• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts when you draft a NCAA guy and he declines to sign a contract and goes on to sign with another team and is off to a fine start.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"many of our players and staff"

shouldn't that be fucking ALL of them?

I don't think we should be surprised if 25-30% of the general public refuse to get vaccinated, so it shouldn't be a shocker if the same percentage (if not higher) applies to NHL hockey players.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Draisaitl, get his one good punch in (preceded by a cheap shot to the throat after a clean check) and then proceeds to turtle against Brady Tkachuk. What an upstanding young man :rolleyes2:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it's going to be fun watching the Oilers get rolled in the playoffs. I mean, nobody thinks this team is going to do any damage in the playoffs, right?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it's going to be fun watching the Oilers get rolled in the playoffs. I mean, nobody thinks this team is going to do any damage in the playoffs, right?
I don’t dislike the Oilers as much as you but I have to say it’s satisfying watching the Sabres and Oilers struggle year after year since they’ve both picked in the top 10 for a decade and struggle to make the playoffs.

Penguins got all of the hate for tanking and getting high picks but at least are consistently in the playoffs and got 3 cups out of it.

JMO

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked it took Lou this many years to trade for Zajac.

Can't say I know much about our return. I'm torn because I want to see them and Andy Greene do well but would also like the Isles to get bounced round 1.
Truly amazed by the deal. Lou did very good with this deal stocking them up for a long playoff run.
With that said going to be weird seeing Zajac in a different uni.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked it took Lou this many years to trade for Zajac.

Can't say I know much about our return. I'm torn because I want to see them and Andy Greene do well but would also like the Isles to get bounced round 1.
He wanted him SO BAD in Toronto and Shanny was just like fuck no are you nuts

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at how poor the Sabres or Sens are doing and it's amazing that with less than a typical full NHL season, they STILL have more wins than the Capitals had in their entire first year in '74-'75. To make Sabres and other bottom dwellers feel better, here is how astonishingly bad that team was...
  • It took until the 49th game of the year until they got their 4th win.
  • They gave up double digit goals SEVEN times.
  • They had three-game stretches where they were outscored 27-7, 24-4, and 18-2 (with none of those overlapping).
  • They had a goalie play in 27 games who didn't record a SINGLE win (0-24-3).
  • The Sabres, Sens, Wings, and Ducks have all scored about 40 goals less than their opponents in roughly the same number of games. The Caps at this point had given up more than 130 goals than they scored.
We missed this day in hockey history a couple days ago. But on April 6, 1975, the Caps had the worst hockey season. And it's unlikely to ever be beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.