• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Boston's forward corps after this season I don't really see why he would even bother. It's going to be him, Hall's corpse, whatever Marchand has left in the tank and Charlie fucking Coyle lol

Their prospect cupboard is a black hole too, the last decent player to come through it was McAvoy and he was selected in 2016, none of their picks from 2018-2020 have played a game in the NHL and they've only had 1 first round pick in the past three years. Test the market dude.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d9mq69h.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be one of the worst offseasons I’ve ever seen a team have.

Now watch them make the Cup Final lol

Well, they do still have a pretty good goalie and there is talent on the roster. That's a tough division they play in though.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now now, plenty of teams from Canada have made the Cup final in the 2000s- They just haven't been able to close things out.

The best strategy I can advise is "play Vegas in the Finals." 100% of the major professional sports franchises that have faced a Las Vegas team in the championship of that league have won. It's a tough one to plan out though from a GM perspective.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best strategy I can advise is "play Vegas in the Finals." 100% of the major professional sports franchises that have faced a Las Vegas team in the championship of that league have won. It's a tough one to plan out though from a GM perspective.
The Connecticut Sun are hoping that doesn't change this month!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they do still have a pretty good goalie and there is talent on the roster. That's a tough division they play in though.
Jets were actually pretty good against their own division - 14-6-6. Only team that took more points in that division was STL. What killed them was they were garbage against the East.

Hellebuyck's sv% last three seasons - .922, .916, .910. Jets have been in the bottom third in terms of SA/GP during that period so it's not all on him but, ya know, so have the Ducks and look what's happened to John Gibson. They're rolling back the same D so unless Heinola makes the jump and immediately shows to be a star I wouldn't bet on that changing.

The rest of the team, meh. Kyle Connor's one of the best scorers in the league, Ehlers is Willy Nylander's twin (for good and bad), Dubois is...still there, I guess, Scheifele is a good 1C but isn't the star the Sportsnet crowd seem to think he is. Third line will be better with Appleton back. Is that enough to make up an 8 pt gap to the playoffs and fend off teams like Vancouver and Vegas who think they'll be better?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - might as well have been part of the press release

Dreger is taking a pounding on twitter today for the above tweet and I love it. He's all about not burning his precious insider access.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger is taking a pounding on twitter today for the above tweet and I love it. He's all about not burning his precious insider access.
Remember when all these fucks were like "we have to do better and we will" after the Blackhawks scandal and then like 5 months later Hockey Canada was imploding and it was the same people who broke the Hawks scandal doing all the actual reporting while these guys were telling us it would take a 4th rounder to pry Tyler Pitlick outta Seattle?