• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On Stafford's benching

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this where we mention the schedule last year?

That certainly contributes to the gaudiness of the numbers, but just because they were not good teams does not mean that the defenses were terrible. More often then not the bad teams in the NFL have a worse offense then defense.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, right after I posted Birkett tweeted that BQ has no intention of trading Stafford. Really? You dont say? Must be a slow day for Birkett.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That certainly contributes to the gaudiness of the numbers, but just because they were not good teams does not mean that the defenses were terrible. More often then not the bad teams in the NFL have a worse offense then defense.
Like I've always said, it's a QBs Eigth year when you really can start to judge him.

Possibly year nine if he has less than 25 games with his OC. Or year 10 if he's on his third head coach named Jim.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people didnt notice how much better he was under Cooter. Hopefully with a full offseason he not only continues this but gets even better.

I certainly did as he got the most praise from me in 8 games than he did in 7.5 seasons

Seems this Jim and that Jim are getting Stafford to use all his tools together better than the old Jim

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've always said, it's a QBs Eigth year when you really can start to judge him.

Possibly year nine if he has less than 25 games with his OC. Or year 10 if he's on his third head coach named Jim.

We all say this joking, but Staff is only 28. Most QBs are just hitting their prime at that age. His reads are his biggest issue. They were better the second half, but still not great. Hopefully, with a full year with JBC and without Magatron to distract his attention he will be much improved in that area now

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all say this joking, but Staff is only 28. Most QBs are just hitting their prime at that age. His reads are his biggest issue. They were better the second half, but still not great. Hopefully, with a full year with JBC and without Magatron to distract his attention he will be much improved in that area now
I like making fun of his fat ass, I'll admit it.

But seeing things like consistent misses low to underneath recwivers (Lance Moores feet were open early and often.) is a good sign for the future. Missing targets will happen, looking forward to more of those misses not becoming Turnovers. Because that's really Staffs biggest downfall imo.

In all honesty, I EXPECT him to become a better QB without his security blanket CJ.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, right after I posted Birkett tweeted that BQ has no intention of trading Stafford. Really? You dont say? Must be a slow day for Birkett.

The 97.1 the ticket nerds were at it again, wasting BQs time with these silly trade Stafford questions. And these guys wonder why the Lions fired them lol

Only our local losers would actually want us to be more like the Browns. :crazy: