• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another point that must be made in any Dougie Hamilton trade discussion is that when you're already looking to flip a guy just a year after giving up a lot for him you're never going to get as much back as you gave up, and you have to know you're ok with that possibility before you even put him on the block.

Yup, can't disagree with that. I don't get why you would want to trade Hamilton in any case unless you're getting a dman of similar value (the Flames defense without Hamilton would be an absolute tire fire). Sure, he's still inconsistent, but that's to be expected with young defensemen, he's been pretty good of late with Giordano as his partner.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oliver EkkerKalrson is such a treat to watch. Wish he'd get a ticket out of Phoenix.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, can't disagree with that. I don't get why you would want to trade Hamilton in any case unless you're getting a dman of similar value (the Flames defense without Hamilton would be an absolute tire fire). Sure, he's still inconsistent, but that's to be expected with young defensemen, he's been pretty good of late with Giordano as his partner.

SBISA for HAMILTON..... Makes sense for sure :thumb::thumb:

:whistle:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bloodbath in Florida. Gerard Gallant and the entire coaching staff fired after the loss to Carolina.

This is as cold-blooded as it gets:

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No talk of the Garett Sparks suspension for saying that girls cry? What a sexist pig.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following comment is based ENTIRELY on me watching the Caps game last night. In other words, my usual indepth, rational, view.:D

I hope not. Sure, it depends on what they have to give up, but I would like to see them run with the team they have now for the rest of the year. Well, until the trade deadline when they can move some stuff for draft picks. I generally like the composition of the team right now, since I view the season as an 82 game learning curve for the youngsters. Last night showed the team has some potential, perhaps their best game of the year. I would like to see them stay the course, have more ups (last night) and downs (the NJ game, the opener in Ottawa, etc etc). The youngsters are likely going to hit the wall around Valentine's Day anyway. No point getting ahead of the Shanaplan.

/no Holtby comments this time, he was not the reason WSH lost
They're going to need to build a blue line that can actually keep shots away from poor Freddy. Whether they make that move now, in the summer, doesn't matter much to me. Doing it now might just give them a shot at the playoffs though and I'd be more than happy with that.

It doesn't make any sense to me. The Flames aren't in a position to ship a d-man out to improve another part of the team. The cost will at the very least equal the benefit. Lateral moves just for the sake of it are the kinds of management ideas that can look terrible in hindsight.

Which is why the Leafs just don't make sense as a trade partner. Moving Gardiner for Hamilton? That's as lateral a move I can think of. What's the point?

Another point that must be made in any Dougie Hamilton trade discussion is that when you're already looking to flip a guy just a year after giving up a lot for him you're never going to get as much back as you gave up, and you have to know you're ok with that possibility before you even put him on the block.
Have you seen the guy who runs the Flames? Think he minds losing trades?

Last edited:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saint John Sea Dogs of the QMJHL would gladly welcome Gallant back and the Panthers (I believe) can keep paying him the big bucks! All he did in 3 years here was finish first overall in the regular season all 3 times with 3 finals appearances, win 2 QMJHL championships, and 1 Memorial Cup.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No talk of the Garett Sparks suspension for saying that girls cry? What a sexist pig.
He could've made a better choice of language but considering he was going off on some asshole who was denigrating handicapped people it's kinda hard for me to get too bent outta shape about it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the leading point getter on the Flames defense corps this season - Dougie Hamilton.

/2 assists tonight put him up to 12 points.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saint John Sea Dogs of the QMJHL would gladly welcome Gallant back and the Panthers (I believe) can keep paying him the big bucks! All he did in 3 years here was finish first overall in the regular season all 3 times with 3 finals appearances, win 2 QMJHL championships, and 1 Memorial Cup.
Gallant is going to be back in a job very quickly.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could've made a better choice of language but considering he was going off on some asshole who was denigrating handicapped people it's kinda hard for me to get too bent outta shape about it.

This world is too pathetically PC.

I got clickbaited on the headline, "SPARKS SUSPENDED FOR NSFW SOCIAL MEDIA RANT"

My reaction to the title was, "Oh this is gonna be something Trump related..." or "He used some sort of Anti-gay slang..." Then it's, "oh, he said the F word once...and oh, he said girls cry and he would fight a guy at drop in for being a dick....suspended indefinitely? Awesome world."

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This world is too pathetically PC.

I got clickbaited on the headline, "SPARKS SUSPENDED FOR NSFW SOCIAL MEDIA RANT"

My reaction to the title was, "Oh this is gonna be something Trump related..." or "He used some sort of Anti-gay slang..." Then it's, "oh, he said the F word once...and oh, he said girls cry and he would fight a guy at drop in for being a dick....suspended indefinitely? Awesome world."
What's worse is he did it in a closed Facebook group that he frequents to answer questions goalies have about equipment and gameplay lol. So not only was it in a forum he did something pretty cool in, it wasn't public as opposed to, say, Morgan Rielly who made a "not here to be a girl about it" comment post-game last year and wasn't punished at all.

If they want to sit him a game or two, fine. I think Bibeau is getting most of the starts these days at Ricoh anyway. Indefinitely? That's a bit overboard.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the guy's head is the size of a disco ball but man does Trotz take a lot of pucks to it. Latest example:

Status
Not open for further replies.