• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Kane won the Cup for his team. Not once did I even give that impression, other than showing he's won two Cups and been either the top or second-best scorer on his team in those runs. I said in the post you quoted "He and his team" or some form of that twice.

And yes, the Hawks have built a better team around their big two. Like I said, I only brought up the Conn Smythe because you brought up Bolland.

When I pointed out that Malkin was ahead of him in playoff points per game, an individual statistic, you posted "I know one category he's outscored him in" and a picture clearly defining that category as "stanley cup wins". How exactly was that supposed to be interpreted, if not as a statement of Kane's individual worth through team accomplishments?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so let's throw statistics completely out the window. Are you saying that Kane faced the toughest units and Toews faced the #2s? Cause they don't play on the same line.
Never said that. Never mentioned anything about Kane's opposition. I only mentioned Malkin's because you were so adamant about the competition Strome faced in Junior that it seemed apt to point out Malkin's competition in the show.

In fact, I'll surmise that the QoC #'s put Malkin's opposition higher than Kane's, despite Kane playing in the hell that is the Western Conf.

I would simply, today, take Kane over Malkin. He's healthier, he's consistently performed in the playoffs and has contributed to the success of his teams. Give me 2009 Malkin and I'd take him in a second, but I don't think he's around anymore.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I pointed out that Malkin was ahead of him in playoff points per game, an individual statistic, you posted "I know one category he's outscored him in" and a picture clearly defining that category as "stanley cup wins". How exactly was that supposed to be interpreted, if not as a statement of Kane's individual worth through team accomplishments?
Saying it's a symbol of his individual contribution to team accomplishments, especially when he led the team in scoring for one Cup and was 1 pt behind the leader for the other, is fair no?

Hey, Malkin had 2 good Cup runs too. He was in form in 2008 before he Conn Smythed in 09. It was just a very long time ago and if we're going by today's standards, today I want the guy who was on pace for a career year prior to a freak injury and is contributing to a team that is still fighting for their 2nd Cup in 3 years and 3rd in 6.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, enough wall flooding. I wish both Minny and Chicago could be eliminated this round, anyway. Can't stand either.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Yahoo NHL the Habs and Sens are playing at 12 today. Doesn't seem right.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that. Never mentioned anything about Kane's opposition. I only mentioned Malkin's because you were so adamant about the competition Strome faced in Junior that it seemed apt to point out Malkin's competition in the show.

In fact, I'll surmise that the QoC #'s put Malkin's opposition higher than Kane's, despite Kane playing in the hell that is the Western Conf.

I would simply, today, take Kane over Malkin. He's healthier, he's consistently performed in the playoffs and has contributed to the success of his teams. Give me 2009 Malkin and I'd take him in a second, but I don't think he's around anymore.

ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME WEEP?

Status
Not open for further replies.