• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guentrzel is definitely underrated.

So was Sprong apparently.
I’ve got a radical new idea - and hear me out on this. Each team could have a designated sniper like a Sprong, totally clueless in his own end but can score. He can be the 19th player. But a coach can only use him once a game - presumably on the power play. He would have to wear a different color sweater and helmet than the rest of his teammates.
Cool thing is if he scored a goal it’s worth two. And if he scores from behind the blue line it’s worth three. Tell me I’m not visionary.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool thing is if he scored a goal it’s worth two. And if he scores from behind the blue line it’s worth three. Tell me I’m not visionary.

woildnt be possible to, you’d see it coming.

brilliant idea. The NHL is saved.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got a radical new idea - and hear me out on this. Each team could have a designated sniper like a Sprong, totally clueless in his own end but can score. He can be the 19th player. But a coach can only use him once a game - presumably on the power play. He would have to wear a different color sweater and helmet than the rest of his teammates.
Could the arena play uplifting energizing pop-rock instrumentals while that player was on the ice?

Also please clarify once a game. What if they don't score, could he or she stay on the ice the rest of the period? And would that be a replacement player or extra player?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if that player doesn't score during their shift but their Team scores....hear me out on this one......wait for it.................................................................................................................
That team gets a "goal in the bank" for the next game.

Man love these New radical ideas so much this can be playing in the background when Bettman presents to the fans.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing but my own suspicious nature to go on, but Shanahan got off to a great start when he was in charge of NHL supplementary discipline (as the video shows below) and then I believe was instructed to tone things down by the league. 8 regular season games where he also factored in prior suspension history over multiple years.

Wiz absolutely deserved a suspension there, but his timing could not have been worse.
Just an out of the blue question - Is Jake Guentzel one of the most underrated players in the league? All that guy seems to do is put up fine numbers every season.
That guy irritates the crap out of me. And I would kill to have him on my team.

Patric Hornqvist is another.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an out of the blue question - Is Jake Guentzel one of the most underrated players in the league? All that guy seems to do is put up fine numbers every season.
Dash Guentz it.
He’s a pretty good lamp post or fire hydrant. I can’t remember the joke verbatim. Lol
Pylon. PYLON.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more random observation.

Why is it that whenever I hear Teddy Blueger's name mentioned, I think of this?

You're welcome.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my point of takedowns and rabbit punches happening in scrums, roughing, and fights after the play all the time, none other than known roughian Sydney Crosby took less than 24 hours to demonstrate...

And yet I doubt the Flyers will be tweeting about a horrifying display of violence and I doubt the usual suspects who complain about everything Tom Wilson does will be pulling the Scarlett O'Hara gasp over #87s conduct here.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No comparison. Wilson took him down by the hair with his helmet off and his head hit the ice without the protection of a helmet. That's it.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No comparison. Wilson took him down by the hair with his helmet off and his head hit the ice without the protection of a helmet. That's it.

It's very odd, I hear that happens all the time and yet I've been playing this game my entire life at high levels and I've never done anything close to it. It must be like the kneeing/dragging the leg thing, I just didn't want it badly enough :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic, I'm not surprised that Ghost is having a hearing, that was a dangerous play and I'm glad to see that Friedman is okay. That said, slamming a helmetless player to the ice (last time I looked) is equally if not more dangerous.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic, I'm not surprised that Ghost is having a hearing, that was a dangerous play and I'm glad to see that Friedman is okay. That said, slamming a helmetless player to the ice (last time I looked) is equally if not more dangerous.

Does ghost have a past?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does ghost have a past?
one does not just become a ghost overnight. He had a childhood, a difficult one, with an overbearing mother and a lackadaisical father who preferred backgammon to ball throwing. Then, the tragedy happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.