• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a nice signing by the Ducks though, business is picking up again in the Pacific Division.

/On another note, what's wrong with the Preds this season, they get shellacked by the Ducks last night.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darn it, I had just dropped him, too, after reading a report that he might not sign until the Dec. 1 deadline. And in that league, I'm not allowed to place a waiver claim on him since I dropped him, so I have to hope no one else picks him up until I can get him on Saturday.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a culture where everything is deep fried (including pickles), it is a medical mystery. . .

#badgenes

#sincewhenispotatosaladandmac&cheeseavegetable?
And where it's too damned hot to do anything outside for half the year.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where it's too damned hot to do anything outside for half the year.

It's funny, when I was working down in Houston quite a few years ago and told people I was from Calgary, they'd always ask how I could live in a place that gets so cold. I'd tell them Calgary wasn't so bad, sure we get some cold weather occasionally, but you just have to dress for the conditions. The flip side is you can only take off so many layers of clothes before you end up in the hoosegow.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a culture where everything is deep fried (including pickles), it is a medical mystery. . .

#badgenes

#sincewhenispotatosaladandmac&cheeseavegetable?

It's glandular!!

I used to spend some time in South Carolina and saw the same couple twice. Hubby is driving and his missus is in the bed of the truck. One time she was eating a drumstick (fried of course). You can't make this stuff up.

An apparel company would have to make a 3 person tent to fit this lady.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a sad day when Bobby Mac retires, it's pretty clear that there's few NHL GM's/executives who like Dreger and they're not going to give him the time of day.

We'll still have Eklund though!!!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, when I was working down in Houston quite a few years ago and told people I was from Calgary, they'd always ask how I could live in a place that gets so cold. I'd tell them Calgary wasn't so bad, sure we get some cold weather occasionally, but you just have to dress for the conditions. The flip side is you can only take off so many layers of clothes before you end up in the hoosegow.
That's always been my theory as well. As tough as the winters were in Buffalo growing up, the summers suck just as much in Charlotte.

And I don't have the money to be a snowbird yet either.

EDIT: Did you ask any of them if they'd been to the Stampede?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a nice signing by the Ducks though, business is picking up again in the Pacific Division.

/On another note, what's wrong with the Preds this season, they get shellacked by the Ducks last night.

Clearly there's a locker room Cancer and/or a defenseman who takes too many chances. But who could it be?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly there's a locker room Cancer and/or a defenseman who takes too many chances. But who could it be?

What a ridiculous statement!!

Their struggles clearly stem from the fact that their #1 center doesn't block enough shots.

giphy.gif

AMEjI.gif

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a ridiculous statement!!

Their struggles clearly stem from the fact that their #1 center doesn't block enough shots.

When he'd be the perfect guy to block shots considering how much of a fat, doughy bastard he is. They would just absorb into him.

SO GLAD MY TEAM DOESN'T HAVE SOMEONE LIKE THAT

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he'd be the perfect guy to block shots considering how much of a fat, doughy bastard he is. They would just absorb into him.

SO GLAD MY TEAM DOESN'T HAVE SOMEONE LIKE THAT

Yeah. I wouldn't want Ryan Dough-hansen on my team either.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing but my best wishes to Anderson and his family at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.