• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they don't need it.

Toronto is going to blow every other team out of the water in annual revenues with a superstar or without. The league prefers to rig things in favo(u)r of struggling teams.

Yeah but the strugglers get the added revenue sharing $$$, no?

At this point I think you could put Wayne Mario and Bobby in their primes for league minimum on the Phoenix' Miamis Anaheims and Jerseys of the world and those teams will still struggle to bring in cheese.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just long enough for him to come back when CBJ is bottoming out and start them on a winning streak to 20th place.

Quiet you

Pfft...bring it on. You've already got a 12 point headstart (plus two games in hand) and we've lost 11 straight. Good luck catching this train wreck.

I'd be okay finishing bottom (top?) two. Win the lottery = awesome. Picking second = equally awesome.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to finish dead last to have a guarantee of at least the #2 pick though.

Feels to me like Buffalo will win this lottery. They can go to last, win lottery and pick first, CBJ pick second. And if Jarmo can Jedi Mind Trick MacT, the CBJ can pick third too. :D

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels to me like Buffalo will win this lottery. They can go to last, win lottery and pick first, CBJ pick second. And if Jarmo can Jedi Mind Trick MacT, the CBJ can pick third too. :D

CBJ gets 3rd or 4th pick, with the Leafs taking the other, Leafs trade JVR or Kessel to CBJ for pick + prospect, Leafs draft Strome and Hanifin, win Cup in 3 years. Profit!

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBJ gets 3rd or 4th pick, with the Leafs taking the other, Leafs trade JVR or Kessel to CBJ for pick + prospect, Leafs draft Strome and Hanifin, win Cup in 3 years. Profit!

By "prospect" you mean Jared Boll, right?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By "prospect" you mean Jared Boll, right?

If the Leafs had to take his contract off CBJ's hands in return for a top 4 pick and another prospect, I'd be fine with it. If the Leafs do this right, they won't be competing next season anyway and will only be taking the first steps towards respectability the season after so why not?

Same reason I don't care about keeping Clarkson around for now - his value can't go any lower, so why not stick him on the first line with Kadri and Nylander and see if maybe he can get something going? They're going to need a few big contracts to make the cap floor after trading everybody anyway.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SensChirp - Senators Approach Deadline as Selective Buyers

I would still classify it as a rumour at this point (a fairly strong one though) but word is the Senators put together an offer for Edmonton Oiler forward Taylor Hall. Robin Lehner was believed to be part of the package going the other way. Deals like that don’t usually get done during the season though. From Edmonton’s perspective, they would be wise to wait until the summer when more teams could make a serious pitch. Then again, the Oilers aren’t usually known for their sound decision-making.

Don't know who this guy is, but I will say this; Trading Lehner is something the Sens could regret.

And I am not sure how interested Edm is in letting Hall go. Eberle and Yak, sure. But I doubt they want to let Hall get away.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@OtherNHLCrosby 4m4 minutes ago
Big hit to the team the #Pens are chasing: Capuano says Kyle Okposo out 6-8 weeks with an upper-body injury.

Oooof

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big hit to the team the #Pens are chasing: Capuano says Kyle Okposo out 6-8 weeks with an upper-body injury.

Oooof

Yep. Sure does hurt but Grabovski is coming off IR. Thank goodness for depth. The thing I wonder about is if this changes Garth's deadline approach.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oooof

This gets interesting now - I'm thinking they'll be aggressive in the trade front now

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Sure does hurt but Grabovski is coming off IR. Thank goodness for depth. The thing I wonder about is if this changes Garth's deadline approach.

Gotta think they go after a forward now. They're playing too well to not be aggressive at the deadline.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dfeschuk 1m1 minute ago
Hearing Dion Phaneuf missed practice today with a hand injury and is expected to be out a while, per NHL source. #leafs

What the heck...was everyone waiting until after break to announce these?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think they go after a forward now. They're playing too well to not be aggressive at the deadline.

They should do a package deal with the Coyotes and get Yandle AND Vermette - I was going to say Boedker but he's out for a little while - it gives the Isles another puck moving d-man that provides plenty of offense and a versatile forward who can give them some offense down the middle

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should do a package deal with the Coyotes and get Yandle AND Vermette - I was going to say Boedker but he's out for a little while - it gives the Isles another puck moving d-man that provides plenty of offense and a versatile forward who can give them some offense down the middle

I don't know enough about the Isles prospect depth to really get into it...but it'd take a lot to pry Yandle away from the Yotes.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the cap space.

Indeed they do. This gives them a lot of options now. I wouldn't be surprised if they just roll with Grabovski though. They already had a surplus at forward. If they brought on someone like Kessell or JVR, they'd like have to trade a roster player.

Status
Not open for further replies.