• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him in the Metro division. McDavid also not winding up in the eastern conference would be good.

Go Yotes Go!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUF should not get him because, well, Derek Roy played there.

ARI Should not get him because it's Ari-fucking-zona.

EDM Shouldn't because they've had 218 1st overall picks and haven't done shit. Plus Derek Roy.

TOR Should not get him because the media, the fans, Gardiner traffic and Dion will corrupt him. Plus Kessel may eat him.

I think we can all agree that he needs to come to Columbus. Good beer, lots of college girls and Nick Foligno promised a cup next year.
All these things are being taken care of - the media has promised to chill during the rebuild, the fans have signed an affidavit to chant his name even if he is solely responsible for 8 goals against per game, they're likely voting to tear down the Gardiner later this Spring, and Dion/Phil are being shown the exit to make way for the new triumvirate of Brown-McDavid-Nylander! Did I mention he and Brown are BFF's?

Also, he wants to be here: McDavid says being a Leaf would be a 'dream come true' | Toronto Maple Leafs | S

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUF should not get him because, well, Derek Roy played there.

ARI Should not get him because it's Ari-fucking-zona.

EDM Shouldn't because they've had 218 1st overall picks and haven't done shit. Plus Derek Roy.

TOR Should not get him because the media, the fans, Gardiner traffic and Dion will corrupt him. Plus Kessel may eat him.

I think we can all agree that he needs to come to Columbus. Good beer, lots of college girls and Nick Foligno promised a cup next year.

All valid points except any team that wins 12 out of 13 or whatever that ridiculous run was does not need Saint Connor.

Columbus in 14-15 reminds me of every-fricking-horse-I-have-ever-bet-on-in-the-Kentucky-Derby. A game run at the end, but let the leaders get way too far out in front to make a late charge feasible.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Edmonton - they're losers either way.
Toronto could be too if a team below them moves up. There is a gulf of difference between the top-4 "sure things" and the rest. There's still quality talent, but it's far more hit-or-miss than can't miss.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these things are being taken care of - the media has promised to chill during the rebuild, the fans have signed an affidavit to chant his name even if he is solely responsible for 8 goals against per game, they're likely voting to tear down the Gardiner later this Spring, and Dion/Phil are being shown the exit to make way for the new triumvirate of Brown-McDavid-Nylander! Did I mention he and Brown are BFF's?

Also, he wants to be here: McDavid says being a Leaf would be a 'dream come true' | Toronto Maple Leafs | S

Lindros also said it would be a dream come true.

And if they tore down the Gardiner, traffic jams would be measured in years as opposed to the weeks they are measured in now.

All valid points except any team that wins 12 out of 13 or whatever that ridiculous run was does not need Saint Connor.

Columbus in 14-15 reminds me of every-fricking-horse-I-have-ever-bet-on-in-the-Kentucky-Derby. A game run at the end, but let the leaders get way too far out in front to make a late charge feasible.

Need? no. Would give him the best chance to erase Lizard lips Crosby from all the "youngest to do _____" lists? YES.

And we can all agree that will benefit the entire world positively. I'll just have to live with it for the good of NHLdom.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindros also said it would be a dream come true.
And he nearly ruined his career trying to get here! Never underestimate the draw of the centre of the universe.

And if they tore down the Gardiner, traffic jams would be measured in years as opposed to the weeks they are measured in now.
They're tunnelling portions and widening Lake Shore. It's much needed - the thing is literally crumbling by the day and is ugly as all bloody hell. It's only a matter of time before it pulls a West Side Highway.

And besides, he can just live downtown like the rest of us. Other than for work or visiting family in the burbs it's a non-existent artery to me.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the Oilers are in love with Lawson Crouse? I just think he has the most bust potential of any of the top rated picks (wasn't too impressed with him at the WJHC tourney).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the Oilers are in love with Lawson Crouse? I just think he has the most bust potential of any of the top rated picks (wasn't too impressed with him at the WJHC tourney).
I wish. I'm so scared the Leafs are gonna take him :/

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto could be too if a team below them moves up. There is a gulf of difference between the top-4 "sure things" and the rest. There's still quality talent, but it's far more hit-or-miss than can't miss.

I'm fine with any of McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Marner and Strome. In fact I'd be very willing to trade down from 4 to 5 for the right package, or even 6 if someone screws the pooch and takes Crouse in the top 5.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with any of McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Marner and Strome. In fact I'd be very willing to trade down from 4 to 5 for the right package, or even 6 if someone screws the pooch and takes Crouse in the top 5.

Would you trade up to get Eichel (assuming we remain in the #4 position)?

johnny_corbeau

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell my wife but I think I have a new girlfriend, or at least one I want to pursue. The other day when I was coming back from lunch I saw a car with a Habs sticker on the back. Its rare but not too uncommon. Then I saw the license plate and it was "HABSIN7". Then I passed by I saw it was a relatively pretty blonde driving.* I debated crashing into her so I could get her number but I thought that would be odd and creepy. So instead I bribed an officer friend to give me her address and I am sitting outside her house now.

*everything before this is true

OMG, I was actually practicing my French on CD (for a another trip to Montreal), cruising west on Rte. 100. I saw the license plate and was like, did I REALLY see that?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade up to get Eichel (assuming we remain in the #4 position)?

Probably not for what I suspect it would cost. It doesn't seem to me like either Buffalo or Arizona will be keen on trading down, I suspect they'd have to be massively overwhelmed. And this Leaf team already has too many holes and not enough prospects, so dealing multiple high picks/useful young pieces (I suspect they'd ask for Rielly as part of the package too) like I think they'd have to doesn't really appeal to me that much anyway.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm way behind but just got around to watching "Of Miracles and Men" (the lack of hockey was killing me tonight), great stuff.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HBO documentary "Do You Believe In Miracles" is still the best in my book.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Marner. He's skilled as hell but he's also very small and essentially serves the same function as Nylander. I think they need to get either a C or a D out of that pick.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Marner. He's skilled as hell but he's also very small and essentially serves the same function as Nylander. I think they need to get either a C or a D out of that pick.

In all honesty I have more reservations about Strome than I do about Marner, because I think you pretty much need to be a pretty good skater to be a star in this league now. Is Strome going to become that (or be smart/good enough elsewhere for it not to matter)? He might, but I'm not sold on that at all. Plus I also worry about his numbers not coming against top defensive units, although he did do fine during the brief stretch that McDavid was out. And I'd try and play Marner (and Nylander for that matter) at centre anyway, until they made it obvious that it wasn't going to work.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel the same way. Here's hoping the Leafs have somehow re-kindled their love for size and truculence. He could be the next Loochbag (Lucic)!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.