• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need a Beagle, Roussel and Louie. LEADERSHIP
May need it to reach the cap floor at this pace.

Which brings me to another issue. Devils have billionaire owners, we've had cap space for 5 years and do nothing with it. With the Vegas expansion draft (and another upcoming) combined with the cap nightmares teams have experienced how have we not found a way to take advantage of teams? We can absorb bad contracts. Or trade/sign actual NHL caliber guys.

So either the GMs have been asleep at the wheel or ownership has a budget. My feeling is ownership doesn't actually care, the team was just part of the investment they made in Prudential Center. So we went from a broke owner that was truly a fan to ultra wealthy owners that think of the team as no more than another part of their investment portfolio.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May need it to reach the cap floor at this pace.

Which brings me to another issue. Devils have billionaire owners, we've had cap space for 5 years and do nothing with it. With the Vegas expansion draft (and another upcoming) combined with the cap nightmares teams have experienced how have we not found a way to take advantage of teams? We can absorb bad contracts. Or trade/sign actual NHL caliber guys.

So either the GMs have been asleep at the wheel or ownership has a budget. My feeling is ownership doesn't actually care, the team was just part of the investment they made in Prudential Center. So we went from a broke owner that was truly a fan to ultra wealthy owners that think of the team as no more than another part of their investment portfolio.
They kind of did that with PK Subban. They did trade for Taylor Hall. Those were both big ticket items.

I think a good chunk of it was expecting the young guys (Zacha, McLeod, Nico) to make a jump and not wanting to hamstring themselves when they needed to get paid and then two of those guys just never panning out as quickly as expected, but also there haven't been many of those trades in recent years (Toronto and Vegas dumping contracts for picks last offseason excepting, the only one I remember the past few years was JT Miller to Vancouver and Benning gave them a first rounder lol).

I also think GM's are less worried about using buyouts than they used to be.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, last time I paid to see the Pirates was in Atlanta in 2018.
haven't even bothered to pay them any attention this year so far, but this got me wondering about them. So I checked to see how they were doing...won their first game of the season and then have gone on to lose their next 6. haha fucking wonderful

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haven't even bothered to pay them any attention this year so far, but this got me wondering about them. So I checked to see how they were doing...won their first game of the season and then have gone on to lose their next 6. haha fucking wonderful
and just to keep this somewhat hockey related, the Pens have given up more goals (15) in their 2 game losing streak than the Pirates have runs scored (14) during their 6 game losing streak....awesome!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to lose him for nothing this summer and it's going to be hilarious.

There are going to be teams offering him significantly more than what the Oilers can and this is his time to cash in. It's going to be...

tenor.gif

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Must have had a trade with the Penguins in the works and he was preparing for life as a Penguin by getting injured.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Must have had a trade with the Penguins in the works and he was preparing for life as a Penguin by getting injured.
They must have noticed the Jackets hot on their heels. Need to do something.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two days ago: Blues out of playoff spot, considered sellers at deadline. Big pieces may move.

Tonight: Blues winning 7-1 after 2, could be one point out of a playoff spot by end of night.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clevelumbus MonsterJackets are off to a good start against Chicago.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Senators are going to catch the Flames in the North Division, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.