• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit to not being a fan of that deal when it happened...but oh man, it was a good deal.

Yep, with the season he's having it makes that contract look like a steal. If he's not the front runner for the Norris, he's certainly in the top three.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, with the season he's having it makes that contract look like a steal. If he's not the front runner for the Norris, he's certainly in the top three.

Only guy standing in his way is Giordano, but he may very well pass him up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we've established two of the three Norris candidates. Who's the third? Doughty, Weber, or Subban?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only guy standing in his way is Giordano, but he may very well pass him up.

I think Weber will get serious consideration yet again and may win it this year given the Preds' success.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bryz has cleared waivers and has been assigned to Norfolk.

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva
#ducks Ilya Bryzgalov n'a pas été réclamé au ballottage // cleared waivers.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bryz has cleared waivers and has been assigned to Norfolk.

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva
#ducks Ilya Bryzgalov n'a pas été réclamé au ballottage // cleared waivers.
It's a big universe...but where in the hell is Norfolk

~ Ilya Bryzgalov

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we've established two of the three Norris candidates. Who's the third? Doughty, Weber, or Subban?

Weber IMO. Subban has been good this year but he hasn't been better than Karlsson, Letang, Weber, Keith or Shattenkirk.

Doughty should not be anywhere near this trophy this year. Fantastic player but every time I watch him play this year he seems to get walked a couple of times at least. If Karlsson (who without a slow start would be very much in the running and maybe should be anyway) or Subban had some of Drew's defensive lapses they'd be tarred and feathered. In fact they are by their respective fanbases. For some reason Doughty gets a pass. I guess a couple of cups will get you that. Nonetheless he's been substantially below his usual standard this year, IMO.

Doughty is all-world but he's been underwhelming to me this year. Maybe he's simply playing too many minutes because of the Kings situation.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruh roh.

Watch out Vorachek and Backstrom...league leaders in points are being taken out, one at a time.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber IMO. Subban has been good this year but he hasn't been better than Karlsson, Letang, Weber, Keith or Shattenkirk.

Doughty should not be anywhere near this trophy this year. Fantastic player but every time I watch him play this year he seems to get walked a couple of times at least. If Karlsson (who without a slow start would be very much in the running and maybe should be anyway) or Subban had some of Drew's defensive lapses they'd be tarred and feathered. In fact they are by their respective fanbases. For some reason Doughty gets a pass. I guess a couple of cups will get you that. Nonetheless he's been substantially below his usual standard this year, IMO.

Doughty is all-world but he's been underwhelming to me this year. Maybe he's simply playing too many minutes because of the Kings situation.
Montreal's defensive stats alone should rule out Subban.

Karlsson will inevitably lose consideration for playing on a bad team, but he has been back up to snuff for the most part.

Agree about Doughty, the Kings' situation has probably made him do too much for one man, even if that one man is one of the best defencemen alive.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruh roh.

Watch out Vorachek and Backstrom...league leaders in points are being taken out, one at a time.
Re-watching the Kane hit,

Ruh roh.

On the same day Derrick Rose is announced out for the season. Tough times in the Chi.

Then again, many of their fans have been calling for the head of Joel Q. Ya know, the guy who recently coached them to 2 Cups in 4 seasons. Maybe they deserve this.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watching the Kane hit,

On the same day Derrick Rose is announced out for the season. Tough times in the Chi.

Then again, many of their fans have been calling for the head of Joel Q. Ya know, the guy who recently coached them to 2 Cups in 4 seasons. Maybe they deserve this.

So let's shift the convo from Norris to Hart now that Kane will likely be out of contention. Who does that leave? Voracek? Backstrom? Crosby? JT? Rinne?.....maybe even Nash or OV?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Petrovic gets the book thrown at him since he injured a superstar and all, but that play was really pretty innocuous. Dangerous perhaps, but clearly no ill intent. And those types of bumps happen all the time.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's shift the convo from Norris to Hart now that Kane will likely be out of contention. Who does that leave? Voracek? Backstrom? Crosby? JT? Rinne?.....maybe even Nash or OV?
I think you may have left out the top candidate: Price.

I know a lot of people don't like having a goalie get the Hart, but look at Montreal's stats and where they are in the standings and you can see that they're nothing without Price.

Regarding other candidates, Voracek doesn't get it unless Philly makes the POs. Right or wrong, that seems to be the requirement.

I doubt Backstrom or OV get consideration since they kind of cancel each other out by both having excellent seasons.

Crosby likely picks up some votes based on name recognition (the same reason people will still give Chara votes for the Norris), but I don't think he's had an MVP caliber season.

I could get behind JT or Rinne, though I think Rinne falls second in the goalie-as-MVP category, so probably doesn't get much consideration.

Otherwise I could see Tarasenko getting some genuine consideration.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinne or Price. I think anybody else is a travesty - guys are barely scoring at above a point-per-game pace this year.

For the sake of argument, if I had to choose a skater for it, I'd go with Tavares or Backstrom, with Voracek getting consideration if Philly sneak in.

Status
Not open for further replies.