• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Army have a trademark on something like that? Because if not, there's really nothing they can do about it.

One would assume this is what the Army is "looking into".

And your team just stole Georgia Tech's name and changed it from Yellow to Blue. Thieves.

????

This is a coherent argument?

The Capitals stole their name from the word we use to signify the changing of the first letter of a word in order to convey that the word represents a proper noun!

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping

The point is, EVERY name will be taken, unless you just name yourself the "Vegas Pine Cone Farts" or something. The Leafs have their "military" connection, as do the Jackets. Flaming fucking christ that you can't have "Knights" and put a color in front of it without some group that no one knows about until it goes "mainstream" with a hockey team announcement.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping

The point is, EVERY name will be taken, unless you just name yourself the "Vegas Pine Cone Farts" or something. The Leafs have their "military" connection, as do the Jackets. Flaming fucking christ that you can't have "Knights" and put a color in front of it without some group that no one knows about until it goes "mainstream" with a hockey team announcement.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree to a point, but the team didn't make it easy on itself by demanding that "Knights" be included in the name. Narrows the field of view considerably.

Plus, they could have at least Googled to see someone if someone else well known uses it. If some Pinochle club in Grand Forks uses it, meh. But the US Army? Probably should have chosen something else.

And in other news, here is why Jeff Skinner has been so motivated.
tnjx9gd.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never underestimate the power of chocolate milk.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had never seen a hockey game get promo'd as "Player X totally shut down Player Y last time they met, will Player X be able to do it again?!" until I saw the TSN ads for Leafs-Oilers about Kadri and McDavid.

/They gave up on that Matthews-McDavid rivalry pretty fast, huh.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed I double posted. What poor message board etiquette. Hopefully a backup AHL goalie doesnt beat me up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had never seen a hockey game get promo'd as "Player X totally shut down Player Y last time they met, will Player X be able to do it again?!" until I saw the TSN ads for Leafs-Oilers about Kadri and McDavid.

/They gave up on that Matthews-McDavid rivalry pretty fast, huh.

I'm no fan of Kadri, but I hope he's in McDavid's grill all game long tonight.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always given carob milk, probably explains some things.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never underestimate the power of chocolate milk.

Chocolate milk + Golf course south of Atlanta = Disaster of tsunamic proportions.

Learned this one the hard way. Went to an LPGA tour event and it was 90F and humid. Like an idiot, I drank some of the free chocolate milk a local dairy was giving away to spectators. I did not make it to the porty-a-potty in time.

And that's all I have to say about that.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chocolate milk + Golf course south of Atlanta = Disaster of tsunamic proportions.

Learned this one the hard way. Went to an LPGA tour event and it was 90F and humid. Like an idiot, I drank some of the free chocolate milk a local dairy was giving away to spectators. I did not make it to the porty-a-potty in time.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I guess you could say Dave had to take an unplayable.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chocolate milk's where its at. Oh and looks like Eichel may be back tonight vs. Ottawa

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no fan of Kadri, but I hope he's in McDavid's grill all game long tonight.

Maybe he will ride McD like a pony for 59 minutes. In the 60th minute Lucic rips his face off and wears it as a hat. Then he uses his tongue to paint his boat.

Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.