• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oops.....I have 'Nova in the Final Four

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I just need Zona over UNI in ship and I may have a shot lol

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Uni of Northern Iowa beating NC State to make the final 4 and this might actually happen :suds:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I spent all year saying Nova wasn't that good and this happened. I feel bad I jinxed them because I really thought they were gonna steamroll that region. But I knew they couldn't win when they had a really bad shooting night and that they wouldn't have 4 straight great shooting nights in the tourney. The mark of the elite is when your defense can carry you on an off night. It's why Duke and Notre Dame will not be seeing the final four either

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Kentucky is why Notre Dame won't be seeing the final four if they even make it to the E8. But Butler will have something big to say about that

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy bracket buster!!

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova lacked. I didn't have them getting past the S16 in any bracket.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova played their 2nd worst game all season, and still had a chance to win. Props to NC State, but Nova lost that game more than NC State won it IMO. Nova missed a ton of wide open threes they normally hit. Picked a bad day to have an off shooting day.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I spent all year saying Nova wasn't that good and this happened. I feel bad I jinxed them because I really thought they were gonna steamroll that region. But I knew they couldn't win when they had a really bad shooting night and that they wouldn't have 4 straight great shooting nights in the tourney. The mark of the elite is when your defense can carry you on an off night. It's why Duke and Notre Dame will not be seeing the final four either

Losing doesn't mean they were a fraud all season. They played arguably their worst game of the year. Just happened to be at the worst time. They would have been fine if they had even shot the ball at their average rate. They didn't need 4 great shooting nights to get to the final four, they just couldn't afford their worst of the season, which this was.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova played their 2nd worst game all season, and still had a chance to win. Props to NC State, but Nova lost that game more than NC State won it IMO. Nova missed a ton of wide open threes they normally hit. Picked a bad day to have an off shooting day.
This is exactly why they never had a chance. If you can't win when you shoot poorly, you're not going to do well in the tournament. Arizona played poorly, was outshot by Ohio State today, and won by 15 points.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they were a fraud. They were a legit top 10 team all season. But they didn't have the makeup of a Final Four team and I said that all season (and then went away from it when I picked all my brackets because of fucking Justin Anderson haha).

We can all agree the tournament is an entirely different beast than the regular season and it takes a certain type of team to make a run. This Nova team didn't have that makeup. That frosh Abu literally owned them the whole game. He is like 6'9

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why they never had a chance. If you can't win when you shoot poorly, you're not going to do well in the tournament. Arizona played poorly, was outshot by Ohio State today, and won by 15 points.

Ohio State shot like shit too. Zona also shot much better from 3. Nova would have been fine if they made wide open 3's. Sometimes the shots don't fall. If you watched the game they didn't really play any worse or differently than they have all season, they just didn't execute making the shot.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State shot like shit too. Zona also shot much better from 3. Nova would have been fine if they made wide open 3's. Sometimes the shots don't fall. If you watched the game they didn't really play any worse or differently than they have all season, they just didn't execute making the shot.
So you're saying they couldn't get a defensive rebound for their lives all season? Because that's as much why they lost as missing threes.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, because we did that to them.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our defense had a lot to do with that. Almost every shot they took was contested or altered. TJ McConnell/RHJ both completely locked up Russell.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense had a lot to do with that. Almost every shot they took was contested or altered. TJ McConnell/RHJ both completely locked up Russell.
Honestly it was really mostly TJ. He had one of the best tournament performances of ALL TIME today, and it will largely go unnoticed, as per FUCKING usual

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they were a fraud. They were a legit top 10 team all season. But they didn't have the makeup of a Final Four team and I said that all season (and then went away from it when I picked all my brackets because of fucking Justin Anderson haha).

We can all agree the tournament is an entirely different beast than the regular season and it takes a certain type of team to make a run. This Nova team didn't have that makeup. That frosh Abu literally owned them the whole game. He is like 6'9

I disagree. If they would have shot like they did all season they definitely had the makeup of a FF team. Arch, Ennis, Hart and Jenkins all made zero 3's tonight. Don't get me wrong they definitely didn't play well and shoot well tonight, but they were more than capable of making the FF.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. If they would have shot like they did all season they definitely had the makeup of a FF team. Arch, Ennis, Hart and Jenkins all made zero 3's tonight. Don't get me wrong they definitely didn't play well and shoot well tonight, but they were more than capable of making the FF.
I know you believe that. Unfortunately for you, I handily win this argument as they didn't even get close enough to say "a bounce here and a bounce there and they are in the FF"