• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Okung likely headed for IR-designated to return

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple reports out that Okung will be put on Designated IR. Means he can practice in 6 weeks and return in 8 weeks. First game eligible will be Week 11 against Minnesota. However no guarantee he will be ready to play by then.

I am actually slightly relieved. I thought there was a good chance he could be out for the year like Unger a couple of years back.

It sucks because he is one of our key pieces but it is what it is. Cable has been raving about Bowie and Bailey all training camp. Now we will get to see them.

Luckly they didn't put Harvin on Designated IR earlier or else Okung would have been forced to regular IR.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up. Our team can weather this storm.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is great news for our team. It means he could get back soon enough to get in game shape and the line could be in sync and top form for the play-off run. Love that they were smart on the Harvin thing. Somebody did their homework.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news for our team. It means he could get back soon enough to get in game shape and the line could be in sync and top form for the play-off run. Love that they were smart on the Harvin thing. Somebody did their homework.

I certainly wouldn't call it great news, but I see what you're saying. Hopefully whoever is over there protects RW's blindside until Okung is back.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, obviously I didn't mean great in that we lost Okung but that it wasn't the whole season like we were thinking before. My bad, should have chose my words better.:suds:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going to be over there on the left side?

I would guess McQuistan at this point. He has the most experience and did a decent job after Aldon blew by him a couple times. If any of the youngsters step up, then there may be a competition for the spot.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping he'd be back for the Houston/Indy games, but as long as he's not gone for the season, I can deal with that.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most likely, McQ. Carp has played RT, maybe he might slide to the left. Bailey/Bowie project might have a shot.
TE/RB/FB to chip a defender and rolling out to the right could be effective counter moves.
We will be ok as long as we don't lose much more on our starting OL.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mcquistin will get the 1st shot there no doubt. I think with a week of practice there he will look better. However at the end of the day he is more of G.
Alvin Bailey is more of a natural tackle and that's who I hope is the eventual replacement. He obviously has no experience tho being an undrafted rookie. My hope is we have a comfortable lead in the 2nd half and can have him take snaps there. He did good in preseason although against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Mcquistin will have the job for at least a few weeks.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very bad news. That's our pro-bowl LT that we just lost for a good chunk at the minimum for our season.

Pray he can come back this season.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good call because the alternative would be him sitting out a few games, returning after a few weeks and trying to play through it when it's not even close to fully healed; which could not only land him on regular IR shortly thereafter anyway, but would also definitely hurt the team by having a hobbled left tackle protecting Wilson.

Putting him on temporary IR eliminates that temptation and gives the Seahawks a chance to get someone in there who is not only healthy, but who isn't constantly looking over his shoulder in anticipation of Okung's return every week. It sucks to lose Okung for any amount of games, but I'd rather have him sitting out for 6 weeks now than have him back out there in two or three weeks and risking further injury and a trip to regular IR, causing him to miss the stretch-run and the playoffs.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games to watch out for during the next 8 because of the LT situation are @ Houston (JJ Watt), @ St. Louis (Good D Line Long and Quinn) and possibly @ Atlanta (Osi Umineyora).

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games to watch out for during the next 8 because of the LT situation are @ Houston (JJ Watt), @ St. Louis (Good D Line Long and Quinn) and possibly @ Atlanta (Osi Umineyora).

Yep... Hopefully by then who-ever is filling in get's some playing time under there belt so they shake any rust that might be there... I understood the difficulty vs the 49rs being stuffed in there ...Game speed is allot faster than practice ...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this injury would be more dire if we were 1-1 headed into this week's game with the prospects of Houston and Indy looming. We could have been looking at a 2-3 start after the road trip

Now having beaten San Fran and most likely beating Jacksonville this week...we are going to be 3-0 heading into that road trip and I think worst case scenario we split the two games and come out of it 4-1.

After that we have 3 very winnable games and we could potentially come out of it 7-1...at worst 6-2. By then Okung should be only a few weeks away from returning and Percy should be (hopefully) close to returning as well.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this injury would be more dire if we were 1-1 headed into this week's game with the prospects of Houston and Indy looming. We could have been looking at a 2-3 start after the road trip

Now having beaten San Fran and most likely beating Jacksonville this week...we are going to be 3-0 heading into that road trip and I think worst case scenario we split the two games and come out of it 4-1.

After that we have 3 very winnable games and we could potentially come out of it 7-1...at worst 6-2. By then Okung should be only a few weeks away from returning and Percy should be (hopefully) close to returning as well.

Jacksonville is tied for the league lead in sacks and they're second to us in passing yards allowed. Of course, they also played Kansas City and Oakland, so those stats might not be as impressive as they appear to be on paper. I guess we'll find out, because as bad as the Jags are on offense, the Seahawks might have their own offense out on the field for a long time.

As far as Indy and Houston goes: As much as this week will be all about the new-look offensive line jelling, the Indy and Houston games will be about the defensive line jelling with Clemons presumably playing more in those games than he figures to this week. Indy's offensive line gets Luck hit a lot, so it could be an opportunity to try some things on the d-line to get to the quarterback with Clemons and Avril. For the Houston game, it'll be about getting Irvin back in there to shake off whatever rust he has and taking advantage of the fact that their left tackle is also having toe issues. Obviously the Texans defensive line will be a huge test for the new-look offensive line as well, so we might see some quarterbacks hitting the turf in that one.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville is tied for the league lead in sacks and they're second to us in passing yards allowed.

On the flip side, they are also the worst or one of the worst against the run, which our bread and butter. However I do think its vital to get the passing game going this week because we will have games where we aren't gonna able to pound the rock the whole game. If we cant run we will find ourselves in situations like the Carolina game where we are fighting for our lives.