• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is official, Nabby calls it quits, Nice gesture that he gets to retire a Shark.

Let us take a moment to appreciate how fucking ridiculous he could be.

Best Russian Goalie ever.

In the NHL.

So far.

Proshchay, Nabby . Spasibo za vospominaniya

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is official, Nabby calls it quits, Nice gesture that he gets to retire a Shark.

Let us take a moment to appreciate how fucking ridiculous he could be.

Best Russian Goalie ever.

In the NHL.

So far.

Proshchay, Nabby . Spasibo za vospominaniya

Given the circumstances, that save on Richards might be the best save I've ever seen.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahem, this cat would like to cast a vote for Nikolai Khabibulin as best Russian goalie to play in the NHL. He out-dueled Kipper in games 6 and 7 of the 2004 Stanley Cup Finals (damn him).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahem, this cat would like to cast a vote for Nikolai Khabibulin as best Russian goalie to play in the NHL. He out-dueled Kipper in games 6 and 7 of the 2004 Stanley Cup Finals (damn him).

Rehabibulin gets my vote too.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tretiak5.jpg

I know he never played in the NHL, but he still is the king of Ruskie goalies. And lol at that tiny equipment, Lundqvist scoffs in this general direction. :)

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this Tretiak fella you mention?

:D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roussel gets two games for a cross-check on Adam McQuaid. This guy has quickly climbed the charts to be one of my most hated guys in the league.

New York, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Dallas Stars forward Antoine Roussel was suspended two games by the NHL on Thursday for a cross-checking incident.

Roussel was assessed a major penalty and a game misconduct for his cross-check of Boston defenceman Adam McQuaid in the first period of Tuesday's game.

Under terms of the collective bargaining agreement, Roussel will forfeit $21,505.38 of salary. The money will go to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're hoping they can get him to get his act together. Murray seems like a take no shit kinda guy (see for example his suspension of Zadorov), so maybe he's right. I hope he's right.

I hope he's right for the Sabres franchise sake because if he's wrong it could be disastrous.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tretiak5.jpg

I know he never played in the NHL, but he still is the king of Ruskie goalies. And lol at that tiny equipment, Lundqvist scoffs in this general direction. :)

Espn did a nice 30 for 30 documentary on the Soviet teams & how hockey began their. Tretiak said he had no idea he'd been drafted by Montreal & when he found out he would have liked to come over. When he was told before the 1984 Olympics it wasn't happening he decided to retire after the Olympic games.

It was sad that just before the 1972 Summit Series the Soviets fired their longtime coach because he refused to play to a tie against the Czechs. The government felt they needed to give the Czechs a goodwill gesture. The coach refused.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tretiak5.jpg

Yup. Back then it wasn't just all about position so your pads filled up the net.

I've got the 1972 Summit series on DVD and when you look at Dryden standing there at 6'4" leaning on his stick, he barely looks like he has any pads on at all. Tony Esposito looked a bit more filled out but he wasn't as tall and was a flopper so his pads got a bit wetter and flatter/fatter...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Back then it wasn't just all about position so your pads filled up the net.

I've got the 1972 Summit series on DVD and when you look at Dryden standing there at 6'4" leaning on his stick, he barely looks like he has any pads on at all. Tony Esposito looked a bit more filled out but he wasn't as tall and was a flopper so his pads got a bit wetter and flatter/fatter...

No one ever says it because Canada won in the end, but Dryden played like shit in that series. Tony O was a little better, but Tretiak outplaying Dryden in games where Canada otherwise outplayed the USSR was a big part of how they ended up in the hole they did.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one ever says it because Canada won in the end, but Dryden played like shit in that series. Tony O was a little better, but Tretiak outplaying Dryden in games where Canada otherwise outplayed the USSR was a big part of how they ended up in the hole they did.
:10::agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.