn't look sharp defensively or with the bat.

So why not give Chirinos a start and let Luc clear his head? I guess anyway. That's about as good a reason as I can come up with.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've given up trying to understand banny's crazy lineups. The guy "empties the bench" more than any other manager I've seen. On most road " get away" games, we see some really crazy and off the wall line ups. It's either that or our regular guys just want to rest more than usual.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to know for certain, but I wonder if Kela was missed last night. Not him personally mind you, but his pitching ability.

By the way, once a national media member got involved in the Kela story we actually found out a lot more than when it was left up to our local media who prefer not to ruffle any feathers.

Not really, they rolled out what many consider our best 2 relievers, they just didn't perform, Kela wouldn't have been the call IMO

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I got a chuckle out of your post, Lucroy didn't not play well last night and really seemed out-of-sorts. Not sure what this was all about really, but he didn't look sharp defensively or with the bat.

So why not give Chirinos a start and let Luc clear his head? I guess anyway. That's about as good a reason as I can come up with.
Seems like I remember last year some of us thinking Perez would benefit the most with Lucroy behind the plate.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like I remember last year some of us thinking Perez would benefit the most with Lucroy behind the plate.
Honestly can't remember but he should benefit with Lucroy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly can't remember but he should benefit with Lucroy.

Well, we'd sure hope so. Especially if we're considering him for an expensive, multi-year contract.

Put me down as a "should".

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, they rolled out what many consider our best 2 relievers, they just didn't perform, Kela wouldn't have been the call IMO
There is a really good chance you are right, but I wonder if Darvish even goes out for the 7th if Kela is available to pitch the 7th like he often did late last year. Also, I wonder if Bush gives up a run had he only pitched the 8th which he could have done had Kela been given his usual 7th inning. Then Dyson comes on for a save situation instead of in a tie game. For some reason some closers have more difficulty in non-save situations.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing that popped into my head is that Perez may be more comfortable with Chirinos.
He had Lucroy behind the plate a lot in the last couple of months last season.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a really good chance you are right, but I wonder if Darvish even goes out for the 7th if Kela is available to pitch the 7th like he often did late last year. Also, I wonder if Bush gives up a run had he only pitched the 8th which he could have done had Kela been given his usual 7th inning. Then Dyson comes on for a save situation instead of in a tie game. For some reason some closers have more difficulty in non-save situations.

Still don't see it, thinking they could have just as easily run Barnette or Jeffress out there (or anyone for that matter), It was a mistake to run out Darvish for the 7th, but I don't see that as a lack of confidence in the bullpen issue

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't see it, thinking they could have just as easily run Barnette or Jeffress out there (or anyone for that matter), It was a mistake to run out Darvish for the 7th, but I don't see that as a lack of confidence in the bullpen issue
No, I don't really see it as a confidence thing except to the extent that he probably had more confidence in Darvish than Barnette or others. There is a chance he might have had more confidence in Kela though. Just a thought.

Kela made sure we would never find out.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't really see it as a confidence thing except to the extent that he probably had more confidence in Darvish than Barnette or others. There is a chance he might have had more confidence in Kela though. Just a thought.

Kela made sure we would never find out.

In the end, guys have to do their jobs, what ifs aren't really relevant... though I still don't think it played a factor