• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone point me in the direction of the hit Johnny Boychuk is saying was dirty by Crosby?

If it's the one in the buildup to Crosby's goal, guy needs to give it a rest.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone point me in the direction of the hit Johnny Boychuk is saying was dirty by Crosby?

If it's the one in the buildup to Crosby's goal, guy needs to give it a rest.

It's the one on the goal, and it was pretty obviously a clean, legal hit. Maybe he thinks he got elbowed because of the whiplash of being stood up unexpectedly by Crosby, who is seems folks still don't acknowledge as being as strong or tough as he is.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I heard that about Vegas, I believe other teams have been allowed to sign people before other teams before if they're an expansion team, could be wrong.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDavid, Laine top the under-24 charts

I know it's Burnside and all, but still, this is not quality work. It says its the weekly rankings for the under 24 NHL players but all it has is 3 hot and 3 not (one of the not hots is a goalie who's 3-0-1 in his last four). And the game to watch is tonight's Canucks/Oilers game? Something tells me if this is a weekly thing, then Tuesdays Oilers at Leafs game might be a little more important and something you'd probably want to hype better.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the best to Andy and his family. Whatever the issue, I hope it's resolved for the better.

Craig's wife Nicole has been diagnosed with cancer. Thoughts and best wishes to Craig and his wife.

Dorion said the Anderson's are in a wait and see period concerning treatment for Nicholle, so Nicholle encouraged Craig to rejoin the Senators. Anderson has been away from the team since Thursday after being granted a leave.

Sens announce G Anderson's wife has cancer

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancer Sucks.

Stay strong and good luck to Mr and Mrs Anderson.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Shaw just made the zebras look like fools.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig's wife Nicole has been diagnosed with cancer. Thoughts and best wishes to Craig and his wife.

Dorion said the Anderson's are in a wait and see period concerning treatment for Nicholle, so Nicholle encouraged Craig to rejoin the Senators. Anderson has been away from the team since Thursday after being granted a leave.

Sens announce G Anderson's wife has cancer

Heard that last night. That is truly terrible, and hope it is a reasonably benign and treatable form.

On HNIC they talked about how Anderson might continue to play through this. Honestly, I don't know how he can keep his head in the game. I think it s a little crappy of the team to even ask (assuming they have).

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolanders.

Well, there's the Kings get out of jail free card. Can rid themselves of Brown and get a goalie.

Heard that last night. That is truly terrible, and hope it is a reasonably benign and treatable form.

On HNIC they talked about how Anderson might continue to play through this. Honestly, I don't know how he can keep his head in the game. I think it s a little crappy of the team to even ask (assuming they have).

I seriously doubt the team asked. Anderson has only done hockey his whole life and when you are facing something like this, any routine helps. It's like when Foligno's daughter was born with that heart defect. The team told him take whatever time he needed, and he was back in a few games. He said in an interview that he didn't know much else in life but how to prepare for a hockey game and being out there helped him separate his life into what was important and what wasn't. Hockey stopped being life and became a job. Not worth being upset about, it was just a means to an end. When he left the rink, the game stayed there and he could focus on the family.

He had a career year the next one. Because everything was in perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.