• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles have Michael Dal Colle they could dangle - he'd be a good fit for either Arizona or Toronto in the future

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles have Michael Dal Colle they could dangle - he'd be a good fit for either Arizona or Toronto in the future

He's their highest rated prospect at forward. With having no 1st rounder coming anytime soon, I can't imagine they'd want to part with him. They thinned the prospect pool out a little bit already by trading a few pieces for Leddy.

My hope is that they stay pat, ride Grabovski and Okposo comes back mid-March. No need to panic.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you trade anybody, you trade Griffin Reinhart for Taylor Hall. Won't happen, but I would love it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's their highest rated prospect at forward. With having no 1st rounder coming anytime soon, I can't imagine they'd want to part with him. They thinned the prospect pool out a little bit already by trading a few pieces for Leddy.

My hope is that they stay pat, ride Grabovski and Okposo comes back mid-March. No need to panic.

Meh. They gotta go for it. East is primed for the taking, you never know what next year brings. Plus Tavares and Kessel would be a straight killer top line, one of the league's best.

Dal Colle and Strome plus a lower prospect smaller would probably get it done. Then the Leafs can draft the other Strome and build from the middle out. NYI has depth at centre so it wouldn't hurt them too bad in the long run, plus they get to keep their pick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On a team with forward depth and some youth, it might be worth parting with him for a guy of Yandle's caliber. I don't think folks realize just how good he actually is due to the market he plays in.

I understand wanting to hold onto prospects, but unless you think you're going to keep Tavares super long-term, this might be your window, and the best year to go for it all. It's that delicate balance of present and future.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a team with forward depth and some youth, it might be worth parting with him for a guy of Yandle's caliber. I don't think folks realize just how good he actually is due to the market he plays in.

I understand wanting to hold onto prospects, but unless you think you're going to keep Tavares super long-term, this might be your window, and the best year to go for it all. It's that delicate balance of present and future.

Yep agreed

I think Michael Dal Colle will be a good one in this league but Keith Yandle is a true stud and while he is a risk taker, imagine the things he could do on a team like the Islanders?

Besides, the Isles have a lot of good defensive prospects too so if they get Yandle, they can always swap one of those younger d-men for more help at forward or high picks or whatever it may be

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep agreed

I think Michael Dal Colle will be a good one in this league but Keith Yandle is a true stud and while he is a risk taker, imagine the things he could do on a team like the Islanders?

Besides, the Isles have a lot of good defensive prospects too so if they get Yandle, they can always swap one of those younger d-men for more help at forward or high picks or whatever it may be

All of this said, I really hope the Isles don't go that direction. They'd be scary good with Yandle feeding their speedy, skilled forwards on the rush, and I don't like that thought. :nod:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. They gotta go for it. East is primed for the taking, you never know what next year brings. Plus Tavares and Kessel would be a straight killer top line, one of the league's best.

Dal Colle and Strome plus a lower prospect smaller would probably get it done. Then the Leafs can draft the other Strome and build from the middle out. NYI has depth at centre so it wouldn't hurt them too bad in the long run, plus they get to keep their pick.

I approve this message.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Avalanche 20m20 minutes ago
BREAKING: Erik Johnson out for 3-8 weeks following a knee scope.

STORY: Johnson Out 3-8 Weeks With Knee Injury - Colorado Avalanche - News

And Malkin to the IR for the Pens. Seriously, did everyone just wait until today for this information?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the perfect time for the Flyers to move some of their d-men, with all these guys getting hurt

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Avalanche 20m20 minutes ago
BREAKING: Erik Johnson out for 3-8 weeks following a knee scope.

maxresdefault.jpg

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eight game suspension for Zac Rinaldo

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Proteau is literally THE ABSOLUTE WORST

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a much shorter rap sheet than Carcillo, yet gets two more games. That's NHL math at its finest.

the extra 2 games was probably for his comments after. the NHL is all "oh man we cant have people thinking they intend to injure like this, we better be strong, its too bad he didnt stay quiet"

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proteau is literally THE ABSOLUTE WORST

Sid seems to always give another reason for people not to like him. I guess this is another reason. To be honest, I enjoyed not seeing his face at the ASG and I couldn't care less if he ever goes to another ASG again. The face of the NHL shouldn't be someone who doesn't want to be the face of the NHL.

I enjoyed that guys like Foligno, Johannsen, Toews, Kane, Nash, JT, and Voracek had the spotlight a little more. Good for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid seems to always give another reason for people not to like him. I guess this is another reason. To be honest, I enjoyed not seeing his face at the ASG and I couldn't care less if he ever goes to another ASG again. The face of the NHL shouldn't be someone who doesn't want to be the face of the NHL.

I enjoyed that guys like Foligno, Johannsen, Toews, Kane, Nash, JT, and Voracek had the spotlight a little more. Good for them.

Of any list I have of reasons to dislike Crosby, his lack of All Star Game participation not only doesn't make the list, it actually makes him somewhat more. Fuck the ASG.

Status
Not open for further replies.