• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE BOSTON BRUINS ARE WINNING THE WHOLE DAMN THING AFTER TONIGHTS MIRACLE!

And Marchand is the greatest legend

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for future reference, you can cross-check a defenseman into the goalie and score two seconds later with the goalie flat on his back and it will be ruled a good goal (no goalie interference).

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osterle nails Bennett right between the number from behind into the boards, no call. Is the league still helping this financially bleeding franchise in Glendale?!?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Osterle nails Bennett right between the number from behind into the boards, no call. Is the league still helping this financially bleeding franchise in Glendale?!?
phoenix hockey school?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
as much as i am onboard with team tank, and this was an important result for both teams' lottery chances, i really really don't like losing to the oilers.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps and the Isles are tied for the division lead at the moment, and with ROW being even, the tiebreaker falls to head-to-head points earned. The Caps lead that since they are 2-1 against the Isles so far this year. Was curious who has their standings correct.

Wrong - NHL.com (c'mon guys), ESPN, TSN, Sportsnet, CBS sports, Sports Illustrated, MSN

Correct - Hockey Reference

They are simply the best when it comes to numbers, leaders, stats, standings, etc.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps and the Isles are tied for the division lead at the moment, and with ROW being even, the tiebreaker falls to head-to-head points earned. The Caps lead that since they are 2-1 against the Isles so far this year. Was curious who has their standings correct.

Wrong - NHL.com (c'mon guys), ESPN, TSN, Sportsnet, CBS sports, Sports Illustrated, MSN

They are simply the best when it comes to numbers, leaders, stats, standings, etc.
Official tie-breaker rules say "The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included."

I'm too lazy to dig through the schedule and results, but if the extra win for the Caps was at home it would be discarded and they'd fall to goal differential as a tie-breaker.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official tie-breaker rules say "The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included."

I'm too lazy to dig through the schedule and results, but if the extra win for the Caps was at home it would be discarded and they'd fall to goal differential as a tie-breaker.

Hockey Reference sucks!!! ;)

(Edit: Actually, the Isles have hosted twice and the Caps only once so the original conclusion stands)

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dunno, but ...

WE WANT THE CAPS!

WE WANT THE CAPS!

WE WANT THE CAPS!

:dhd: …. :bolt:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey Reference sucks!!! ;)

(Edit: Actually, the Isles have hosted twice and the Caps only once so the original conclusion stands)
I think when I wrote it, even I mis-read what I was quoting. It doesn't say if the result is more favorable to the home team or anything like that, just that the extra game should be discarded, regardless of who has hosted twice.

Kinda odd, I woulda thought they'd follow standard soccer rules where road goals and wins are more valuable than at home.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Washington used their Win in the Bank last year (against Columbus), so the Isles still have theirs. Advantage Trotz & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.