• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Grundstrum, must have slept through the meeting. 2 games, 2 shots, 2 goals.
He looked really good last night. Knows how to hit as well. I think maybe Rob Blake broke even on the trade and didn't outright lose it.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked really good last night. Knows how to hit as well. I think maybe Rob Blake broke even on the trade and didn't outright lose it.
Too early to tell
Two goals looks good now, but everyone gets lucky. Enjoying the moment but know there is a reason he has been in the AHL all season

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats just ridiculous. Takes "homer announcer" to a whole new level.
I think they saw pretty clearly, despite what the regular stats, advanced stats, and the naked eye say, that Tampa's 19 point lead heading into that game was clearly just a result of fortunate scheduling and a few lucky bounces.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had high hopes for Grundy before the season. Expected him to get called up at some point before he was dealt.

So long as he produces an NHLer with he pick I think it was a pretty fair deal, even if I’ve been less than enamoured with Muzzin so far.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to Canadian sports media these days. It's getting better though; they didn't have Auston Matthews zodiac sign, current heart rate and marital status in the graphic this time. :D

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Canadian sports media these days. It's getting better though; they didn't have Auston Matthews zodiac sign, current heart rate and marital status in the graphic this time. :D
It was a regional broadcast, we already knew all that.

Tune in Wednesday to find out his favourite anti-baldness cream.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After the inevitable first round flame out, the same media may very well wonder if there is a heart to rate. . .

OK, a bit harsh but last year he was basically a no show in the playoffs. He is a long way from "dominating" status but has made some improvements this year. I will be very interested to see if he can produce in playoff hockey.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should watch Oilers home games, Dave (actually no, that's cruel and inhuman punishment). Several times this season the Oilers have lost games yet somehow take home two of the three stars awarded.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the inevitable first round flame out, the same media may very well wonder if there is a heart to rate. . .

OK, a bit harsh but last year he was basically a no show in the playoffs. He is a long way from "dominating" status but has made some improvements this year. I will be very interested to see if he can produce in playoff hockey.

Far be it from me to defend any Leaf, much less a pigman, but the guy is 21 years old. Might take him a a year or two to learn to play under intense playoff pressure. The Canadian media and their Leaf obsession sure doesn't help either.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well somebody should be suspended for allowing a 3-on-1 when on the power play.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I think someone may have been shouting "rag it" is because immediately afterward someone clearly shouts "rag! rag! rag!" at about 0:06 here:

If it's the other thing, suspend him, but I'm not sold on it yet.

"Rag it" is Swedish for "those idiots are doing a line change while we rush the puck down to their zone"

Status
Not open for further replies.