• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think how Quinn must be feeling.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
These people are idiots. There are few groups of people dumber than Tebow fans.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These people are idiots. There are few groups of people dumber than Tebow fans.

As a Denver fan (secondary - way secondary), I would rather give Tebow a legit shot also versus continuing to go with a guy that keeps losing games constantly. I think a lot of teh resentment from fans stem over the fact they got rid of Cutler for Orton and picks.

Think as a Denver fan you lose Cutler and Marshall all about the same time. Was not a good spot for Orton to be in, and since being in Denver hasn't done anything to change that intial perception fans have on him.

I would much rather have Dalton over Orton.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Orton is a solid QB, but is not a QB who can take over games. He's more of a game manager who had a really good season last year. That said, Tebow is NOT the answer, rather the focus of a few, probably not knowledgeable, fans.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton is a solid QB, but is not a QB who can take over games. He's more of a game manager who had a really good season last year. That said, Tebow is NOT the answer, rather the focus of a few, probably not knowledgeable, fans.

You absolutely do not know if Tebow is the answer or not unless he is given a chance to prove he isn't. Sitting him on the bench all season in no way can validate if he is not ready to take over that team.

If you are trying for the Andrew Luck sweepstakes though, you stick with Orton and keep Tebow right where he is, as I think Tebow would win Denver more games than Orton this year.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Word from camp/preseason was that Tebow was the 4th best QB on the roster.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's a reason the people in charge in Denver don't even have him listed as the back up. It's obviously not just my opinion.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word from camp/preseason was that Tebow was the 4th best QB on the roster.

I am sorry, I watched Tebow in the games he played last year, there is no way that turd Brady Quinn is even HALF the player Tebow is. Quinn should not even have an NFL job.

Tebow is a good leader, he is athletic, can throw on the run, has some zip to his passes. He is not the right QB for Denvers style offense, but he would make a decent WCO QB in my opinion if they installed that there.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard that in practice Tebow cannot even complete passes against air (no defenders). That he was clearly the worst QB in practice. I know fans want to see what he can do, but you'd have to think that as a new HC you'd lose your team by playing a guy who clearly was being vastly outperformed by the other QB's. I think you start Quinn before you do Tebow. Really though just stick with Orton. He's the best of that crop (kinda like being the smartest guy at community college)

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think he's ever going to be more than a back up QB, if that.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You make it sound like with Tebow, they wouldn't be in the Luck sweepstakes.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one man's trash is another man's treasure, does that mean Carson saved some of the stuff I put on his lawn?

As for Tebow...... Why can't he learn new mechanics. Every scout/coach/gm in the game acknowledges that his throwing motion is too slow for the NFL game, yet he never changed mechanics even after spending an entire offseason working on it. He throws like Byron Leftwich with less accuracy. I wish the kid nothing but the best, but I don't think he's an NFL quarterback.

My question for you Crash is this..... Why do you have so much faith in Tebow and so little in Newton?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one man's trash is another man's treasure, does that mean Carson saved some of the stuff I put on his lawn?

As for Tebow...... Why can't he learn new mechanics. Every scout/coach/gm in the game acknowledges that his throwing motion is too slow for the NFL game, yet he never changed mechanics even after spending an entire offseason working on it. He throws like Byron Leftwich with less accuracy. I wish the kid nothing but the best, but I don't think he's an NFL quarterback.

My question for you Crash is this..... Why do you have so much faith in Tebow and so little in Newton?

I never said I have faith in Tebow. I said you can't annoint him a complete bust unless you give him a chance.

I bang on the Newton bus just to piss off some people. Can't annoint anyone a bust until they are given a legit chance.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Crash. The guy is clearly off his rocker.

Orton is a fine QB. We'd be lucky to have him. Tebow has no business being in the league.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton is a fine QB.

And you call Crash off his rocker? Orton is mediocre at best, terrible at worst......:fencing::fencing::fencing:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Crash. The guy is clearly off his rocker.

Orton is a fine QB. We'd be lucky to have him. Tebow has no business being in the league.

I am sorry, I had to stop reading right there as I couldn't continue reading through the tears of laughter. :rofl:

Maybe Gus Frerotte is available again. Lord knows we can use another LH QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am sorry, I watched Tebow in the games he played last year, there is no way that turd Brady Quinn is even HALF the player Tebow is. Quinn should not even have an NFL job.

Tebow is a good leader, he is athletic, can throw on the run, has some zip to his passes. He is not the right QB for Denvers style offense, but he would make a decent WCO QB in my opinion if they installed that there.

I guess if you really want to believe that, nobody can stop you. But for opinions that actually matter:

“If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy,” one source told Silver. “Kyle [Orton] is far and away the best, and Tebow’s way behind [Brady] Quinn, too. And I’m telling you, Adam Weber is flat-out better right now.”

“Forget about how [Tebow] delivers the ball, or how accurate it is. First he has to know where to go with it.”

Silver confirms the Broncos were willing to trade Kyle Orton to the Dolphins for a third-round pick in late July. Receiver Brandon Lloyd called it a “relief” when Orton stayed put.

“Sometimes the best things that happen to you in life are the things that don’t happen,” one high-ranking official told Silver.

Some Broncos see Tebow as fourth best QB in camp | ProFootballTalk