• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_me4ojfbsvs1ry10fwo1_500.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking at my NHL footprint and expansion corkboard and just had an epiphany.

The location adds up, the numbers add up.

José Miguel Agrelot Coliseum of Puerto Rico is the biggest indoor arena in Puerto Rico.
Capacity 18,500

That's the spot....

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
let's review a few of my pre-season wagers

Canucks - over (Demko back)
Columbus - over (additional of Laine)
Boston - to win Cup
Colorado - to win Cup

there were a few others, but yeah.....

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's review a few of my pre-season wagers

Canucks - over (Demko back)
Columbus - over (additional of Laine)
Boston - to win Cup
Colorado - to win Cup

there were a few others, but yeah.....
I bet Bruce Boudreau to win the Jack Adams. SMH

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy's such a fucking moron - I'd say legit 25% of Niagara Pen/Hamilton hockey fans are Sabres fans. Yeah, block them out Mike.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PSA

Dont bother going to Austin Texas. Shouldnt need to explain, but here is why

The stupid, stupid STUPID bats that live under the Congress Street bridge are one of the worst over-blown, over-hyped, let downs in the history of mankind.

They are tiny, even smaller than the little one Lorentz nailed. You will wait forever to see them, and when they do come out, there is no big killer swarm. And yet, suckers stand out there every freakin day to see them.

Sad.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSA

Dont bother going to Austin Texas. Shouldnt need to explain, but here is why

The stupid, stupid STUPID bats that live under the Congress Street bridge are one of the worst over-blown, over-hyped, let downs in the history of mankind.

They are tiny, even smaller than the little one Lorentz nailed. You will wait forever to see them, and when they do come out, there is no big killer swarm. And yet, suckers stand out there every freakin day to see them.

Sad.
Counterpoint: I was there for a conference and wandered down there and somewhat enjoyed watching all the weirdos who were gathered far more than the bats. Especially the two who were flashing their boobs at each other and taking pictures.

If you got to Austin, go to eat, watch live music and swim in the springs downtown.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you got to Austin, go to eat, watch live music and swim in the springs downtown.

And be careful. Not the safest of towns, esp the downtown area. Its sad, actually.

Barbecue is great, live music rivals Nashville (although the locals get offended if you say it, they say Austin is the Live Music capital of the world). Cannot vouch for the springs though lol.

Stayed at The Driskill back in January. I believe their claim about it being the most haunted hotel in the US. We had some weird stuff happen in our room. Unfortunately the area around there is a little sketchy after dark.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And be careful. Not the safest of towns, esp the downtown area. Its sad, actually.

Barbecue is great, live music rivals Nashville (although the locals get offended if you say it, they say Austin is the Live Music capital of the world). Cannot vouch for the springs though lol.

Stayed at The Driskill back in January. I believe their claim about it being the most haunted hotel in the US. We had some weird stuff happen in our room. Unfortunately the area around there is a little sketchy after dark.
Our conference was right by the convention center, so it was relatively clean. Couple blocks up was 6th street where all the bars and food was. And yeah, pretty sketchy at night. Extremely aggressive homeless population there. Business district and around the statehouse was much nicer. 6th street was fucking crazy, not helped by the fact that it was biker week for part of the time we were there.

Also, the worst traffic I have ever experienced, and I have been to Chicago often. Rush hour started in the 70's and is showing no signs of letting up