• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oops.....I have 'Nova in the Final Four

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn do they have an easy route. Louisville and UNI as their 4/5?? (I think they play UNI but overpower them). A possibly wounded UVA team playing it's worst basketball of the year? I just don't think I can reasonably take UVA over them without knowing if Anderson is going to be back to his normal self in two weeks. If he was, I would have UVA in the FF without a doubt but what I've seen from him doesn't give me confidence.

And yes, I'm aware this is the team I said would not sniff the FF about a week ago. I guess it was stupid to proclaim that without seeing the draw. Every other region I don't have them making it but they lucked out for sure

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how my bracket worked out too, with Duke beating them in the Final Four.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the seeding came out, I thought the route was not bad, but not favorable. Most people agreed. I didn't hear anybody from ESPN or Fox say the East was easy.

I thought our draw/bracket/seed was favorable last year and CRAZY favorable in 2010 and we were knocked out in the 2nd round.

In 2009, I thought the bracket was BRUTAL for Villanova. And we beat UCLA, and strong Duke and Pitt teams to get to the Final 4.

In almost all cases, you need to be playing really good to get to the Final 4, regardless of seeding and draw.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the seeding came out, I thought the route was not bad, but not favorable. Most people agreed. I didn't hear anybody from ESPN or Fox say the East was easy.

I thought our draw/bracket/seed was favorable last year and CRAZY favorable in 2010 and we were knocked out in the 2nd round.

In 2009, I thought the bracket was BRUTAL for Villanova. And we beat UCLA, and strong Duke and Pitt teams to get to the Final 4.

In almost all cases, you need to be playing really good to get to the Final 4, regardless of seeding and draw.
Yea, but those people think Louisville is good. As Bill Walton says, "Pleaaaase"

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't have them in the final four if they switched spots with Kentucky?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova is good. People will realize.

They play a nice 8 man rotation. The only two who don't shoot 37% from 3 are the two big guys.

So that's 6 guys that can get hot on any game. Can't really bank on them all going ice cold.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Notre Dame or Maryland would win that side of the bracket in that case.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest MD is better than Nova. Now that doesn't mean Nova would automatically win, but Nova is better than them. ND/Nova would be a toss up game and could go either way IMO, but Nova would be favored.

I seriously don't get the hate for Nova. They're 32-2 and have the 2nd best resume and they are a consensus top 5 team in all the metrics. Yes they don't have size, but Jay Wright is used to that. Swept Providence, Butler, St. John's, beat Xavier three times, beat Georgetown, VCU all of which are top 7 seeds except St John's.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need evidence to suggest anything. I just think Maryland or ND could beat them in a 1 game do or die scenario. It's not that I hate Nova, I just think they are very beatable and if a team gets hot they will go down. Especially against a team with guards as good as ND/MD.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need evidence to suggest anything. I just think Maryland or ND could beat them in a 1 game do or die scenario. It's not that I hate Nova, I just think they are very beatable and if a team gets hot they will go down. Especially against a team with guards as good as ND/MD.

Yeah but the only issue with that reasoning is

1. You could say that regarding every team except maybe tucky. I mean if Nd gets hot they are beating Zona as well....but I don't think I'd be likely to happen. And you are assuming Nova isn't also hot...which stats show there is a better shot of that against maryland forsure.

2. The good guards. That's Novas strength as well and they are just simply better. Neither ND or Maryland have big men that will take Pinkston and Ochefu out of the game. You have to have a clear down low advantage or the 6 man guard army will run you off the floor.

I think the other 5 BE teams have strengths but also clear weaknesses where a loss may come immediately. Nova you need a perfect storm to win unless it's a fellow top 8 team.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the only issue with that reasoning is

1. You could say that regarding every team except maybe tucky. I mean if Nd gets hot they are beating Zona as well....but I don't think I'd be likely to happen. And you are assuming Nova isn't also hot...which stats show there is a better shot of that against maryland forsure.

2. The good guards. That's Novas strength as well and they are just simply better. Neither ND or Maryland have big men that will take Pinkston and Ochefu out of the game. You have to have a clear down low advantage or the 6 man guard army will run you off the floor.

I think the other 5 BE teams have strengths but also clear weaknesses where a loss may come immediately. Nova you need a perfect storm to win unless it's a fellow top 8 team.

No, I fully understand. I thought we were talking about brackets here though. If I was making a bracket I would for sure pick ND over Nova, Maryland maybe not for sure but I think they'd be talented enough to pull off the upset. Much more so than Ville' & UNI, imo.

One thing: Nova's guards are not better than MD's in Trimble and Wells. Not a chance. The reason I'm so high on Maryland is because their guards remind me of the Napier-Boatwright duo that led UConn to a title last year, except they're actually more talented.

Anyways, I'm basing this off what I'd do with my bracket so I don't need you folks telling me if I'm right or wrong because it's a damn crapshoot in the tourney and those match ups are hypothetical anyways.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I fully understand. I thought we were talking about brackets here though. If I was making a bracket I would for sure pick ND over Nova, Maryland maybe not for sure but I think they'd be talented enough to pull off the upset. Much more so than Ville' & UNI, imo.

One thing: Nova's guards are not better than MD's in Trimble and Wells. Not a chance. The reason I'm so high on Maryland is because their guards remind me of the Napier-Boatwright duo that led UConn to a title last year, except they're actually more talented.

Anyways, I'm basing this off what I'd do with my bracket so I don't need you folks telling me if I'm right or wrong because it's a damn crapshoot in the tourney and those match ups are hypothetical anyways.

That's what annoying lol. People keep saying hypotheticals against Nova. "No shot they make final 4" now they will but if it was another region they wouldn't. Pretty easy to say what can't be proven wrong.

Fact is if you've watched nova their two toughest match ups would be LSU and UNI. Like you said things are a crapshoot so who knows what happens.

Trimble who I love and Wells are just two guards. Nova has 6 who can be counted on every game. They spread the wealth. You just are not beating them in a guards game. It isn't happening. Maryland plays a ton of close games and has a penchant to turn the ball over. That is game over when Nova gets out and runs.

The St. John's game is a perfect example of what they will do to you if you can't bang them down low. Scary thing is they shot a lot of 3s well below season averages.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villanova is my pick for national champs actually.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ochefu gives Nova plenty of size. Anyone actually watch them? He's an animal at times. And Pinkston is pretty thick and has low post game. They get plenty of action from the big guys on both ends of the floor.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what annoying lol. People keep saying hypotheticals against Nova. "No shot they make final 4" now they will but if it was another region they wouldn't. Pretty easy to say what can't be proven wrong.

Fact is if you've watched nova their two toughest match ups would be LSU and UNI. Like you said things are a crapshoot so who knows what happens.

Trimble who I love and Wells are just two guards. Nova has 6 who can be counted on every game. They spread the wealth. You just are not beating them in a guards game. It isn't happening. Maryland plays a ton of close games and has a penchant to turn the ball over. That is game over when Nova gets out and runs.

The St. John's game is a perfect example of what they will do to you if you can't bang them down low. Scary thing is they shot a lot of 3s well below season averages.

:D