• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Analytics even Bruins fans can understand

Zing!

I think the biggest thing that has helped me with understanding analytics better is putting it into a visual. Those bubble charts help tremendously. Even if you don't fully understand the concepts, you just need to know that you want to be further to the right, blue, bigger circle, etc. Or the team possession stuff with the charts. Helps incredibly. Clearly I'm a visual learner, hah.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcement from the Blue Jackets is that Bobrovsky will not be available for the ASG with a lower body injury and they have not yet set a timetable for his return.

As I understand it, and the team did not state this, but Bob is having a second opinion MRI today.

That's something torn. If it was a muscle strain, they could have put a timetable on it, even if it was weeks. I think they just don't want to say it and cast a cloud over the All Star Game. I would bet my last dollar that they announce on Monday he's done for the year.

THNs take:
With Bobrovsky hurt, time for Columbus to trade for the future | The Hockey News

I agree and disagree. They already have assets for the future, what they don't have is necessarily the *right* assets. There are four guys I would say can be dangled on the trade market to patch up two glaring holes - top six sniper (with experience) and a more reliable backup. That's it. And if they wind up with a top 5 pick, then fine. I have come to terms with it. I am not what you'd call happy about it, but I accept the fate.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All star weekend this weekend, fantasy draft tomorrow night, should be a good 1, first All Star Game in 3 yrs.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcement from the Blue Jackets is that Bobrovsky will not be available for the ASG with a lower body injury and they have not yet set a timetable for his return.

As I understand it, and the team did not state this, but Bob is having a second opinion MRI today.

That's something torn. If it was a muscle strain, they could have put a timetable on it, even if it was weeks. I think they just don't want to say it and cast a cloud over the All Star Game. I would bet my last dollar that they announce on Monday he's done for the year.

THNs take:
With Bobrovsky hurt, time for Columbus to trade for the future | The Hockey News

I agree and disagree. They already have assets for the future, what they don't have is necessarily the *right* assets. There are four guys I would say can be dangled on the trade market to patch up two glaring holes - top six sniper (with experience) and a more reliable backup. That's it. And if they wind up with a top 5 pick, then fine. I have come to terms with it. I am not what you'd call happy about it, but I accept the fate.

Yeah, sorry bud. Second opinion means you didn't like the first one. Honestly, my guess is that there's a significant tear and the word "surgery" was thrown about.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, it's better than I thought. I was truly expecting it to be season ending.

Buffalo and Edmonton, we're comin' for ya.

New Jackets slogan: EMBRACE DISGRACE

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's just long enough for him to come back when CBJ is bottoming out and start them on a winning streak to 20th place.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pfft...bring it on. You've already got a 12 point headstart (plus two games in hand) and we've lost 11 straight. Good luck catching this train wreck.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft...bring it on. You've already got a 12 point headstart (plus two games in hand) and we've lost 11 straight. Good luck catching this train wreck.

1297361827048_ORIGINAL.jpg

Challenge accepted.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if you can close a 16 point gap with 34/35 games remaining, you deserve McDavid/Eichel.

Knowing the Leafs, they'd wind up losing the lottery and dropping down to 3rd.

Really curious as to why the league hasn't rigged the damn ping pong balls in the Leafs' favour yet. A superstar in Toronto would earn the league more in revenue than the entire Pacific Division does!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing the Leafs, they'd wind up losing the lottery and dropping down to 3rd.

Really curious as to why the league hasn't rigged the damn ping pong balls in the Leafs' favour yet. A superstar in Toronto would earn the league more in revenue than the entire Pacific Division does!

Because they don't need it.

Toronto is going to blow every other team out of the water in annual revenues with a superstar or without. The league prefers to rig things in favo(u)r of struggling teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.