• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when is lundquist expected back for the rangers?

According to some Rangers fans he'll be back when he gets the sand out of his flabby Swedish woman parts and disobeys doctors orders!! It's what men do, except when they shouldn't.

Then Henrik should listen should fucking listen!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to some Rangers fans he'll be back when he gets the sand out of his flabby Swedish woman parts and disobeys doctors orders!! It's what men do, except when they shouldn't.

Then Henrik should listen should fucking listen!!

1297336430883_ORIGINAL.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't make up journalism this bad. The front page of the Ottawa Sun is actually suggesting that Andrew Hammond has supplanted Craig Anderson. Sigh.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't make up journalism this bad. The front page of the Ottawa Sun is actually suggesting that Andrew Hammond has supplanted Craig Anderson. Sigh.

Is there actual content in that thing? Because it sincerely looks like a tabloid.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there actual content in that thing? Because it sincerely looks like a tabloid.

It's Ottawa's "second paper". Tabloid format (book style layout) but the content is so biased and poorly constructed that it's laughable. They also have a "hot" sunshine girl in every issue. Often she is a trainwreck that would cause me to wear latex gloves if I had to wash any plate, bowl or cup that she had used.

Short answer? No, there is no content. Just a bunch of hack journalists who pretend that they DON'T work for a tabloid. It's a disgrace.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Ottawa's "second paper". Tabloid format (book style layout) but the content is so biased and poorly constructed that it's laughable. They also have a "hot" sunshine girl in every issue. Often she is a trainwreck that would cause me to wear latex gloves if I had to wash any plate, bowl or cup that she had used.

Short answer? No, there is no content. Just a bunch of hack journalists who pretend that they DON'T work for a tabloid. It's a disgrace.

This helps me to understand Bruce Garrioch so much more.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean come on!!

Not to judge, because I'm sure she's a lovely person but this is not pinup material.

1297669067582_SG_LARGE_PROFILE.jpg

And let's just say that their assessment of physical beauty is magnitudes of order better than their judgment of journalistic talent.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean come on!!

Not to judge, because I'm sure she's a lovely person but this is not pinup material.

And let's just say that their assessment of physical beauty is magnitudes of order better than their judgment of journalistic talent.

It's also a shoddy picture. She's quite beautiful, but the lighting sucks. I love that they didn't photoshop it, but the angles, etc. don't seem to capture her beauty as well as they probably could.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also a shoddy picture. She's quite beautiful, but the lighting sucks. I love that they didn't photoshop it, but the angles, etc. don't seem to capture her beauty as well as they probably could.

There is also the fact that they think it's a good idea to have a scantily clad girl in a publication that considers itself "serious".

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also the fact that they think it's a good idea to have a scantily clad girl in a publication that considers itself "serious".

So...you're telling me that you don't read Playboy for the articles? Because I have to have a conversation with someone if that's not a thing.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean come on!!

She looks like someone you'd meet in a bar then wake up 12 hours later in a bathtub full of ice missing one or more kidneys.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many threads I could put this in, so I may just cross-post. It deserves it. I probably mattola'd someone.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ng-girl-thanks-jets-fans-meets-team-1.2978123

"Alyx, who was diagnosed with leukemia in July and is going through her sixth round of chemotherapy, was shown on the arena Jumbotron with a poster that said, "Chemo by day, Jets by night."
"Both teams saluted her by banging their sticks on the ice and the crowd gave her a standing ovation. After that game, Jets centreman Jim Slater, who has a young daughter of his own, called Alyx inspiring."

And then, something unexpected — a little boy a few rows ahead of her walked up the stairs and handed her a Jets souvenir hockey stick.
Nine-year-old Keaton Hamin was given a stick by Jet Tyler Myers.
"It was really exciting when I got the sick but right away my instinct knew I had to [give it to] Alyx," said Hamin.
He immediately asked his dad if he could do just that.
"I felt really, really bad for her that she had cancer," said Hamin. "I hoped that she would feel happy and supported by everybody in Winnipeg."

A shocked-looking Alyx turned to her parents as the boy walked back to his seat.
She then went to the boy and wrapped her arms around him, burying her head against him with a loving thanks.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit fans, just a heads up, you are going to have a love/hate relationship with Zidlicky. He can completely control a game, be aggressive on offense, one of the smoothest skaters in the league, has a solid shot and can absolutely make plays happen that have no business of happening.

At the same time his in zone defense can be frightening to watch, he will cough up the puck in the corners and in front of the net and he will, at least 3 times a game, get caught pinching in the offensive zone leading to odd man rushes against you. I guess it comes with the territory of him being almost exclusively an offensive defenseman.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She looks like someone you'd meet in a bar then wake up 12 hours later in a bathtub full of ice missing one or more kidneys.

They're all like that though, the only difference is the number of hours you've got and the number of kidneys they take. And maybe whether or not you have to buy them a pair of shoes or a purse first.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're all like that though, the only difference is the number of hours you've got and the number of kidneys they take. And maybe whether or not you have to buy them a pair of shoes or a purse first.

My limit is 2 kidneys. I never pay more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.