• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list of guys recently hired straight out of the AHL goes like this:

Bruce Cassidy (Good)
Jared Bednar (Tire Fire)
Mike Sullivan (Good)
Jeff Blashill (Tire Fire)
John Hynes (Tire Fire)

So, yeah, hit or miss.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list of guys recently hired straight out of the AHL goes like this:

Bruce Cassidy (Good)
Jared Bednar (Tire Fire)
Mike Sullivan (Good)
Jeff Blashill (Tire Fire)
John Hynes (Tire Fire)

So, yeah, hit or miss.

also note the "good" had nhl coaching (or asst coaching) experience

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green does have player experience and is *allegedly* a good communicator ... sounds like Eakins dont it lol

I can recall Ferraro ( whose name has come up as a potential new canucks management staff hire - :think: ) gushing over his former Isles teammate Travis Green and saying that he could tell during their playing days that Green was going to become a good pro coach and that he thinks the game and that he had the best tutor in Al Arbour

this part is in very large contrast to what Ferraro thought about Eakins lol

/ reminder since its was epic lol

I hate talking about the Oilers bc I feel like I’m a broken record. Compounded errors by making the same errors over & over again … the LA game was worse than the Arizona game … The biggest issue they face is at no point did it look like the Oilers felt they could win that game against LA … The coach looked like he didn’t have any answers. Was first time I thought they might not be able to stay the course w the coach … I thought last year it seemed like a debacle from the get go [in Edmonton … From almost the very first day even taking away the donuts from the writers. His focus was too wide … … You can’t change the world need to focus on what’s right in front of you & they had plenty of work in front of them … Now you get to the 2nd year & they should be more comfortable & there should be signs of improvement and there really hasn’t been …Would they be better served with a more experienced coach? They can’t be less served

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of money for those Oilers tickets...

But then again, you are seeing Jesus....in the playoffs

CHlGhno.png

Trip to Anaheim in order @dash ?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, how the hell can the Ducks be even close to profitable? They have the lowest regular season ticket prices in the league, it doesn't climb much in the playoffs (and there's a risk of not selling out), their local TV contract can't be all that valuable...and yet they're a cap team.

They have to be in the red, no?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, how the hell can the Ducks be even close to profitable? They have the lowest regular season ticket prices in the league, it doesn't climb much in the playoffs (and there's a risk of not selling out), their local TV contract can't be all that valuable...and yet they're a cap team.

Wondering if it's like the Devils, the arena is tied to the team so any money the arena makes could offset losses by the team. I would think their arena gets quite a bit of action outside of hockey but could be wrong.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see $296 return on allegiant through Bellingham for you to see the saturday game dash ... you may crash land* because your pilot hasnt slept in days but at least you wont get the shit kicked out of you on United :noidea:

/ * derringereagle has booked this flight for you

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder the same thing.

I went to a Sens Ducks game in December and sat in the only row with 2 seats in it, right next to the press box entrance. Those two seats for a Sunday afternoon game against the Senators were $28 each. I got an email for pre-sale Ducks playoff tickets about 2 weeks ago and for games one and two those same two seats were $48 each. Nearby parking is usually $5-10 dollars so you could do a NHL playoff game for $100 for two people. The Ducks tickets are easily one of the the best values in hockey today.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ducks jack up prices for vs Kings games. The year they won the Cup, I was at a Film Festival in Newport Beach. After the movie they gave(as in free) everyone tickets to a Ducks playoff game. 200 tickets given away so they could say the game was a sell out. I got good fairy seats. Top deck third row corner. I know they do better now, but when I go to some regular season games there, I pay more for parking than one ticket. Wife found tickets for Thursday game for $41 before fees. Can't go because of other commitments

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if it's like the Devils, the arena is tied to the team so any money the arena makes could offset losses by the team. I would think their arena gets quite a bit of action outside of hockey but could be wrong.
I wonder the same thing.

I went to a Sens Ducks game in December and sat in the only row with 2 seats in it, right next to the press box entrance. Those two seats for a Sunday afternoon game against the Senators were $28 each. I got an email for pre-sale Ducks playoff tickets about 2 weeks ago and for games one and two those same two seats were $48 each. Nearby parking is usually $5-10 dollars so you could do a NHL playoff game for $100 for two people. The Ducks tickets are easily one of the the best values in hockey today.
Never mind. They're definitely operating at a loss:

Ducks owners are losing less money, plan to keep franchise in the family

At least the owner seems committed (even if it's just because he thinks the franchise value increases will offset the operating losses).

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to sum things up, get rid of the salary cap and keep the revenue sharing - good owners will invest it back into the team and shitty owners will pocket it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do know there are a bunch of Flames fans that will be making the trek to Anaheim, unfortunately I won't be one of them.

/If the Flames are still playing in late April/early May, I may contemplate a trip to Calgary.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Presumably to hack off his other hand.

I'M JOKING. Stand up gesture by the Kid.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Presumably to hack off his other hand.

I'M JOKING. Stand up gesture by the Kid.

"Hey sorry about mutilating your finger and causing you to miss playoff games just days after spearing another guy. We're all good right?"

*Click*

Yes, I hold grudges in my personal life.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe: "congratulations on your fine NCAA career, Hobey Baker winner Will Butcher. Welcome to the Avalanche"
Will: "not so fast"

Denver star Will Butcher not signing with Avs, not now, perhaps never – The Denver Post

lmao what a debacle ... thanks Patty!!!

Near the end of Butcher’s junior season a year ago, the Avalanche told Butcher’s “family adviser” the team was not interested in signing the 5-foot-10, 190-pound defenseman at any point. But that attitude toward Butcher was believed to have emanated from then-coach Patrick Roy, who was also the Avs’ vice president. Roy resigned in August, and the Avs had scouts or team executives at numerous DU home games this season. Assistant Avs general manager Chris MacFarland was at the Frozen Four in Chicago last weekend.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger saying Hitchcock named new coach of fuck Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.