• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Chad Johnson has stopped 67 of 68 shots to record back-to-back road wins.

/Flames are 5-2 in their last 7 games, maybe this season can be salvaged?!?
He made some great saves yesterday.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoked to be blacked out of the Caps/Leafs game with my NHL.tv package. I pay the league $140 for them to not allow me to watch games on a league owned Network. Seems legit. Fuck you, NHL.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoked to be blacked out of the Caps/Leafs game with my NHL.tv package. I pay the league $140 for them to not allow me to watch games on a league owned Network. Seems legit. Fuck you, NHL.
Hey it came through perfectly fine on the NHL network for me :suds:

Seriously blacking the game out since it was on regular cable is nonsense.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treliving was at the Leafs-Caps game yesterday. A lot of Dougie Hamilton noise in these parts this morning.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it came through perfectly fine on the NHL network for me :suds:

Seriously blacking the game out since it was on regular cable is nonsense.

See, I'm cool with them blocking games out on "regular cable". NBC pays for the broadcasting rights for those games, it makes sense that they want to give a dog a bone and say, no no, No NBC for you? No game.

The NHL Network? The league "owns" that "channel". The most stupid fucking potato logic part of the whole NHL Network thing is that the actual NHL Network in Toronto closed down and was absorbed as a part of the MLBAM's acquistion of the NHL's "subscription" rights(NHL.tv). So, the people I pay $140 to for my subscription service, also control the NHL Network...THE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE.

The MLB doesn't block out MLB Network games when you buy their package, the NHL can just suck my balls.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treliving was at the Leafs-Caps game yesterday. A lot of Dougie Hamilton noise in these parts this morning.

The following comment is based ENTIRELY on me watching the Caps game last night. In other words, my usual indepth, rational, view.:D

I hope not. Sure, it depends on what they have to give up, but I would like to see them run with the team they have now for the rest of the year. Well, until the trade deadline when they can move some stuff for draft picks. I generally like the composition of the team right now, since I view the season as an 82 game learning curve for the youngsters. Last night showed the team has some potential, perhaps their best game of the year. I would like to see them stay the course, have more ups (last night) and downs (the NJ game, the opener in Ottawa, etc etc). The youngsters are likely going to hit the wall around Valentine's Day anyway. No point getting ahead of the Shanaplan.

/no Holtby comments this time, he was not the reason WSH lost

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I'm cool with them blocking games out on "regular cable". NBC pays for the broadcasting rights for those games, it makes sense that they want to give a dog a bone and say, no no, No NBC for you? No game.

The NHL Network? The league "owns" that "channel". The most stupid fucking potato logic part of the whole NHL Network thing is that the actual NHL Network in Toronto closed down and was absorbed as a part of the MLBAM's acquistion of the NHL's "subscription" rights(NHL.tv). So, the people I pay $140 to for my subscription service, also control the NHL Network...THE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE.

The MLB doesn't block out MLB Network games when you buy their package, the NHL can just suck my balls.
Are you sure the game wasn't being aired locally on CSNMA? If so, they would be the one that had the exclusive rights to air in your area.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the fact NBC itself is broadcast TV so they deem it that you don't need regular cable to receive it. So it isn't truly regular cable as is the NHL Network, NBC Sports, etc... So they hold that power over the blackout rules also.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the fact NBC itself is broadcast TV so they deem it that you don't need regular cable to receive it. So it isn't truly regular cable as is the NHL Network, NBC Sports, etc... So they hold that power over the blackout rules also.

Well, when I said NBC, I meant NBCSN as well.

I don't understand why NBC themselves doesn't allow streaming of their Broadcast TV content online. I'm too lazy to get the Broadcast TV channels setup on my TV.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when I said NBC, I meant NBCSN as well.

I don't understand why NBC themselves doesn't allow streaming of their Broadcast TV content online. I'm too lazy to get the Broadcast TV channels setup on my TV.

Oh yeah, NBCSN, even then if they black out those games I feel it is nonsense since it isn't over the free airwaves.
As for the broadcast tv I live within 25 miles of all the channels antenna's so I was able to buy one of those cheap indoor TV antenna's that attached to the coax hookup. For me it works great even though I never watch broadcast tv.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardiner and Nylander for Hamilton, please and thank you.

If you'd prefer I just say something rather than the "bullshit" rating I can do that, I suspect that the rating is meant to represent/communicate something different. But I don't see you as the type to care about ratings anyway.

But yeah, if that's the deal it's a no no god no from me.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - Did I ask for too much or too little?

Another point that must be made in any Dougie Hamilton trade discussion is that when you're already looking to flip a guy just a year after giving up a lot for him you're never going to get as much back as you gave up, and you have to know you're ok with that possibility before you even put him on the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.