• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care much about intentions, since I figure they won't matter much to the surgeon who operates on my knee. If you're reckless with your knee, you deserve whatever you get.

I've been playing this game for over 30 years and I've never gotten a kneeing penalty and/or hit someone knee on knee (whereas I've been hit knee on knee in both non-contact and full contact games quite a few times). I don't think I've just been lucky in that regard.

I don't disagree there. Actions have consequences, no matter how noble your intentions. That's just life. I just know in the NHL's eyes intent means a lot, and I find knee-knees to be a lot harder to read than a flying elbow, etc.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree there. Actions have consequences, no matter how noble your intentions. That's just life. I just know in the NHL's eyes intent means a lot, and I find knee-knees to be a lot harder to read than a flying elbow, etc.

The greatest elbow of all time

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest Russian elbow of all time...

Shane Churla played his junior hockey with the Medicine Hat Tigers :D

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Martin's a sack of crap. He took out Keith Ballard a couple of months ago with a flying elbow, and his latest NHL victim/defenseman is Trevor Daley. Daley did not return to the game after taking this knee on knee hit last night, and it's being reported Daley could miss weeks from this hit.

Martin has a phone call awaiting him to determine his immediate future. The ol wheel O Justice will be spun in Martin's honor.

Yikes, that's pretty bad (as in 4-5 games bad). I wouldn't be opposed to more games, either.

:L

ONE

FUCKING

GAME???

NHL discipline is such a joke.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest Russian elbow of all time...

Shane Churla played his junior hockey with the Medicine Hat Tigers :D
I got this Rock'Em Sock'Em VHS for Christmas that year and watched it until the film was more or less burnt out. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.