• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a little high on the Ducks - they are a couple of seasons away from being a bottom dweller. They should be included with the Sharks.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why he has the Kraken that low - Does he think last season was a mirage?
He has irrational hatred for random teams. And a little too much love for others.

The Blue Jackets are one he just flat out hates. He can never say anything positive. Granted, I don't think they get into the playoffs myself. But they should be better than lottery again unless the injury train runs roughshod on us again. Kraken should be higher and we should be where they are.

And if we stabilize goaltending then we can challenge for wild card in a classic "if we were not in the murderer's row division" kind of way.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has irrational hatred for random teams. And a little too much love for others.

The Blue Jackets are one he just flat out hates. He can never say anything positive. Granted, I don't think they get into the playoffs myself. But they should be better than lottery again unless the injury train runs roughshod on us again. Kraken should be higher and we should be where they are.

And if we stabilize goaltending then we can challenge for wild card in a classic "if we were not in the murderer's row division" kind of way.
in that same vein, I think he has Canucks as insiders because he doesnt want to feel the wraith of the Canucks twitter yet again lol ... ie what Dom faced when he called Quinn Hughes a "tier 3 player" recently

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even the greatest goalie to wear that uniform.
I was a big fan of Jeff Hackett too.

This is a great shot. Habs mask, Bruins uniform, Flyers card.
Hackett_1.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A much better take then the hot mess that comes from ESPN

I think BOS is a bit high here, but otherwise a reasonable tiering.

Agreed. I think Buffalo should be a bit higher (take some points from Boston) but otherwise it's pretty reasonable.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtesy of Dom at The Athletic...

F7r9DcBXMAA4q5R
Whoever made this list I guess hasn't looked at the Penguins roster.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took that LONG to get those deals done for Drysdale and Zegras. Seems like no brainer moves that should have been done months ago.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtesy of Dom at The Athletic...

F7r9DcBXMAA4q5R
Seems about right. I'm a bit higher on the Caps this year than most, and lower on the Canucks than they are here but not by much.

Same shit for Seattle, I don't quite understand all the hype around them based on last season. They're the Canucks with a worse Quinn Hughes, a worse Petey and what should be an incredibly worse starting goalie. The only edge they have on them is they have an RD1 whereas the Canucks just asked me to play alongside Hughes for 5 minutes a game next week.

And I'm sorry but you can't call the Oilers Cup favourites because they signed Connor Brown you just fucking can't. They have one functional blue line pairing and a nightmare in goal and if the offence could outscore their defensive problems they would've won a Cup by now. The only other team who should be up there with the Canes is Vegas and maybe Dallas.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy Hackett >Jeff Hackett
Two fun Jeff Hackett stories. He was the goalie for the Habs in DC at a game I went to. At one point he could not open his water bottle and was having a fit. Finally someone went over to help him so he could get a drink. There were maybe 10 seconds left in the game/period.

Another one is more of a sportscaster story. When Hackett was with the Habs they were awful but got on a hot streak and got close at the end to a playoff spot. (I think they lost out on the last day when they lost to the Senators) They needed to pick up some wins on the season ending road trip to qualify and they had a game in Detroit that ESPN showed. Melrose said Jeff Hackett was the key. All throughout the game Melrose said Hackett was keeping them in the game. They finally lost in OT but got the point so Melrose credited Jeff Hackett for having them steal a point. They lost 6-5, when teams really didn't score like that. :) He had to keep selling his point of view.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two fun Jeff Hackett stories. He was the goalie for the Habs in DC at a game I went to. At one point he could not open his water bottle and was having a fit. Finally someone went over to help him so he could get a drink. There were maybe 10 seconds left in the game/period.

Another one is more of a sportscaster story. When Hackett was with the Habs they were awful but got on a hot streak and got close at the end to a playoff spot. (I think they lost out on the last day when they lost to the Senators) They needed to pick up some wins on the season ending road trip to qualify and they had a game in Detroit that ESPN showed. Melrose said Jeff Hackett was the key. All throughout the game Melrose said Hackett was keeping them in the game. They finally lost in OT but got the point so Melrose credited Jeff Hackett for having them steal a point. They lost 6-5, when teams really didn't score like that. :) He had to keep selling his point of view.

Hackett is a top 5 goalie of all-time. Motherfucker had a 2.39 GAA with the Flyers one year. THE FLYERS!!!