• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to enjoy the narrative around this all next year. I am already annoyed at Blue Jackets fans on Tweeter and Reddit saying that we should hope the Hawks win the lottery and pick 2nd or first and keep the pick this year because next year's pick could be Connor Bedard.

Yeah, and Shane Wright or Logan Cooley could drag the Hawks into the playoffs, especially if they sign a goalie.

We hold 6 and 12 right now and I would prefer we just go for it now. Any one of Geekie, Savoie, Nemec or Jiricek would help us tremendously. 2 of them would be a huge haul.

As for next year, we have like 165 middle six forwards. Trade all of them but Foudy, Sillinger and Bjorkstrand for what we need. Not saying I wouldn't love Bedard. And if the stars aligned and he came here it would be awesome. But it's a fool's errand to try and engineer it to happen. 31 other teams will be trying to land him. Plan for what you can control, and hope for what you can't.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to enjoy the narrative around this all next year. I am already annoyed at Blue Jackets fans on Tweeter and Reddit saying that we should hope the Hawks win the lottery and pick 2nd or first and keep the pick this year because next year's pick could be Connor Bedard.

Yeah, and Shane Wright or Logan Cooley could drag the Hawks into the playoffs, especially if they sign a goalie.

We hold 6 and 12 right now and I would prefer we just go for it now. Any one of Geekie, Savoie, Nemec or Jiricek would help us tremendously. 2 of them would be a huge haul.

As for next year, we have like 165 middle six forwards. Trade all of them but Foudy, Sillinger and Bjorkstrand for what we need. Not saying I wouldn't love Bedard. And if the stars aligned and he came here it would be awesome. But it's a fool's errand to try and engineer it to happen. 31 other teams will be trying to land him. Plan for what you can control, and hope for what you can't.

You know without a shadow of a doubt he will be a Coyote....

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, we all know what happens when a highly touted kid named Connor goes into the draft.

Welcome to Edmonton kid.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, it’s beyond the Jackets’ control but I don’t see any reality where Chicago isn’t a bottom feeder next season. They kind of have to trade Kane, and probably should trade DeBrincat. Strome will probably be attractive to some. Hell, they should probably be looking at trading Jones.

Playing the percentages, they are far more likely to find 2 or 3 good players with multiple first round picks next year than they are likely to win one of the top two picks even if they finish dead last (which isn’t certain even if they clean house - AZ is still terrible, Montreal may do similar, Seattle still sucks and you never know who else might fall the hell off).

If they do literally anything else they’re just shooting themselves in the foot.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, we all know what happens when a highly touted kid named Connor goes into the draft.

Welcome to Edmonton kid.

The irony of missing out on the first Connor back in the 2015 entry draft only to trade away the guy they selected in that entry draft and now potentially having too good of a team to land the second Connor. Is this the life of a Sabres fan?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all in the plans

Lemieux - 1984
Crosby - 2005
Bedard - 2023

I just need some weird conspiracy theory to make the numbers work.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all in the plans

Lemieux - 1984
Crosby - 2005
Bedard - 2023

I just need some weird conspiracy theory to make the numbers work.

LCB stands for liquor control board, maybe all you need is a stiff drink :D

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of missing out on the first Connor back in the 2015 entry draft only to trade away the guy they selected in that entry draft and now potentially having too good of a team to land the second Connor. Is this the life of a Sabres fan?
I would describe it as much more of a life of sadness and disappointment than irony.