• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trouba at it again. Right in the numbers

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what goalies are available? Not that I think Elvis is beyond help, but the "fans" have convinced themselves that he is the only thing standing between the Jackets and five straight cups. For his own health and sanity it might be time to let him move on. And we may never have the NHL-ready assets to trade like we have now.

Hellebuyck? Gibson? Ullmark? Markstrom? Don't say Hart. That guy's damaged goods.

Vancouver fans - what is the deal with Spencer Martin? I thought he had a good stretch last year when everything else went off the rails. Is he an NHL goalie or no? Why'd Vancouver give up or was it an odd man out hoping no one would claim him kinda deal?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Vancouver fans - what is the deal with Spencer Martin? I thought he had a good stretch last year when everything else went off the rails. Is he an NHL goalie or no? Why'd Vancouver give up or was it an odd man out hoping no one would claim him kinda deal?
if we knew, he'd still be playing....

was absolutely lights out in his 6 games in desperation at the end of the 21-22 season. 1.74 GAA and a .950 save% stole a bunch of points that the Canucks didn't deserve. (i.e. fucked up our draft position)
had a chance to back up in the 22-23 season and utterly shit the bed. 3.99GAA and .871%
just completely two different goalies.

was OK in Abbotsford last year, but seemed to have lost the net to Svilovs.
not sure if it was his to begin with or not.

in summary, you are welcome to him.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we knew, he'd still be playing....

was absolutely lights out in his 6 games in desperation at the end of the 21-22 season. 1.74 GAA and a .950 save% stole a bunch of points that the Canucks didn't deserve. (i.e. fucked up our draft position)
had a chance to back up in the 22-23 season and utterly shit the bed. 3.99GAA and .871%
just completely two different goalies.

was OK in Abbotsford last year, but seemed to have lost the net to Svilovs.
not sure if it was his to begin with or not.

in summary, you are welcome to him.

He did have a good stretch of games at the start of last season but ended his canucks playing career with 10 straight regulation losses. (Only 2 goalies have done that in the past decade) Tocchet took over and had seen enough. Wasnt all on Martin as he played in Boudreaus no structure system. Never got a shot with tocchets system when they improved drastically defensively.

He didnt show anything in training camp either. Didnt even put up a fight to challenge DeSmith for backup.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. (i.e. fucked up our draft position)

For this

get-out-leave.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone: “BIG JUMP IN THE CAP COMING $$$$”

NHL: “You may all add one John Klingberg.”

/I know it will probably go higher in a year or two and escalate with bigger margins, just funny we spent 4 years on a flat cap and they’re like yeah maybe you can spend 3 or 4 mil more idk depends if Fluten’s Non-Dairy Creamers goes bankrupt or not and how that affects our bottom line.

Meanwhile, in the NBA the Utah Jazz bench depth just bought a PJ.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Jankowski is on waivers today - The Flames should totally....ignore this :D

In 2032 he's going to be the best player from his draft year. You can book it!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A much better take then the hot mess that comes from ESPN

I think BOS is a bit high here, but otherwise a reasonable tiering.

I wonder why he has the Kraken that low - Does he think last season was a mirage?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why he has the Kraken that low - Does he think last season was a mirage?

That was the other ranking I thought might be off a little. He has 19 teams ahead of them. Based on last year, they should be higher. I am not totally sold on them just yet mostly because of goaltending. But anyone who beats the defending champs and takes DAL 7 games has got to be close (if not pencilled in) to a playoff spot.