• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oladipo & LaVine restored my faith in the Dunk Contest

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what made the regular dunkers seem ordinary.

What are your thoughts on Amare?

Do the Mavs need him?

Is Charlie V. not getting any time?

The Mavs are still adjusting to the addition of Rondo. Their defense seemed to regress after he joined the team but I believe it will improve over the second half of the season. I'm not sure about Amare.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in game Lavine really hasn't had much of a chance. He's just started and barely plays as of now.

All I know is about two weeks ago the wolves tried a fast break oop and Lavine went over the guy. Problem was the pass wasn't perfect and he jumped TOO HIGH. He's crazy.

He doesn't strike me as the "put you on a poster" type of dunker. Just does crazy impossible-looking shit that looks really smooth when in mid-air on fast breaks, or if he finds an open lane. Just depends on what you prefer I guess. Green is more of a power dunker. They both have unreal vertical leaps... Green has hit his head on the backboard/rim multiple times and I'm sure LaVine has the same problem.

Btw, Green hardly ever got ANY consistent minutes throughout his career until last year when Bledsoe went down. He's bounced around quite a bit but still has a pretty good in-game reel.

Random thought: Wolves are going to be scary good in a couple years. Dieng is pretty underrated and has had a hell of a year. Wanted the Suns to draft him badly. Him, Wiggins, LaVine and their other young guys are going to be special.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't strike me as the "put you on a poster" type of dunker. Just does crazy impossible-looking shit that looks really smooth when in mid-air on fast breaks, or if he finds an open lane. Just depends on what you prefer I guess. Green is more of a power dunker. They both have unreal vertical leaps... Green has hit his head on the backboard/rim multiple times and I'm sure LaVine has the same problem.

Btw, Green hardly ever got ANY consistent minutes throughout his career until last year when Bledsoe went down. He's bounced around quite a bit but still has a pretty good in-game reel.

Random thought: Wolves are going to be scary good in a couple years. Dieng is pretty underrated and has had a hell of a year. Wanted the Suns to draft him badly. Him, Wiggins, LaVine and their other young guys are going to be special.
On the spot sting. Green can throw down some crazy in game dunks and has no conscience. LaVine is a highflyer but more finesse than green. They are different types of Dunkers but very similar as well. Green has some finesse too which makes me give him the edge.

Agree the Wolves have a ton of young talent as well.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Rubio is the perfect pg to pair with these high-flyers.

They should trade Pek, trade Martin and go with the Youth Movement.

Thad is out...we all know that.

Rubio, Lavine, Dieng, Shabazz, Adrien Payne and GR3....That's alot of young talent if they can reach their potential.

Can we finally say that Bennett is a bust?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kudos to Russell Westbrook- my 2nd favorite player in the league....

no one plays harder on a night to night basis and plays with that edge that he does now that Kobe is fallen off.

he just might be the best athlete in the league too- if not the best right up there with Davis, Bron, and a couple others.

I hope himand KD come out of the West. I cant beieve this guy just turned 26 in November. HE has a lot of time left in this league

he is one of the reasons why i watch the game of basketball and believe the best athletes in the world play in the NBA

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mohammad has been vastly improving as well until he got hurt. I think he's got a nice future.

Whatever big the Wolves end up getting in the lottery should be very good as well unless they get screwed in it again lol.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they don't get Okafor, Towns and Cauley-Stein are both pretty solid. One of those three and they're good.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing these dunkers have going against them is nostolgia.

How can you compete with a dunk someone first saw when they were 15... a dunk they'll never forget first seeing, a dunk that they've seen replayed over and over, year after year, in elevation-enhancing slow-motion?