• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again cancer is a rotten illness. My aunt died from it in July. My step aunt is finishing up treatments for it (Though she's doing remarkably well and apparently from what the doctors have said she's clear of it). As a Sens fan and indeed a human being my thoughts are with the Andersons at this time. Some things trump hockey, this is one of them.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The artist formerly known as PK...

CwCxrMqWAAAGAGT.jpg:medium

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolanders.

How dare you post that after the beating the LOLeafs took last night!!!!

In all seriousness, the three goalie system is stupid. They should have traded Halak in the off season the first time there were complaints about this.

Walsh is an idiot though, keep that crap behind closed doors. Especially when you client looked like a sieve against the Pens the other night.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you post that after the beating the LOLeafs took last night!!!!

In all seriousness, the three goalie system is stupid. They should have traded Halak in the off season the first time there were complaints about this.

Walsh is an idiot though, keep that crap behind closed doors. Especially when you client looked like a sieve against the Pens the other night.
Posted it beforehand :suds:

Isles aren't going to run into teams playing as badly as the Leafs did last night on a regular basis, though (also, the Barclays Center ice is slush and that doesn't make for many happy skilled youngsters).

As for the goalies, nobody has cap space for a Halak, or a Pavelec, or one of Dallas' sieves. So teams are either going to eat salary (fat chance), trade for cheap insurance or stick with what they have. With Halak having a year beyond this season still on his deal it's an even harder sell.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isles aren't going to run into teams playing as badly as the Leafs did last night on a regular basis, though (also, the Barclays Center ice is slush and that doesn't make for many happy skilled youngsters).

As for the goalies, nobody has cap space for a Halak, or a Pavelec, or one of Dallas' sieves. So teams are either going to eat salary (fat chance), trade for cheap insurance or stick with what they have. With Halak having a year beyond this season still on his deal it's an even harder sell.

That ice is pathetic. I don't want to get too much into this but I bet that new owner is exploring every possibility to opt out of that lease. Because if this continues....someone's going to throw a dildo on the ice.

Maybe LA can part with Jeff Carter...I hear he can play wing :)

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, can you believe that dipshit Grabner had a hatty last night!?!?! WTF!?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ice is pathetic. I don't want to get too much into this but I bet that new owner is exploring every possibility to opt out of that lease. Because if this continues....someone's going to throw a dildo on the ice.

Maybe LA can part with Jeff Carter...I hear he can play wing :)

Probably someone from Tampa Bay, I'd guess.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entry-level contract decisions looming for a number of NHL teams

TL;DR summary of Bob's expectations:

Staying - McDavid (lol), Konecny, Provorov, Chychrun, Strome, Tkachuk, Zacha, Beauvillier, Marner, Matthews, Laine

Back to Junior - Sergachev (already returned), Barzal, Chabot

Unsure - Crouse

That's a lot of rookies sticking around to 40 games.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entry-level contract decisions looming for a number of NHL teams

TL;DR summary of Bob's expectations:

Staying - McDavid (lol), Konecny, Provorov, Chychrun, Strome, Tkachuk, Zacha, Beauvillier, Marner, Matthews, Laine

Back to Junior - Sergachev (already returned), Barzal, Chabot

Unsure - Crouse

That's a lot of rookies sticking around to 40 games.

Yep - based on what I've seen/heard from Isles, Beauvillier is staying and Barzal headed back. Beauv was getting some first line minutes last game. Really speaks to our depth.....barf.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought Switzerland had winters!

Hmmmmm. Good point. He must not be used to the first 20 rows being filled with people tapping away on their smartphones and ignoring the game, then.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - based on what I've seen/heard from Isles, Beauvillier is staying and Barzal headed back. Beauv was getting some first line minutes last game. Really speaks to our depth.....barf.
Kyle Okposo has 7 pts in 7 games. Andrew Ladd has 1 in 9.

It's really sad that the Isles will probably watch JT walk without ever seeing success with him. What a bloody waste of an era.

Status
Not open for further replies.