• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Opening week is here! Rangers host defending AL Champs Cleveland Indians

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up 8 runs aint gonna get it done, Darvish wasnt good and Bush and Dyson have to be better too. What happened to Sam, he had been light out in the WBC and ST

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up 8 runs aint gonna get it done, Darvish wasnt good and Bush and Dyson have to be better too. What happened to Sam, he had been light out in the WBC and ST

He cracked under the pressure of opening day and playing in a game that actually matters.

Hopefully, now that the theatrics of opening day are over with and some of the guys ( bull pen) got the jitters out of their system, the team can play much better.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK! CANCEL THE SEASON!! FIRE BANISTER!! FIRE DANEILS!! FIRE SALE THIS BITCH!! BURN IT DOWN AND START OVER NEXT YEAR!!!

:happy:

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Claudio? Reliable to get those two outs. Always looking for positives. There were quite a few bright spots. Joey actually ran up counts and had a walk. Profar ran up one count.

First game folks. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK! CANCEL THE SEASON!! FIRE BANISTER!! FIRE DANEILS!! FIRE SALE THIS BITCH!! BURN IT DOWN AND START OVER NEXT YEAR!!!

:happy:

LMMFAO at all the idiots on twitter calling for Dyson to be removed as the closer. After 1 fucking game are you serious?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of folks complaining about the announcing crew tonight as well

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cracked under the pressure of opening day and playing in a game that actually matters.

The pressure of opening day? Are you kidding?

You say a lot of silly things. But this one ranks right up there.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of folks complaining about the announcing crew tonight as well

They're bad. Baseball broadcasts don't need a hole.

I also don't like the strike box being up during the pitch.

ESPN is getting a bit more crap everyday.

That said, ultimately I enjoyed the game.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're bad. Baseball broadcasts don't need a hole.

I also don't like the strike box being up during the pitch.

ESPN is getting a bit more crap everyday.

That said, ultimately I enjoyed the game.

Mostly about the local guys CJ Nitkowski and Raymond. People were actually asking why Grieve wasnt doing the opening day broadcast. CJ actually isnt bad, but Raymond is awful. Makes me wonder why I ever gave Steve Busby so much shit!

ESPN gets harder and harder to watch at times.

Your team is gonna have another great season, congrats! I see them back in the WS this year and actually beating the Cubbies this time around. Props!

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my report from the game:

The game being at night had the whole day feeling off to me. Lots of people, including us, were there early and ready to go. The Rangers, for some reason, didn't open the lots until the official 1pm time. Traffic was a nightmare. Most people parked and carried their stuff and claimed parking spots. Don was right, the weather was absolutely perfect. Probably the biggest tailgating crowd I've seen in my 16 years of going.

Game started off great. Yu was dealing and Rougned was bombing. Then I went to search for that Texas Snowball - BBQ brisket inside fried dough, topped with powdered sugar and BBQ sauce - and by the time I got back, it started falling apart. I figured when Yu left with a lead, things were OK. Didn't agree with the decision to bring Bush out for the 8th, and bringing Dyson in during a tie seemed weird too. Didn't see it mentioned on here, but Lucroy had some mistakes last night as well.

All in all, it was a great day, glad to get to experience another Rangers Opening Day.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly about the local guys CJ Nitkowski and Raymond. People were actually asking why Grieve wasnt doing the opening day broadcast. CJ actually isnt bad, but Raymond is awful. Makes me wonder why I ever gave Steve Busby so much shit!

Gotcha. I've probably tuned into some Rangers' broadcast, but not sure I've ever listened to them. My least favorite are Hawk Harrelson and that hooker that does the NYY games on radio, Susan Waddles, or whatever the hell her name is.

ESPN gets harder and harder to watch at times.

It really does. I wonder who they're marketing to and if that's the right demographic. I have a friend who for the ESPN sales team, and when I ask her about their current direction, she really seems like she's behind it, but I can't tell if she believes it, or if she's just a good company man (with a beaver). She hates when I start complaining about the CFB playoff games on NYE. She says, "but it's a really good idea because of yada, yada, yada," and I ask, "in the first year, didn't you guys have to give the advertisers a shitton of money back because viewership was so far below expectations?"

Your team is gonna have another great season, congrats! I see them back in the WS this year and actually beating the Cubbies this time around. Props!

We'll see. I never really get to enthusiastic about Indians' expectations, because they don't seem to do well with them. They've got a lot of talent, for sure, I just want to see that translate into wins.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to know for certain, but I wonder if Kela was missed last night. Not him personally mind you, but his pitching ability.

By the way, once a national media member got involved in the Kela story we actually found out a lot more than when it was left up to our local media who prefer not to ruffle any feathers.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I've probably tuned into some Rangers' broadcast, but not sure I've ever listened to them. My least favorite are Hawk Harrelson and that hooker that does the NYY games on radio, Susan Waddles, or whatever the hell her name is.

It really does. I wonder who they're marketing to and if that's the right demographic. I have a friend who for the ESPN sales team, and when I ask her about their current direction, she really seems like she's behind it, but I can't tell if she believes it, or if she's just a good company man (with a beaver). She hates when I start complaining about the CFB playoff games on NYE. She says, "but it's a really good idea because of yada, yada, yada," and I ask, "in the first year, didn't you guys have to give the advertisers a shitton of money back because viewership was so far below expectations?"

We'll see. I never really get to enthusiastic about Indians' expectations, because they don't seem to do well with them. They've got a lot of talent, for sure, I just want to see that translate into wins.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pressure of opening day? Are you kidding?

You say a lot of silly things. But this one ranks right up there.

Opening day is not "just another game" compared to what Dyson had been doing the last 2-3 months. The guy has been pitching in exhibition games that don't really matter. There was definitely a noticeable increase in the competitive level and intensity. How else could anyone possibly explain his performance besides saying crazy knee jerk comments like " Dyson is terrible" or "Bush should be closer".

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How else could anyone possibly explain his performance

He was facing a bunch of dudes who carry wallets that say:

becb6b68fa5a181c2878414559363691.jpg

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, once a national media member got involved in the Kela story we actually found out a lot more than when it was left up to our local media who prefer not to ruffle any feathers.

And isn't that just one helluva a note?