• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

824190.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TotalTallGar.gif

Well, if the league replaces pucks with tape recorders, Bryz is already ready.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week Burke discussed the topic of how his club would handle a domestic violence incident like the Ray Rice episode (and a handful of subsequent incidents) that have brought the NFL and commissioner Roger Goodell under intense scrutiny in recent months.

"Every time we have an issue in another sport, we dry run it internally. We’ve done it a lot the past week.

"So in the Rice case, when there’s a video, we don’t have to guess what happened there. That case, we’d say ‘We’re done with this player. He’s done with us.’ We’re going to do the right thing first."

"The notion (is) that ‘I get paid to fight on a hockey rink so that same level of violence is acceptable on the street or in my home,'" Burke said. "And if a player can’t separate them, then the player doesn't deserve to earn professional-athlete wages.

"These jobs pay well," Burke continued. "There are lots of people who will do them if you don’t want to do them on those terms."

Brian Burke says there is no place in the NHL for someone who beats a woman while hoping everyone forgot about Semyon Varlamov

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's no surprise Colorado didn't have a problem with Varly, I mean, take a look at his head coach who was charged with a similar offense.

"I can't really hear what Dash says, because I got my two Stanley Cup rings plugged in my ears."

roy1-495x316.jpg

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's no surprise Colorado didn't have a problem with Varly, I mean, take a look at his head coach who was charged with a similar offense.
It's time for ALL of the Rus-skis to go back home - those that have Canarduckian or A-merry-corn Citizenship can stay - otherwise... nyet, get on a jet.

Let Johansen go, but make his agent go with him for the duration

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it is his 7th KHL offer.
Bring on an offer sheet in English (just to spice things up)

When asked Bobrovsky said: "Is bad idea. You should not do this thing over there, tall guy"

Status
Not open for further replies.