• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overweight and a smoker as well.
Yeah, shame he came in towards the end of the old guard where training camp was where you played yourself into shape and as he once said about no fries with his club sammich (or however he put it).

what might have been if he were closer to the newer breed where training was/is year round.

He got there by the end, but how much was lost before he realized the importance of training/conditioning? Despite all his incredible greatness, Always felt he cheated us a bit.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, shame he came in towards the end of the old guard where training camp was where you played yourself into shape and as he once said about no fries with his club sammich (or however he put it).

what might have been if he were closer to the newer breed where training was/is year round.

He got there by the end, but how much was lost before he realized the importance of training/conditioning? Despite all his incredible greatness, Always felt he cheated us a bit.
Tough to go down that rabbit hole though.

Some of the defensemen he played against couldn't really skate backwards all that well, and most of the goalies he faced were Peter Ing.

But he did score a lot of his goals piggybacking at least two of those lumbering defenders.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to go down that rabbit hole though.

Some of the defensemen he played against couldn't really skate backwards all that well, and most of the goalies he faced were Peter Ing.

But he did score a lot of his goals piggybacking at least two of those lumbering defenders.
Yeah, I get that. I guess I was just more saying if he would have given even a modicum of thought to his general health. Even in the 80s we knew not smoking and a decent diet were important. Just paying attention to those and who knows.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get that. I guess I was just more saying if he would have given even a modicum of thought to his general health. Even in the 80s we knew not smoking and a decent diet were important. Just paying attention to those and who knows.

That's not entirely on him though, I bet that Mario wolfed down the base of the Food Pyramid :wink:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure health was ever a real priority for him. The only time in his comeback that he really looked in shape was the Olympic year.
It all still worked pretty good though....

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I'm going to say is that the league is very arbitrary when it comes to determining what is and what isn't cap circumvention. If I'm a Devils or Canucks fan, I'm pretty choked at Bettman.

Status
Not open for further replies.