• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent seen him play, and selectively choosing 15 games seems a bit arbitrary.

I do note that only one player (Stutzle) from that draft has scored more goals so far

I feel like the Rangers are not doing a good job of developing their young guys. Kaako was a 2nd overall pick too and has not produced much (good defensive forward from what I've seen though). It could be that Laf just needs a change of scenery. Certainly drifting into bust (for a 1OA pick) territory though.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s a draft pick?!?
I know people will say the trade off was winning those cups. Well all well and good but that was ancient history now. :D

Anyway looking at the Penguins last picks who had any substantial time in the NHL:

Daniel Sprong
Dominik Simon
Kasperi Kapanen
Sam Lafferty

Those 4 would be a great 3rd/4th line for a Swiss-B team.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Rangers are not doing a good job of developing their young guys. Kaako was a 2nd overall pick too and has not produced much (good defensive forward from what I've seen though). It could be that Laf just needs a change of scenery. Certainly drifting into bust (for a 1OA pick) territory though.
This is the thing. Rangers always was to go after the shiny free agent or trade for another big veteran. Look at their draft history. Since 2014 outside Laf and Kakko the only above average NHL talent they have drafted is Shesty and Ke'Andre miller. Nine years.

Now, part of that is because they trade draft picks for said vets so vicious circle and all that.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched a period of Spencer Martin hockey.

I understand why he was on waivers now. Slow of foot, can't put his stick on the ice if his life depended on it, and seems to believe the posts are 11 feet apart.
Well if Buttman gets his way and expands the NHL even more. Martin might be a starting goalie in the NHL soon enough. :L

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the thing. Rangers always was to go after the shiny free agent or trade for another big veteran. Look at their draft history. Since 2014 outside Laf and Kakko the only above average NHL talent they have drafted is Shesty and Ke'Andre miller. Nine years.

Now, part of that is because they trade draft picks for said vets so vicious circle and all that.
I’d take Chytil in a heartbeat over Lafreniere and Kakko

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Buttman gets his way and expands the NHL even more. Martin might be a starting goalie in the NHL soon enough. :L
If Elvis can't get out of his own way, Martin could be a starting goalie in a few weeks.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair. Maybe he plays down to the Jackets level when we play them but he hasn't blown me away in any games I've watched.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people will say the trade off was winning those cups. Well all well and good but that was ancient history now. :D
THIS is what ancient history looks like you spoiled brat:

VZIB62XMRRCWPMUVWERLA25FSE

63ea9d56c744f.image.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the same ages they are now I'd take Kakko and Laf over Chytil the Beetle. Two and three years younger respectively. It's close though. I'd like to see what KK and Laf can do with some more offensive opportunity. Chytil is pretty decent though.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same ages they are now I'd take Kakko and Laf over Chytil the Beetle. Two and three years younger respectively. It's close though. I'd like to see what KK and Laf can do with some more offensive opportunity. Chytil is pretty decent though.

Im in agreement that the Rangers have handled him wrong. Sure you have to earn your playing time but Laf is a skill guy and they have Vinnie Trochek on the first unit PP over him. He got more than double the PP time that Laf got. At some point if you want to groom him and help him become the player everybody thinks he should be you have to give him the opportunity to fail and learn from it. Where better than on the PP to give huim some confidence. I think at this point he needs to be moved because he can see its going to be the same old same old when it comes to how the team will use him (although I heard Laviolette will be increasing his pp time so who knows???)

I look at how the Sedins were handled when they came into the league ... Marc Crawford kept running them out there and they sucked and there was so much heat on them but they learned and they became the players they were and took over the team.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3