• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of tweets from Roger Millions:

Roger Millions @RogMillions
#Flames Kris Russell - " on Giordano. " we still don't know so we will see tomorrow"

#Flames Bob Hartley on Giordano " Mark is still under evaluation. " We will know later. Would be a game time decision. "

Edit

Hartley " will talk with Brad but we most likely will be recalling a defenceman ( from AHL) #Flames

Doesn't sound too good, hopefully nothing broken.

Keeping the injury status/desparation on the down low until they can swing a deal for 210 :thumb:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@davediehl66: First Kane out 12 weeks and now a divided team after fist fight in the #Blackhawks locker room. There are locker room codes you do not cross
They seem like a team that needs Jaromir Jagr, Michael Ryder, Martin Havlat and Marek Zidlicky

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is one of those codes "you dont sleep with a teammate's wife?" :nono:

Well, Patrick Sharp *did* come from Philly. That's apparently all they do there.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Max Pacioretty get 10 goals in the remaining 21 games? That would make him the team’s first 40-goal scorer since Vincent Damphousse in 1993-’94.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one short story, Pascal captured the essence of everything that is good about hockey and its players.

Wish him a speedy recovery, whether he ever plays again or not. I am now a fan of his.

He's simply fantastic. He's so easy to like, and watching him deal with this so soon after going through ACL surgery has really bummed me out. Outside of the hockey implications, it's just hard to watch some one I honestly (as much as one can as a mere fan from afar) love. When he had his presser after the announcement, and he was near tears...man, it tore me up. This just pushed that even more. I'm just happy that his life/family won out eventually. And his part about his wife questioning him about if he goes back and just ignores it again, and not knowing the answer. Man alive.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one short story, Pascal captured the essence of everything that is good about hockey and its players.

Wish him a speedy recovery, whether he ever plays again or not. I am now a fan of his.
I would argue that, at the same time, he captured the essence of something bad about hockey and its players too.

His unwillingness to share his pain with anyone else, doctors, teammates, even his family, could have gotten him killed.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that, at the same time, he captured the essence of something bad about hockey and its players too.

His unwillingness to share his pain with anyone else, doctors, teammates, even his family, could have gotten him killed.

I think he admits that too. Not sure that he's really promoting the idiocy, certainly doesn't seem proud that he kept it to himself or anything. Even took responsibility saying it wasn't on the Pens medical staff that he played five games with this. I mean, it really was stupid. He KNEW what it was. But he also KNEW that it'd be the end of his year if not more.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he admits that too. Not sure that he's really promoting the idiocy, certainly doesn't seem proud that he kept it to himself or anything. Even took responsibility saying it wasn't on the Pens medical staff that he played five games with this. I mean, it really was stupid. He KNEW what it was. But he also KNEW that it'd be the end of his year if not more.
I agree that he doesn't present it in a positive way, more of a statement of fact that it's just how they're raised in a lot of cases.

That's part of the attitude that needs to change though if real strides towards player safety are going to be made.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's easy for fans to say, "He was dumb for not telling the truth" but you have to realize, these players put a lot of pressure on themselves to succeed, they make lots of money and they are a public figure, and if they feel they can play, 99.9% of the time they will go - that's just how they are wired - maybe the whole attitude and culture has to be changed but if you were a player and you felt you could play, you would probably play

I think anyone calling him stupid or out of line at this point is a bit shortsighted, especially when you weigh all the factors of what these players go through

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he doesn't present it in a positive way, more of a statement of fact that it's just how they're raised in a lot of cases.

That's part of the attitude that needs to change though if real strides towards player safety are going to be made.

Oh, I agree. Athlete's egos are the biggest issue I run into in my field. Concussions are a buzzword for good reason in the league, and while there are certainly cases where it's outwardly obvious, there's also just as many where you can't tell outwardly and it's hard to catch stuff unless guys say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.