• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Marchand just took over the NHL goal scoring lead with a hat trick tonight in Vancouver for his 33,34,35....WOW:clap:

MonyandJohnny

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary and Pittsburgh, most exciting game all year

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least the Isles got skunked.

If Marchand could disappear for a week or two that would be swell.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Jets fans have lost all hope.

The broken spirit at the MTS Centre

Keep in mind that this team has had the same GM for all 6 seasons of its existence. If this shit had gone on in any other Canadian market south of the 53rd parallel the fans would've led an armed resistance and taken over the team by now.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary and Pittsburgh, most exciting game all year

No way man, if you don't think the Penguins - Oilers game a few days ago was the game of the year, you have no soul.

/Unconfirmed reports suggest that Ryan Lochte was at Rogers Place to watch the game

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attaboy Moose:

FlamboyantUntriedBobcat.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Jets fans have lost all hope.

The broken spirit at the MTS Centre

Keep in mind that this team has had the same GM for all 6 seasons of its existence. If this shit had gone on in any other Canadian market south of the 53rd parallel the fans would've led an armed resistance and taken over the team by now.

The worst part is that they've got quite a bit of talent on that team. Just need to tweak a couple of things (bottom 6 in particular).

Oh and they've got to hire a coach who spends his time making the team better, not trying to create sound bites and/or critiquing Mike Babcock's pressers.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets need to find a goalie, maybe Hellebuyck will be the guy one day, but they should fire both their coach and GM in my opinion, they need to clean house.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part is that they've got quite a bit of talent on that team. Just need to tweak a couple of things (bottom 6 in particular).

Oh and they've got to hire a coach who spends his time making the team better, not trying to create sound bites and/or critiquing Mike Babcock's pressers.
I think pretty much everything from the blue line on backward sucks. Trouba's good but doesn’t want to be there. Buff is big and aging, which is going to catch up at some point, and from the few Jets games I watched this year doesn’t seem to mind taking shifts off which has a trickle down effect to the rest of the guys on the ice. They still don’t have a goalie and Hellebuyck isn’t looking like the sure thing he was just a year ago.

What's worse is, yeah, they have quite a bit of talent both on the club and in the pipeline but it's all up front. 6 years of a "process" and they've got no blue line to show for it. They're basically the Oilers at this point, except their forward corps actually functions as a cohesive unit.

I think Maurice is a big part of it. I think Chevy is the root of that and the rest of the problems. If they survive it'll be ridiculous but entirely predictable.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets need to find a goalie, maybe Hellebuyck will be the guy one day, but they should fire both their coach and GM in my opinion, they need to clean house.
Why they didn't just take a flyer on Halak or Bishop is beyond me and really speaks to how much of a wuss Chevy is.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're basically the Oilers at this point, except their forward corps actually functions as a cohesive unit.

I need to correct one thing I stated earlier, I said Talbot was the MVP of the team and he is important, but if the Oil don't win the McDavid lottery, they wouldn't even be close to a playoff spot in the West. Unreal that after all of those top picks year after year that this team would still be a joke without #97.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to correct one thing I stated earlier, I said Talbot was the MVP of the team and he is important, but if the Oil don't win the McDavid lottery, they wouldn't even be close to a playoff spot in the West. Unreal that after all of those top picks year after year that this team would still be a joke without #97.
Drafting in the top 7 every year from 2011-2014, their first rounders from that span have combined for 42 goals and 96 points this season. 60% of that has come from one guy. Yeah, they're screwed without Connor.

The only caveat is if they had lost the lottery they would've drafted third (or fourth if the Leafs won which they were agonizingly close to doing) and probably would've drafted Hanifin, who would eventually pan out for them but would’ve left them bad enough to still shit the bed last year and probably wind up with one of Matthews or Laine. Puljujarvi should be good eventually but it still leaves the Oilers without a stud potential 1D. In that regard, winning the McDavid lottery maybe wasn’t the favour we think it to be, unjust and ridiculous as it is.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will send them Joonas Korpisalo if they give us Marko Dano back.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Turris (still hurt one would imagine) and Bobby Ryan are back for Ottawa tonight.

Craig Anderson with the dreaded LBI won't dress.

As Sens fans, why can't we have nice things?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny's goal from last night - Hainsey's jock ends up in row 6.

WillingShabbyGorilla.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.