• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys can fuck themselves.

I put "Hartford Whalers" in their search like a year and a half ago and it brought up Carolina Hurricanes gear.

Fuck. You.

My ex-wife actually went to the prom with Chuck Kaiton Jr. No good reason I'm mentioning that, just popped in my head when I saw "Whalers" and thought you might get a chuckle from it.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL signs 16-year apparel deal with Fanatics

How you know the NHL is really going hard after the American market:

"Fanatics will also add sizes -- up to 5XL for men"

:D

Sadly, necessary.

A 6' 7" dude sat down next to me on my Southwest flight to Vegas last week. I would say he was around 300 pounds. I may have given him a bit of a dirty look, and he said "be thankful, I have lost 150 pounds in the last two years".

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, necessary.

A 6' 7" dude sat down next to me on my Southwest flight to Vegas last week. I would say he was around 300 pounds. I may have given him a bit of a dirty look, and he said "be thankful, I have lost 150 pounds in the last two years".

Also, most fan apparel places don't make "Goalie Cut" stuff. And I get tired of wearing generic blank jerseys.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, necessary.

I once connected in Philly while flying to Fort Myers and wound up with the middle seat (front row, but still) and next to me was a very heavy-set lady.

That was a very uncomfortable three hours.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, most fan apparel places don't make "Goalie Cut" stuff. And I get tired of wearing generic blank jerseys.

I was thinking this too, most of the goalies I know wear at least 3XL if they're wearing it to play and I really don't know any overweight goalies, hell half of them look like marathon runners.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they've improved - or maybe it's more fair to say that other states are getting bigger faster - but some of the major cities in Texas, especially Houston and Dallas, have been historically among the fattest cities in America and there's still a pretty heavy (<--hehe) concentration of obesity in the southern states.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they've improved - or maybe it's more fair to say that other states are getting bigger faster - but some of the major cities in Texas, especially Houston and Dallas, have been historically among the fattest cities in America and there's still a pretty heavy (<--hehe) concentration of obesity in the southern states.
Everything is bigger there, after all.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a culture where everything is deep fried (including pickles), it is a medical mystery. . .

#badgenes

#sincewhenispotatosaladandmac&cheeseavegetable?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a culture where everything is deep fried (including pickles), it is a medical mystery. . .

#badgenes

#sincewhenispotatosaladandmac&cheeseavegetable?

I went to a fair in South Carolina once.
Some things I saw offered Deep Fried:
Butter
Oreos
Kool Aid (I have no idea)
Butterfingers
Snickers
Ice Cream
Corn on the Cob

Fried Pickle chips ROCK, by the way.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a fair in South Carolina once.
Some things I saw offered Deep Fried:
Butter
Oreos
Kool Aid (I have no idea)
Butterfingers
Snickers
Ice Cream
Corn on the Cob

Fried Pickle chips ROCK, by the way.

was just gonna say ... easiest/fastest way for one to improve their own body image ... go to a state fair lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at Dreger, what an insider.
I honestly think the only news he's broken in the last year is that Phaneuf was being traded to Ottawa and even then, it was McKenzie who first hinted something was up with Dion so it's a pretty safe assumption he threw Dreger a bone.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the only news he's broken in the last year is that Phaneuf was being traded to Ottawa and even then, it was McKenzie who first hinted something was up with Dion so it's a pretty safe assumption he threw Dreger a bone.

It's going to be a sad day when Bobby Mac retires, it's pretty clear that there's few NHL GM's/executives who like Dreger and they're not going to give him the time of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.